Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can an iMac (Aug 2011) be used in target display mode with my MacBook Air (2012)?
I want to use an Aug 2011 iMac (21.5 inch) as a second display with a new Mac Book Air.
Is this possible with a Thunderbolt cable?
Can I use my old iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) as the 2nd display for the new iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) connecting with the Thunderbolt Cable?
I have a late 2012 27inch iMac and a late 2012 21.5 inch iMac both with thunderbolt sockets. Can I connect the two together using the 21 as a monitor
can I connect a new mac mini to my iMac (17 inch)
I would guess I could... Need to know what hardware (cables, adapters, etc) is needed
- Asked by James M from Holyoke
- 07 12, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect a new mac mini to my iMac (17 inch))
Thunderbolt to MINI DVI
What cable do I need to connect a Macbook Air (2011) thunderbolt port to a 24" iMac (2008) DVI port to be able to run the Macbook Air in target mode. In other words, the iMac would act as an external display for the new Macbook Air.
Thank you in advance,
- Asked by Janet R from Lakewood
- 07 26, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt to MINI DVI)
No answers yet
Can I connect a new Macbook Air with Thunderbolt cable to an older iMac with a mini-display port only?
Can I connect a new Macbook Air with Thunderbolt cable to an older iMac with a mini-display port only? If not, Apple should introduce thin, 27-inch display (as on newer iMacs). Why would I buy current Thunderbolt display when it's basically my current iMac, less the computer part, with the additional ports?
- Asked by Gary S from Vacaville
- 11 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a new Macbook Air with Thunderbolt cable to an older iMac with a mini-display port only?)
Will the Apple Thunderbolt cable work between a Thunderbolt enabled 2011 iMac and a Pre-Thunderbolt (Mini DisplayPort enabled) MacBook Pro?
Simple scenario: I have a 2011 iMac with Thunderbolt inputs and a 2009 MacBook Pro without Thunderbolt inputs (Only Mini DisplayPort input). Will I be able to connect the Apple Thunderbolt cable to both of these and use the MacBook Pro as a second display, adjacent to my iMac?
Can i use a thunderbolt cable to transfer from Macbook Pro 15-inch, Late 2008 - w/mini DVI (is that thunderbolt?) to new Macbook Pro?
I cant seem to get a clean answer when searching - looking to transfer data from my old 2008 macbook pro to the new one. My mini dvi looks exactly the same as the thunderbolt on new macs without the logo, is that the case?
Thanks, wanted to to check before ordering a $50 cabele
- Asked by Daniel T from Amityville
- 12 8, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use a thunderbolt cable to transfer from Macbook Pro 15-inch, Late 2008 - w/mini DVI (is that thunderbolt?) to new Macbook Pro?)
can a new macbook air thunderbolt to an imac-2010 with mini display port
i bought a thunderblot cable without checking my imac2010 very carefully. now i found my imac only has one minidisplay port. is it possible to connect my macbook air(2011new with thunderbolt) to the minidisplay of imac? i tried the com+f2 on my imac, but it doesn't work.
i am really confused by apple, the thunderbolt fit very well to the mini display port.
- Asked by Xiaofei Z
- 02 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can a new macbook air thunderbolt to an imac-2010 with mini display port)
Can I use Thunderbolt cable to connect Mac Mini to LaCie Display?
- Asked by Marion R from Northridge
- 05 28, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Thunderbolt cable to connect Mac Mini to LaCie Display?)
will a thunderbolt cable connect a macbookpro 2012 to a Retina MacbookPro ?
would like to copy and install programs from macbookpro (June 2012 13") to Retina MacbookPro (Oct '12 model)
- Asked by Alexander B
- 01 31, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (will a thunderbolt cable connect a macbookpro 2012 to a Retina MacbookPro ?)
Can my iMac (2013) connect to my macbook pro (2012) with the thunderbolt cable and be used (the macbook pro) as a second display?
can i connect a thunderbolt cable from my macbook air to a lcd screen tv? or is it just ltd to apple peripherals and iMac?
- Asked by Leo J from Silver Spring
- 02 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect a thunderbolt cable from my macbook air to a lcd screen tv? or is it just ltd to apple peripherals and iMac?)
How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?
I upgraded from the Macbook Pro 2010 model to the new Macbook Air. I transfered the data from the Pro to my iMac via firewire. Now I need to transfer the same data from iMac to the new MBA with thunderbolt. Is there a cable that connects the firewire port on my iMac to the thunderbolt port on the new MBA?