Similar questions from the community
will this device support APFS?
im wondering if the main drive or a external drive connected using APFS format would be able to be supported if this is id really consider getting one due to the fact I only have a 1st gen and even though I upgraded the HDD to a 2TB its still slow id love to have a faster backup so id like to know if it supports APFS
- Asked by Tim F from Atascadero
- 06 17, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (will this device support APFS?)
how many devices does airport time capsule support
I am planning to buy a 2tb time capsule....We use 13 devices iMac iPhones iPads etc. can it support all our devices and can we stores all our photo and movie files and access them remotely. Can we stream movies from time capsule to tv.
- Asked by Bill O
- 06 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (how many devices does airport time capsule support)
Squeezebox Support on Airport?
Does anyone know if an Airport Time Capsule would offer Squeezebox support? I'm considering moving from an all windows environment to an iMac with an Airport time capsule. Ideally I'd like to be able to access a music library from Squeezebox on an airport even with the iMac off. I realize there is Apple TV and the like, but I've got a good investment already in squeezebox devices and controllers I'd like to continue to use. Has anyone tried this before? Sorry, not very technical here so forgive me but from browsing the logitech site it looks like Squeezebox is incapable of connecting to N networks and we would need to change modem settings to B or G. I assume that is done at the wireless router and isn't any worse that what I have now? Any downsides here? Thanks everyone!
- Asked by Darren N from Sterling
- 03 22, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Squeezebox Support on Airport?)
No answers yet
Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,
Hi, I have seen others ask questions on DDNS - I am not so worried about DDNS specifically (although this would seem the most sensible way to support this capability).
Is there ANY way from the device itself? (not a Mac, PC or something else sat behind it) to allow remote connection from the internet back into the device. For instance to remote access the time capsule, access a device such as an IP Camera etc. I do not have a static IP address fomr my ISP so I need some way to broadcast this via a dynamic DNS service or other method that you can provide, but it needs to be form the router as I do not have a Mac or PC or other device permanently left 'on' behind the Airport.
- Asked by Neil G from Winter Park
- 06 26, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,)
Does the TC fit for a small scale enterprise backup solution?
Currently we use an old power mac with 2TB of storage to backup about 20 clients.
Does the TC support multiple devices to backup?
Does it support OD authentication?
It would be a good opportunity to save energy and go a little greener. ;)
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Sebastian C
- 01 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the TC fit for a small scale enterprise backup solution?)
Does 2013 Time Capsule support 5Ghz 802.11 'N' or is 5Ghz only for 'AC'?
I currently have no 802.11AC devices, and 2.4ghz is congested in my area.
Can I turn off 'AC' and use 5ghz frequency for 802.11N, so that my 3rd Gen iPad, iPhone 5 etc can connect on 5ghz band?
From what I've read, it looks like 2.4ghz is N and 5Ghz is AC, can this be changed?
- Asked by Isaac I from Pacific Pines
- 08 14, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does 2013 Time Capsule support 5Ghz 802.11 'N' or is 5Ghz only for 'AC'?)
Can I use the new Time Capsule on machines running 10.6.8?
Product Info says:
Any Wi-Fi device you have will work with AirPort Time Capsule.
But Tech Specs says this Time Capsule requires 10.7.5 and a higher Airport Utility that 10.6 supports.
- Asked by Phil C. B from Gainesville
- 06 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the new Time Capsule on machines running 10.6.8?)
Does it support DHCP reservation?
DHCP reservation is a feature commonly found on DLINK routers. It means that your router is still assigning the IP addresses dynamically, but you can tell the router to assign certain IP address to certain clients as they join the network. Therefore if you have a shared Network Attached Storage (NAS) and you want to ensure the same IP address every-time it comes up from a reboot, DHCP reservation takes care of this IP "affinity".
I am asking the question because I found this feature to be fairly obscure to the general public, and Router manufacturers rarely tout it as a feature. However, I ended up with a Belkin router that was pretty high-end and did not have DHCP reservation.
- Asked by Alexandru R from Seattle
- 07 4, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support DHCP reservation?)
does this support air play?
- Asked by Ashlyn G from Alexandria
- 06 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (does this support air play?)
What are my options to have an online backup for the airport time capsule
I am planning to purchase an AirPort Time Capsule to act as a NAS, so my iPhoto and iTunes folders will be located on it.
I hope this plan makes sense and other people are doing the same.
There shouldn't be any problem with this, but I would like to have it backed up online, in case it fails.
Do I have to run backup software such as CrashPlan from my macbook in order to have that, or does this device supports any type of online backup out of the box?
- Asked by Uzi K from Albany
- 07 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (What are my options to have an online backup for the airport time capsule)
Does this device stores movies as well?
Should I decide tp download music, movies, videos, and backup files, would this device do all of these things?
- Asked by Lapolean K from Creedmoor
- 07 28, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this device stores movies as well?)
How to connect usb devices?
For instance one or two external hard-drives.
- Asked by Paul O from Thornhill
- 11 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How to connect usb devices?)
No answers yet
Does Airport Extreme support VLAN tagging?
I have Centurylink gigabit internet (Seattle) that requires a router that support VLAN tagging. I want to replace my CL router with an AP Extreme. Does the Airport Extreme support VLAN tagging (VID=201).
- Asked by Mark L from Seattle
- 01 12, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Extreme support VLAN tagging?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Does Time Capsule support AirPlay speakers?
- Asked by Wendy N from Bloomingburg
- 09 15, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Time Capsule support AirPlay speakers?)
No answers yet
Does the Time Capsule support link aggregation?
Is it possible to bond or link two or three of the Ethernet (not WAN) ports into a single link for increased bandwidth and access speed?
- Asked by Jordan H from Edmonton
- 03 9, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Time Capsule support link aggregation?)
No answers yet