Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
will this product work to transfer files from an imac to macbook air
- Asked by Peter M from Fuquay Varina
- 02 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (will this product work to transfer files from an imac to macbook air)
transfer files from windows based computer to imac
- Asked by Rita S from Castro Valley
- 08 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (transfer files from windows based computer to imac)
how do i transfer from my macbook pro to my imac using thunderbolt
- Asked by Dale A from Mundoolun
- 11 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i transfer from my macbook pro to my imac using thunderbolt)
How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?
I upgraded from the Macbook Pro 2010 model to the new Macbook Air. I transfered the data from the Pro to my iMac via firewire. Now I need to transfer the same data from iMac to the new MBA with thunderbolt. Is there a cable that connects the firewire port on my iMac to the thunderbolt port on the new MBA?
how can I make use of thunderbolt technology on my older version iMac? I wish to increase data transfer speed on my iMac with thunderbolt or USB 3.0
My iMac has no thunderbolt port.
I'd like to transfer a large number of photos from Mac Air to my iMac. I'd like to do so using Thunderbolt. What adapter do I need?
How to connect iMac 2010 to MacBook Pro 2010 for display purposes?
Alright, I have a 2010 iMac as well as a 2010 MacBook Pro. I am hoping to connect them for display purposes...how can I go about this? Thinking the Thunderbolt cable would work, but don't want to shell out the $49 until I know forsure.
- Asked by Matthew S from Port Colborne
- 04 23, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (How to connect iMac 2010 to MacBook Pro 2010 for display purposes?)
Can this be used to use an iMac 27Inch (2011) as a display for a pc with a mini display port output?
I have tried a mini display port cable and it doesn't work.
can a new macbook air thunderbolt to an imac-2010 with mini display port
i bought a thunderblot cable without checking my imac2010 very carefully. now i found my imac only has one minidisplay port. is it possible to connect my macbook air(2011new with thunderbolt) to the minidisplay of imac? i tried the com+f2 on my imac, but it doesn't work.
i am really confused by apple, the thunderbolt fit very well to the mini display port.
- Asked by Xiaofei Z
- 02 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can a new macbook air thunderbolt to an imac-2010 with mini display port)
Can I connect a 2011 Macbook Pro to a 2013 Macbook Air and use the Air as a second display for the 2011?
I know both have thunderbolt ports, I just need to know wether i can make a second display, not just data transfer with thunderbolt cables. I'm trying to use what I have, an older work computer and use my personal laptop as the second display for when i work from home.
- Asked by Jonathan C from Pittsburg
- 06 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a 2011 Macbook Pro to a 2013 Macbook Air and use the Air as a second display for the 2011?)
Will the Apple Thunderbolt cable work between a Thunderbolt enabled 2011 iMac and a Pre-Thunderbolt (Mini DisplayPort enabled) MacBook Pro?
Simple scenario: I have a 2011 iMac with Thunderbolt inputs and a 2009 MacBook Pro without Thunderbolt inputs (Only Mini DisplayPort input). Will I be able to connect the Apple Thunderbolt cable to both of these and use the MacBook Pro as a second display, adjacent to my iMac?
Will this cable work as a connector to my iMac 2009 to make it into an external monitor for my current model Macbook Pro?
I'm looking for a thunderbolt cable that will allow me to use my old iMac (2009) to be used as an external 2nd monitor for me Macbook Pro Retina.
- Asked by Symon C from Brooklyn
- 03 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable work as a connector to my iMac 2009 to make it into an external monitor for my current model Macbook Pro?)
Is it possible to connect a new iMac to my old 2009 MacBook Pro using the thunderbolt cable and use both screens to display work?
- Asked by Tanner W from Huntington
- 12 1, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect a new iMac to my old 2009 MacBook Pro using the thunderbolt cable and use both screens to display work?)
Can this cable be used to transfer data between Macs?
Can this cable be used to transfer data between Macs?
- Asked by Noah K from Escondido
- 06 29, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable be used to transfer data between Macs?)
File transfer w/PC
So I have a ASUS Maximus V Extreme (Thunderbolt compatible) motherboard in my new PC, and a Late 2011 Macbook Pro (also Thunderbolt compatible). All I want to do is be able to transfer files between the two computers, more often from the Macbook to the PC. I've read target disk mode can be used for similar (?) purposes, but I just want a simple answer: Do Thunderbolt cables/ports allow such a connection? Or are they just for external storage and displays?
- Asked by Evan S from Traverse City
- 03 5, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (File transfer w/PC)
will this cable work to connect 2 thunderbolt ported iMac 27" 3.4 i7 to3.4 i5 to make video connection not mirrored but 1 mouse works both screens
Use iMac late 2009 as a second display connected to iMac late 2014
Not sure if possible, is it possible to use my iMac Late 2009 as a second display for the iMac late 2014 build.
The old iMac has a Mini display port and the new iMac has only thunderbolt connections?
I am confused after reading apples FAQ's
Appreciate any help, thank you
- Asked by John A from Eastbourne
- 04 24, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Use iMac late 2009 as a second display connected to iMac late 2014)