Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?
I upgraded from the Macbook Pro 2010 model to the new Macbook Air. I transfered the data from the Pro to my iMac via firewire. Now I need to transfer the same data from iMac to the new MBA with thunderbolt. Is there a cable that connects the firewire port on my iMac to the thunderbolt port on the new MBA?
Can this cable be used to transfer data between Macs?
Can this cable be used to transfer data between Macs?
- Asked by Noah K from Escondido
- 06 29, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable be used to transfer data between Macs?)
Which external hard drives have Thunderbolt connections?
- Asked by Robert L from Laguna Hills
- 04 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Which external hard drives have Thunderbolt connections?)
Can i use a thunderbolt cable to transfer from Macbook Pro 15-inch, Late 2008 - w/mini DVI (is that thunderbolt?) to new Macbook Pro?
I cant seem to get a clean answer when searching - looking to transfer data from my old 2008 macbook pro to the new one. My mini dvi looks exactly the same as the thunderbolt on new macs without the logo, is that the case?
Thanks, wanted to to check before ordering a $50 cabele
- Asked by Daniel T from Amityville
- 12 8, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use a thunderbolt cable to transfer from Macbook Pro 15-inch, Late 2008 - w/mini DVI (is that thunderbolt?) to new Macbook Pro?)
how do i transfer from my macbook pro to my imac using thunderbolt
- Asked by Dale A from Mundoolun
- 11 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i transfer from my macbook pro to my imac using thunderbolt)
File transfer w/PC
So I have a ASUS Maximus V Extreme (Thunderbolt compatible) motherboard in my new PC, and a Late 2011 Macbook Pro (also Thunderbolt compatible). All I want to do is be able to transfer files between the two computers, more often from the Macbook to the PC. I've read target disk mode can be used for similar (?) purposes, but I just want a simple answer: Do Thunderbolt cables/ports allow such a connection? Or are they just for external storage and displays?
- Asked by Evan S from Traverse City
- 03 5, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (File transfer w/PC)
Can this cable transfer data from a windows PC to Mac?
- Asked by Jessica J from Adelaide
- 07 17, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable transfer data from a windows PC to Mac?)
I'd like to transfer a large number of photos from Mac Air to my iMac. I'd like to do so using Thunderbolt. What adapter do I need?
Can an iMac (Aug 2011) be used in target display mode with my MacBook Air (2012)?
I want to use an Aug 2011 iMac (21.5 inch) as a second display with a new Mac Book Air.
Is this possible with a Thunderbolt cable?
Can this cable be used with external hard drives, if so what drives?
- Asked by Claude M from Detroit
- 07 15, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable be used with external hard drives, if so what drives?)
how can I make use of thunderbolt technology on my older version iMac? I wish to increase data transfer speed on my iMac with thunderbolt or USB 3.0
My iMac has no thunderbolt port.
Can I transfer video files from my camera using thunderbolt
- Asked by Vernon K from Fairfax
- 03 1, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I transfer video files from my camera using thunderbolt)
Thunderbolt to MINI DVI
What cable do I need to connect a Macbook Air (2011) thunderbolt port to a 24" iMac (2008) DVI port to be able to run the Macbook Air in target mode. In other words, the iMac would act as an external display for the new Macbook Air.
Thank you in advance,
- Asked by Janet R from Lakewood
- 07 26, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt to MINI DVI)
No answers yet
Can I connect a 2011 Macbook Pro to a 2013 Macbook Air and use the Air as a second display for the 2011?
I know both have thunderbolt ports, I just need to know wether i can make a second display, not just data transfer with thunderbolt cables. I'm trying to use what I have, an older work computer and use my personal laptop as the second display for when i work from home.
- Asked by Jonathan C from Pittsburg
- 06 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a 2011 Macbook Pro to a 2013 Macbook Air and use the Air as a second display for the 2011?)
ethernet vs thunderbolt for migration
If using migration assistant to transfer system from old macbook pro with thunderbolt port to new macbook pro with thunderbolt port, is it better to use wired ethernet connection or thunderbolt connection for the migration? Which is faster?
- Asked by Alan F from Cloverdale
- 06 14, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (ethernet vs thunderbolt for migration)
Is this cable used to transfer files between two macs?
Hi. I am planning to purchase a new macbook pro since the keyboard of my old one broke. I remember when I first bought this macbook pro, I also bought a cable that transferred all files to from my Macbook. Will this cable do the same things and transfer all files? I am not a tech-person, so I really don't understand the description. It would be great if you could help me. And if this isn't the product, will you please suggest what cable is good for transferring files?
- Asked by Kiyomi R from Carpinteria
- 03 20, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this cable used to transfer files between two macs?)