Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can I transfer video files from my camera using thunderbolt
- Asked by Vernon K from Fairfax
- 03 1, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I transfer video files from my camera using thunderbolt)
How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?
I upgraded from the Macbook Pro 2010 model to the new Macbook Air. I transfered the data from the Pro to my iMac via firewire. Now I need to transfer the same data from iMac to the new MBA with thunderbolt. Is there a cable that connects the firewire port on my iMac to the thunderbolt port on the new MBA?
how can I make use of thunderbolt technology on my older version iMac? I wish to increase data transfer speed on my iMac with thunderbolt or USB 3.0
My iMac has no thunderbolt port.
transfer files from windows based computer to imac
- Asked by Rita S from Castro Valley
- 08 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (transfer files from windows based computer to imac)
will this product work to transfer files from an imac to macbook air
- Asked by Peter M from Fuquay Varina
- 02 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (will this product work to transfer files from an imac to macbook air)
I'd like to transfer a large number of photos from Mac Air to my iMac. I'd like to do so using Thunderbolt. What adapter do I need?
will this cable work to connect 2 thunderbolt ported iMac 27" 3.4 i7 to3.4 i5 to make video connection not mirrored but 1 mouse works both screens
Thunderbolt to MINI DVI
What cable do I need to connect a Macbook Air (2011) thunderbolt port to a 24" iMac (2008) DVI port to be able to run the Macbook Air in target mode. In other words, the iMac would act as an external display for the new Macbook Air.
Thank you in advance,
- Asked by Janet R from Lakewood
- 07 26, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt to MINI DVI)
No answers yet
Will the Apple Thunderbolt cable work between a Thunderbolt enabled 2011 iMac and a Pre-Thunderbolt (Mini DisplayPort enabled) MacBook Pro?
Simple scenario: I have a 2011 iMac with Thunderbolt inputs and a 2009 MacBook Pro without Thunderbolt inputs (Only Mini DisplayPort input). Will I be able to connect the Apple Thunderbolt cable to both of these and use the MacBook Pro as a second display, adjacent to my iMac?
Can i use a thunderbolt cable to transfer from Macbook Pro 15-inch, Late 2008 - w/mini DVI (is that thunderbolt?) to new Macbook Pro?
I cant seem to get a clean answer when searching - looking to transfer data from my old 2008 macbook pro to the new one. My mini dvi looks exactly the same as the thunderbolt on new macs without the logo, is that the case?
Thanks, wanted to to check before ordering a $50 cabele
- Asked by Daniel T from Amityville
- 12 8, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use a thunderbolt cable to transfer from Macbook Pro 15-inch, Late 2008 - w/mini DVI (is that thunderbolt?) to new Macbook Pro?)
can a new macbook air thunderbolt to an imac-2010 with mini display port
i bought a thunderblot cable without checking my imac2010 very carefully. now i found my imac only has one minidisplay port. is it possible to connect my macbook air(2011new with thunderbolt) to the minidisplay of imac? i tried the com+f2 on my imac, but it doesn't work.
i am really confused by apple, the thunderbolt fit very well to the mini display port.
- Asked by Xiaofei Z
- 02 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can a new macbook air thunderbolt to an imac-2010 with mini display port)
Will Thunderbolt cable with Windows 7 can i import the display to my imac mid 2011 ?
I would like to purchase thunderbolt cable for my apple mac book pro which has a dual partition Mac OS X and Windows 7 can i use thunderbolt cable and import the display in windows platform ?
- Asked by Valentine F
- 10 6, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Thunderbolt cable with Windows 7 can i import the display to my imac mid 2011 ?)
how do i connect my new thunderbolt display to my new 2011 imac 27
- Asked by Cynthia W from Newport
- 09 29, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect my new thunderbolt display to my new 2011 imac 27)
Can I easily transfer files from Mac to Mac with this cable?
Can I easily transfer big files from Mac to Mac? Will it be something as easy as Airdrop? Obviously it will have the cable plugged in, but can I just drag and drop the file somewhere to have it transferred?
- Asked by Seth T from Glen Allen
- 11 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I easily transfer files from Mac to Mac with this cable?)
Is this cable used to transfer files between two macs?
Hi. I am planning to purchase a new macbook pro since the keyboard of my old one broke. I remember when I first bought this macbook pro, I also bought a cable that transferred all files to from my Macbook. Will this cable do the same things and transfer all files? I am not a tech-person, so I really don't understand the description. It would be great if you could help me. And if this isn't the product, will you please suggest what cable is good for transferring files?
- Asked by Kiyomi R from Carpinteria
- 03 20, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this cable used to transfer files between two macs?)
Use iMac late 2009 as a second display connected to iMac late 2014
Not sure if possible, is it possible to use my iMac Late 2009 as a second display for the iMac late 2014 build.
The old iMac has a Mini display port and the new iMac has only thunderbolt connections?
I am confused after reading apples FAQ's
Appreciate any help, thank you
- Asked by John A from Eastbourne
- 04 24, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Use iMac late 2009 as a second display connected to iMac late 2014)