Similar questions from the community
What is the difference between this 12W USB Power Adapter and the 5W USB Power Adapter, i.e. speed of charging, plug, durability, compatibility?
I have a iPhone 5s and iPad Mini Gen-1 to charge.
Is is just the power brick that is supplied?
Must i purchase the usb cable and plug separately or do they come with the power adaptor?
- Asked by Ipek H
- 09 16, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Is is just the power brick that is supplied?)
Can I buy this Power adaptor with Type A plug (US) instead of Type G (UK) plug.
I would like to buy the Apple 12W USB Power Adapter with a type A (US) plug instead of the type G (UK) plug from the Singapore Apple Store.
Is this possible?
- Asked by Ekman C
- 06 1, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy this Power adaptor with Type A plug (US) instead of Type G (UK) plug.)
When discussing wattage, does it refer to the cable or the charger plug? Or both?
ie, if I want to charge my iPad faster, I assume a 12 watt charger will be faster than a 5, but if I use a different cable (I need a long cable), will it slow it down? Does the cable itself contain a wattage, or only the charger plug itself? Thanks.
- Asked by Jenifer R from New Town
- 06 1, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (When discussing wattage, does it refer to the cable or the charger plug? Or both?)
Is the plug fused?
I am wanting the plug part only to power a camera battery recharger as an alternative to plugging in the long cable that came with the charger. The plug needs to have a 3A fuse or at least be able to be fitted with one.
- Asked by Christian W
- 10 5, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the plug fused?)
No answers yet
Does this transformer draw a trickle of power when plugged in a live socket but not charging a device
I'm using an Apple USB transformer to plug into UK power. Does the transformer draw power when plugged into a normal power socket even when there is no device connected for charging? It doesn'seem to get warm like many transformers,
- Asked by David F from Broomfield
- 06 24, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this transformer draw a trickle of power when plugged in a live socket but not charging a device)
How many milliamps is this rated for?
How many milliamps is this rated for? I want to use my optical drive hooked up to a 7-port USB 3.0 hub because I always use a MB Pro on my lap and a 1000ma wall wart is not enough to make my Apple DVD/CD burner operate.
- Asked by Mark Lee S from Lunenburg
- 09 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (How many milliamps is this rated for?)
european plug for power adapter?
My power adapter has a UK 3pin plug which slots in. Can I get a European plug to slot in when I go abroad?
- Asked by Sue A
- 10 26, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (european plug for power adapter?)
No answers yet
Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?
I don't see an extension cable anywhere on the web site.
I have the extremely useful 10W adapter that has a long cable that allows me to use my iPad and have it plugged into the wall socket.
Now I need the same for my iPhone.
(it came with a ridiculous little charging cable, which is okay as long as Apple offers an extension).
But from other users I gather that there's no cable with this 12W adapter.
Please tell me Apple didn't replace the 10W adapter with one that has no available extension.
- Asked by Thomas D from Toronto
- 07 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?)
Does 12 watt power adapter work with the latest ipod classic 160gb ?
- Asked by Jack P from Bridgewater
- 08 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does 12 watt power adapter work with the latest ipod classic 160gb ?)
Does it come with the whole charger? Will it work with a Type I plug from a 5W charger?
I currently have a 5W power adapter that came with my iPad mini (original). Does this 12W adapter come with the actual block (not the bit that plugs into the wall and is removable), or just the removable plug. Also could I put my Type I (Australia, New Zealand, Pacific and Argentina) on this one? I live in New Zealand, but am going to Britain for a few weeks, so need a plug for my iPad. I was originally going to ask if I would be getting just the plug (Type G) and use my existing charger, but now I'm asking, will my existing Type I plug, attach to this 12W charger?
Can I buy this with a Europen Plug
I don't want to have the whole travel adapter---just want to buy this power adapter in Australia for use in Europe. Don't need the Australian plug at all
- Asked by Frank H from Highbury
- 01 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy this with a Europen Plug)
Can this be powered by a battery backup?
Is it acceptable to power this USB power adapter with a battery backup unit that delivers 120V?
- Asked by Mark H from Levittown
- 09 23, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be powered by a battery backup?)
iPad Mini come with Apple 12W USB Power Adapter?
If i buy the iPad Mini, the package come with 12W USB Power Adapter or come with 5W? if come with 5W, i will buy the 12W for extera use.
Please Please let me know about this, thank you so much
- Asked by Ka Shing O from Pearsall
- 10 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (iPad Mini come with Apple 12W USB Power Adapter?)
What is the weight in grams of the 12W USB power adapter?
- Asked by Glen L from Lakewood
- 09 4, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the weight in grams of the 12W USB power adapter?)
Is this the adapter needed for all the "World Travel Adapter Kit" plugs?
Purchased the World Travel Adapter Kit, but don't have the "power adapter or AirPort Express" adapter the user guide suggests to connect these. Is this the correct adapter needed for iPad mini/iphone6
- Asked by Lori H from Seaford
- 04 21, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the adapter needed for all the "World Travel Adapter Kit" plugs?)