Similar questions from the community
Can I transfer data stored on my icloud to my time capsule? Or from my iphone to my Time Capsule?
My iphone has a lot of pictures on it and has run out of space, so I figured I would get icloud and back up to that and then delete the photo's from the phone. Well now my icloud account is getting to its limit and I was thinking why can't I just move all of my photos to my time capsule. However I can't seem to find a way to do that.
Do you know if there is an option to move the data from my icloud account to my time capsule?
And for future prevention of this issue, do you know if there is a way to move the pictures from the phone to the time capsule so that I don't have to fill up my icloud account?
- Asked by Jason S from Reno
- 02 20, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I transfer data stored on my icloud to my time capsule? Or from my iphone to my Time Capsule?)
how to shift data from time capsule to airport time capsule
I want to shift data from my Time Capsule 1TB - to a new Airport Time Capsule 2TB.
How do I do this?
I have started to set up the new Airport Time Capsule 2TB, but it says if I replace the existing base station the settings will automatically migrate to the new ATC. Does that mean I lose the data I want to transfer?
- Asked by John D
- 03 26, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (how to shift data from time capsule to airport time capsule)
Is it possible to transfer data directly from Seagate Backup Plus to AirPort Time Capsule?
I currently use Seagate Backup Plus 1TB for my MacBook Air.
But since it was originally for Windows and it is not wireless, I'm considering to purchase AirPort Time Capsule to replace it.
My iTunes library, videos, and photos are all currently stored in Seagate Backup Plus.
I was wondering if it's possible for me to transfer those data directly to AirPort Time Capsule.
My MacBook Air's hard drive is not large enough to transfer the data from Seagate external hard drive, so it has to be the direct transfer between Seagate and AirPort Time Capsule...
- Asked by Joji H from San Francisco
- 01 17, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to transfer data directly from Seagate Backup Plus to AirPort Time Capsule?)
how can i erase data from my older time capsule? And can I transfer the data to the newer Time Capsule before eraseing it?
- Asked by Ronald F R from Fabius
- 10 10, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (how can i erase data from my older time capsule? And can I transfer the data to the newer Time Capsule before eraseing it?)
I would like to use two time capsules as wireless hard drives only. Can I transfer the same data to two time capsules at the same time? (Raid System)?
Apple time capsule - how to verify a backup.
Ive just purchased a new computer. I have an Airport timecapsule and the backup are up-to-date ready for transfer to the new computer. My question relates to verification of the back-ups. I noticed “once” that during a backup it was trying to do a verification of the backup and it got stuck at 51% for over 12 hours - I gave up and turned off the computer. Now that I’m about to transfer data over to the new computer, I’m wondering if I should do the verification again - however, I cant find any options on the backup preferences to do this. My question- is the verification essential to do prior to transferring data to the new computer and how do I do this? Many thanks
- Asked by Karina W from Kadina
- 03 1, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple time capsule - how to verify a backup.)
No answers yet
Transferring existing external backup hard drives to Airport Time Capsule?
I want to backup 4 devices on a home wifi network with an Airport Time Capsule (ATC):
iPad I (iOS 5.1.1)
iMac (OS 10.5.8, connected via ethernet cable to Airport Extreme.
MBA (OS 10.8.4)
The iMac is backed up by 2 external hard drives, a 1 TB OWC Mercury Elite that has only TimeMachine backup of the iMac, and a 250 GB Mercury Elite that is the storage for the iPhoto library on the iMac and for some other photo backups.
Questions. 1. Can I backup the iMac, which has most data, via the ethernet cable to ATC instead of via wifi? 2. Can I transfer or move the 1TB that Time Machine has backed up on the external hard to ATC? 3. Can I manually transfer data, for example the iPhoto Library or other photo back up from the 250GB external to the Airport Time Capsule?
thanks for help,
- Asked by Armando M from Wilson
- 08 23, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Transferring existing external backup hard drives to Airport Time Capsule?)
Android Airport time capsule compatibility
I have a macbook pro and an Android mobile devices and wanted to know if airport time capsule will work as a storage and backup solution on Android.
I know it will work as a modem for internet access but will I be able to store my data and access it from my non apple devices?
- Asked by Omar N from Dayton
- 07 25, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Android Airport time capsule compatibility)
No answers yet
Why isn't there a Thunderbolt port on the new Time Capsule?
It would seem the fastest way to transfer data from a Time Machine backup to a Mac would be with a Thunderbolt cable. It seems counter intuitive to move large amounts of data from a 3TB back by USB 2 when Thunderbolt technology is clearly superior
- Asked by Jack K from Las Vegas
- 06 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Why isn't there a Thunderbolt port on the new Time Capsule?)
Can the time capsule HD be partitioned
Can I partition the time capsule hard drive so I can use one partition for time machine backups and another for separate data storage?
- Asked by Neil S
- 06 23, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the time capsule HD be partitioned)
Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?
Using a home Wi-Fi, am I able to back up my apple device to the time capsule?
- Asked by Maurice J from Newark
- 08 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?)
Can you transfer backups from an older generation time capsule directly to latest time capsule?
I have one of the last generation Time Capsules that is currently backing up 5 macbook pros, can I transfer those backups directly to the new Time Capsule?
Without having to do a full backup from the individual machines?
- Asked by Anthony W from San Diego
- 10 9, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you transfer backups from an older generation time capsule directly to latest time capsule?)
Make a WiFi Network with a Data Card and Airport Time Capsule
I am considering buying a Airport Time Capsule mainly to have a back up of my iMac. But i now read that it can also be used as a router - so i am a bit curious if i can somehow use a DataCard to create a WiFi. I have been given an extra DataCard with my iPhone that i intended to use for my iPad and it connects to a 4G network with very fast upload and download. Is this somehow doable?
- Asked by Palle Kamuk N
- 03 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Make a WiFi Network with a Data Card and Airport Time Capsule)
Can time capsule connect with iPad air?
I wanted to by airport time capsule 2 tb but I had a query that can it connect to iPad Air?? and send data to it or from my iPad can I send data to air port.?? . If I can then how
- Asked by Darshil P
- 11 23, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can time capsule connect with iPad air?)
No answers yet
how many devices does airport time capsule support
I am planning to buy a 2tb time capsule....We use 13 devices iMac iPhones iPads etc. can it support all our devices and can we stores all our photo and movie files and access them remotely. Can we stream movies from time capsule to tv.
- Asked by Bill O
- 06 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (how many devices does airport time capsule support)
Can I use the Time Capsule to store my iTunes Library and access through iTunes on my Mac Book?
Have Apple TV, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5G, I expect that I would have to have iTunes running on my Mac Book with the iTunes Library on the Time Capsule. Is this correct? Anyway to just have the Time Capsule and the Apple TV?
- Asked by Philip S from Elsah
- 01 27, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Time Capsule to store my iTunes Library and access through iTunes on my Mac Book?)
What is the procedure to transfer data from previous Time Capsule to new one? Is there software utility provided? Or is it automatic when TC attached
Does AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB back up iPhoto
I have a macbook pro which I travel with and an iMac at home. So i end up with lots of photographs on both. Would be great if they were synced. I have had lots of trouble with iCloud and iphoto on both devices but no such issues with ipad and iphone.
Hopefully AirPort Time Capsule is the answer to my problems.
- Asked by Mark R
- 07 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB back up iPhoto)
Can AirPort Time Capsule be used as an external hard drive?
Can i save my data on it? Because i don't have enough space on Macbook.
- Asked by Benjamin O
- 08 14, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPort Time Capsule be used as an external hard drive?)