Similar questions from the community
Will 12 w USB for i pad 4 charge an iPhone 3g generation ?
I lost my iPhone 3G charger and I want to know if it is ok to use my iPad 4 12 w USB charger
- Asked by مني س from Suez
- 07 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will 12 w USB for i pad 4 charge an iPhone 3g generation ?)
The only adaptor I have for my Ipad 4 is a 2008 ipod charger (I don't know the wattage). Will this 12 w charge my ipad quicker?
Does the Ipad 12w charger work safely with 115v 400hz power?
- Asked by Timothy K from Nutley
- 05 28, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Ipad 12w charger work safely with 115v 400hz power?)
I just got an IPAD MINI 2 for Christmas and it came with a 10w charger can I use the 12w and which cable would I need
- Asked by Barbara D from Winter Park
- 12 28, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (I just got an IPAD MINI 2 for Christmas and it came with a 10w charger can I use the 12w and which cable would I need)
Can the 12W USB Power Adapter be used to charge the Apple Pencil? What about the Apple Magic Keyboard?
I only want to take one charger when I travel so I am curious to know whether I can use this charger (which came with the iPad Pro) to charge my iPhone, the Apple Pencil, and the Magic Keyboard. It is very convenient that they all use the lightning cable. But I'm not sure about voltage and compatibility issues with the pencil and keyboard. Thanks!
- Asked by David C from Ames
- 02 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the 12W USB Power Adapter be used to charge the Apple Pencil? What about the Apple Magic Keyboard?)
I bought my iPad Air in Germany with the european two pin plug. Can I buy only the american power plug to slide onto my adapter?
12w USB power adapter for iPad Air with the 2 pin European plug.
- Asked by Ron N from Round Lake
- 10 17, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (I bought my iPad Air in Germany with the european two pin plug. Can I buy only the american power plug to slide onto my adapter?)
Will this 12W adapter work for the iPhone 4?
The iPad has a new 12W USB Power adapter and the older 10W is no longer available. I used to charge my iPhone with the 10W adapter but it somehow the adapter has conked (it fell down twice). I just want to know if i purchase the 12W adpater, will it work for my iPhone 4?
- Asked by Amish S
- 10 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this 12W adapter work for the iPhone 4?)
How much faster does the 12W wall charger charge versus using the 10W when charging the 128gb 4th generation iPad?
I was wondering how much faster the 12W charger is in charging the iPad 4th generation, 128GB versus using the 10W charger. Is there a significant difference. I have a few 10W and I'm wondering if I should replace them with 12W chargers. Thanks! :)
- Asked by Michel G from Des Plaines
- 02 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How much faster does the 12W wall charger charge versus using the 10W when charging the 128gb 4th generation iPad?)
Does it come with the whole charger? Will it work with a Type I plug from a 5W charger?
I currently have a 5W power adapter that came with my iPad mini (original). Does this 12W adapter come with the actual block (not the bit that plugs into the wall and is removable), or just the removable plug. Also could I put my Type I (Australia, New Zealand, Pacific and Argentina) on this one? I live in New Zealand, but am going to Britain for a few weeks, so need a plug for my iPad. I was originally going to ask if I would be getting just the plug (Type G) and use my existing charger, but now I'm asking, will my existing Type I plug, attach to this 12W charger?
I bought Ipad Air at the Wal-mart. But I'm going to back my country(South Korea) soon. Can I buy 12W USB Power Adapter which I can use in South Korea?
iPad Mini come with Apple 12W USB Power Adapter?
If i buy the iPad Mini, the package come with 12W USB Power Adapter or come with 5W? if come with 5W, i will buy the 12W for extera use.
Please Please let me know about this, thank you so much
- Asked by Ka Shing O from Pearsall
- 10 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (iPad Mini come with Apple 12W USB Power Adapter?)
Will this damage the iPad Mini battery?
I have my iPad mini and really hate the 5W wall plug. I've read that using a bigger charger than intended actually damages batteries, is this the case with iPad mini and this 12W adapter?
- Asked by Elias M from Lafayette
- 11 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this damage the iPad Mini battery?)
If I use the plug/cord from an older 10W power adapter with this 12W adapter, will it still charge at 12W? They do fit (same connection).
I want to use the cord from the 10W adapter I had with my iPad 3 with the new 12W adapter I got with my iPad 4. I assume all the electronics that make it 12W are in the main body of the power adapter, not in the small section that slides onto it. The main parts of the adapters are the only parts that say anything about 10W or 12W. I noticed the little slide-on plug sections all say "2.5A 125V" regardless of when they were made, the one from my iPad 1 says the same thing as the one from my iPad 4. So I'm 99% sure I can connect the 12W adapter to an older cable or older plug and it won't make a difference and will still charge at 12W. I just want to have this confirmed.
Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?
I don't see an extension cable anywhere on the web site.
I have the extremely useful 10W adapter that has a long cable that allows me to use my iPad and have it plugged into the wall socket.
Now I need the same for my iPhone.
(it came with a ridiculous little charging cable, which is okay as long as Apple offers an extension).
But from other users I gather that there's no cable with this 12W adapter.
Please tell me Apple didn't replace the 10W adapter with one that has no available extension.
- Asked by Thomas D from Toronto
- 07 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?)
Is it safe to use apple 12W USB Power Adapter on my iPhone 6s?
I have this charger to charge my iPhone 6s im really confused if is it safe to use or i will use my 5W charger? Please advice thank you!
- Asked by Kim M from Jaen
- 09 18, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it safe to use apple 12W USB Power Adapter on my iPhone 6s?)
Can someone explain why I should use the 5W or 12W charger on an Apple Watch Sport? (Both are listed as an Apple Watch accessory.)
The Apple Watch Sport comes with the 5W standard.
- Asked by Edmund B from Forest
- 05 19, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can someone explain why I should use the 5W or 12W charger on an Apple Watch Sport? (Both are listed as an Apple Watch accessory.))