Similar questions from the community
How would I go about using a Time Capsule with Time Warner Cable?
They force you to rent one of their routers. Would I just connect the two using an ethernet cable? Would this affect the speed of Internet I get? And would it be silly to pay for Time Capsule if I already have to pay for a router? I know you get the backup capabilities, but having 2 devices for Wi-Fi seems unnecessary. I have all Apple products.
- Asked by Casey G from Louisville
- 06 2, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (How would I go about using a Time Capsule with Time Warner Cable?)
does the airport time capsule works with time warner cable service
- Asked by Robert S from Oxnard
- 07 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (does the airport time capsule works with time warner cable service)
Will I need to keep Time Capsule hardwired to my cable modem via an ethernet cable at all times? That's going to require a very long cable.....
Can I connect a printer to my time capsule using WPS?
I have a Canon Pixma wireless printer that can only connect to WiFi via WPS. I have a Time Capsule 2TB router. I do not see a WPS button on it. Is there a way to trigger the WPS functionality via some other means? In other words: without using a USB cable, because that is connected to my wife's desktop PC, how can I virtually press a WPS button on my Time Capsule to connect the printer to my apple network?
- Asked by Bob R from West Valley City
- 07 5, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a printer to my time capsule using WPS?)
Can you use the AirPort Time Capsule whilst on a commercial flight.
That is can you watch favourite videos, view photos etc using USB cable to macbook rather than WiFi?
- Asked by Matthew B from Hurstbridge
- 09 29, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the AirPort Time Capsule whilst on a commercial flight.)
Can I use my AirPort Time Capsule as a wireless access point?
My house is wired with ethernet jacks everywhere but my Xfinity router/cable modem combo isn't strong enough. I would like to know if I can set up the Time Capsule as a Wireless Access Point for the current network. As a separate question, I would also like to know how to set up the Time Capsule as a separate Wifi network in the house (new name/password) using the Airport Time Capsule. How do I do that as well?
- Asked by Jeffrey W from Los Altos
- 04 20, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my AirPort Time Capsule as a wireless access point?)
Adding a time capsule to an existing network and configuring for the speediest backups?
I have a 27" i5 iMac on my home wireless network running off my ISP-provided wireless router. Many other devices like my TV and TIVO connect to this network so I'd like leave it as the creator of my wireless network.
I'd like to add a time capsule for backups from the iMac. I assume the time capsule can connect to my existing wireless network and I could back up that way but I was concerned that I may be sacrificing speed essential for backups compared with using the native wireless built-in to the time capsule.
Is it possible for the iMac to either:
- connect to both wireless networks at once
- connect to my existing router's wireless network but somehow switch to the time capsule's network when doing a backup.
I don't want to connect the time capsule direct via ethernet cable to my iMac as I would like to keep them separate for security purposes
- Asked by David F from Paddington
- 11 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Adding a time capsule to an existing network and configuring for the speediest backups?)
Can i use an external hard drive with the Time Capsule as a separate time machine?
I have an iMac with a 1TB fusion Drive and a Macbook Air with a 128GB SSD. I want to use the Time Capsule to back up my iMac and i want to use an external drive connected to the time capsule to back up my macbook air using time machine.
- Asked by Corin G
- 07 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use an external hard drive with the Time Capsule as a separate time machine?)
Whats the difference between Airport Time Capsule and Time Capsule?
What does Airport Time Capsule 3TB have to offer over Time Capsule 3TB?
- Asked by Glen B from Calgary
- 07 29, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Whats the difference between Airport Time Capsule and Time Capsule?)
How quiet is the time capsule?
Is the Time Capsule quiet enough to use in a bedroom? I know the hard drive will spin if a back up is going on, which is fine. But I'm wondering how loud the fan is when the hard drive is not spinning and no backups are happening?
- Asked by Tristan T from Richmond
- 06 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How quiet is the time capsule?)
Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?
Using a home Wi-Fi, am I able to back up my apple device to the time capsule?
- Asked by Maurice J from Newark
- 08 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?)
Can I connect my Airport Time Capsule to my WD media player
I already have a large collection of movies in mainly avi format, and I would like to store my movies on my Airport Time Capsule. I don't really want to go through the arduous task of converting ALL my movies to apple format, Can I connect my WD Media Player to the Time capsule via USB cable, and play my movies through that (ie media player accesses the Time capsule like an external hard drive)?
- Asked by Jo-ann F from Salisbury
- 12 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my Airport Time Capsule to my WD media player)
Do I need to disable the Wi Fi signal from my existing Telstra Cable Wireless Modem to use Airport Time Capsule as my Wireless Router instead?
Set up of AirPort Time Capsule
- Asked by Dean Z from Burleigh Waters
- 11 20, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to disable the Wi Fi signal from my existing Telstra Cable Wireless Modem to use Airport Time Capsule as my Wireless Router instead?)
Can an AirPort Time Capsule be used as a modem?
I'm looking to switch the network provider because of some reasons: price, performance, and device. I pay
I pay $59.47 per month get only maximum speed of downlaod up to 12 Mbps, upload 1.5 Mbps.
Wondering if I the AirPort Time Capsule can be used as a modem and wireless router and to boost up performance for my network provider?
- Asked by Serey Wathna S from Houston
- 03 8, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can an AirPort Time Capsule be used as a modem?)
Can the time capsule be used as a sort of media hub
I'd like to store my large collection of ripped DVD's on the time capsule. Id like to set it up so that anyone on my network can watch the movies, and also would like to be able to easily stream the movies to my tv's. I have apple tv, was wondering if this product is suitable for what I'm trying to do.
- Asked by John D from Manhasset
- 09 17, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the time capsule be used as a sort of media hub)
Can I use my time capsule for wifi and cancel my cable wifi?
- Asked by Wendy D from Woodbury
- 02 3, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my time capsule for wifi and cancel my cable wifi?)
can apple tv access movies on time capsule through i phone
Basically I do not want to go through my i pad or macbook to stream to my Apple TV. I would like to use my phone for this.
- Asked by Richard M from Charlestown
- 12 20, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (can apple tv access movies on time capsule through i phone)
Can I use time capsule for iTunes and iPhoto libraries
I have a macbook and macbook pro which are both used independently. I would like to use a time capsule to store files and iTunes and iPhoto libraries. What I am looking to achieve is to be able to stream wirelessly my files between either of the computers and access iTunes and iPhoto from either machine. The majority of hard drive space would then be freed up on both machines and for no loss of service. I would think that playlists and albums would be unaffected by this change. Any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks
- Asked by Alan T
- 11 27, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use time capsule for iTunes and iPhoto libraries)