Similar questions from the community
ATT modem/router combo which I do not think works well. How will the Extreme work in this situation or do I need a new modem? I have no experience.
ATT modem/router combo which I do not think works well. How will the Extreme work in this situation or do I need a new modem? I have no experience and would have to do this alone. Currently the internet always goes out, and has issues with new devices logging into the network, as well as issues streaming. We are thinking replacing the router will help this situation. Ideas?
Is the AirPort Extreme Compatable with a Comcast Modem/Router
Please Hang with me here, I am NOT an Apple User as of "YET", and not really great at Computer Language. That said, here goes.
1). I own a 2 year old DELL Laptop, (Don't Like It at all)! its Slow, has 4 Gigs of RAM and a 2.16 Gighrtz Processor. I am Looking to go with an Apple Laptop.
2). We have Comcast Internet Service Wireless Router Modem that is 150MB Download and 12MB Upload. It is there Latest Modem and was replaced 2 weeks ago. I use my Laptop Hardwired to the Modem with an Ethernet Cable, My Wife has a Dell Desktop that is Hard Wired also, if I switch to wireless "IE" Unplug the Ethernet Cable, I can go to Starbucks and get a cup of coffee and come back and the Page "MIGHT BE" Loaded. Wired, it aint much faster!
So, I have talked to some friends that have apple Computer Laptops and swear by them. What I don't know is, are they Wireless "ONLY"? How do I use my Printer that has a USB Cable attached (Not Wireless)?
3). If I buy an Apple Laptop Computer, And, want to use it at its FASTEST / BEST Speeds and Capabilities, can I purchase the AirPort Extreme, and use it with or Attached to the Comcast Modem to get better Distance and more reliable Internet service? We Stream Netflix, VuDu, Pandora, and such regularly. Our TV Is an older Plasma Unit from 2003 and we have DIRECT TV with the Wireless GENIE'S, Can someone Explain to me in Layman's Terms if this will work without me having to call Comcast In the Philippines and getting all Upset, And, just what I have to do if I go to the Expense of Switching over to APPLE and an AirPort Extreme Router. Sorry if I have forgotten anything, but I am not sure how much longer I can deal with DELL. My wife has No Intention of switching anything with her system until it Fails, and does not want to go away from the Hard Wired Set up. Any Help is Appreciated. Thank You So Much. Ken Davis. By The Way, my Family all has I Phones and I Pads...
- Asked by Ken D from San Jose
- 03 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the AirPort Extreme Compatable with a Comcast Modem/Router)
I have the AT&T Uverse with their modem installed, would switching theirs for the Extreme work or no?
I heard that this works best with other companies who don't offer modems.
- Asked by Luis I from Inglewood
- 10 28, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (I have the AT&T Uverse with their modem installed, would switching theirs for the Extreme work or no?)
Can Airport Extreme be used with a combination modem/router?
If so, how would be hooked up?
- Asked by Gerald G from Gold Canyon
- 07 23, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Airport Extreme be used with a combination modem/router?)
The modem provided by my internet provider also serves as a wireless router. How will the AirPort Extreme work in this situation? Is it redundant?
I do not understand how the Airport Extreme works when I already have a wi-fi network. What is the difference between the AirPort Express and the Airport Extreme?
Is the new airport extreme compatible with the ViaSat modems used by Exede?
I have two older airport extremes - 6yrs and 8-9 yrs old. Neither is working well with the ViaSat.
- Asked by Jeffrey B from Mount Desert
- 04 8, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the new airport extreme compatible with the ViaSat modems used by Exede?)
do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work
I'm thinking of buying a airport express to wirelessly stream music to my speakers but i was wondering if you need to have the airport extreme as well to make it work. thanks
- Asked by James H from Nedlands
- 04 15, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
I have a Cisco DPI Gateway (modem/router) and want to connect an external HD for wireless back-up. COX disabled the USB port; will Extreme help solve?
- Asked by Brady B from Santa Barbara
- 09 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Cisco DPI Gateway (modem/router) and want to connect an external HD for wireless back-up. COX disabled the USB port; will Extreme help solve?)
Will it work with AT&T's U-verse router/modem tower?
I haven't been able to set up my current Lynksys router with it and would definitely buy this if it can override ATT's router.
- Asked by Robert A from Atlanta
- 06 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with AT&T's U-verse router/modem tower?)
Can the new Airport Extreme be used as a universal repeater or a network extender?
My current modem/router - Cisco DPC3925 - provides a very limited WiFi range. The current router resides on the ground floor, I want the wireless coverage to extend up to the second and third floor.
Would I be able to use the Airport Extreme as a repeater for my main router and extend my wireless coverage?
If yes, does the Airport Extreme provides a good wireless coverage?
- Asked by Sze Kiat N
- 06 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the new Airport Extreme be used as a universal repeater or a network extender?)
I have a U-verse router/WiFi providing Internet access and WiFi. If I add an AirPort Extreme to this setup, will it connect wirelessly to my modem?
Do I need to connect the AirPort Extreme to the Internet router via a wire, or will it configure itself with the U-verse modem wirelessly? Ideally, I'd like the Airport to run a separate subnet for printers, etc, while enabling Internet access via the Internet modem/router. Feasible?
- Asked by Philippe P from Berkeley
- 06 19, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a U-verse router/WiFi providing Internet access and WiFi. If I add an AirPort Extreme to this setup, will it connect wirelessly to my modem?)
virgin media superhub with imac and airport extreme
Has anyone connected their virgin media superhub (in modem mode) to both the imac and airport extreme if so how well does it work. Also can you bypass the virgin media superhub altogether??
- Asked by Geoffrey L
- 01 17, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (virgin media superhub with imac and airport extreme)
I want to buy two of the new Airport Extremes and connect one to my cable modem and the other to extend my network. Will this work & how do I do it?
I want to use one as the main router and the other as an extender. If this is possible please tell me how to do this.
Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?
I need to replace my old AirPort Extreme but still use Snow Leopard on my MacBook.
- Asked by Marcelle D S from Boerne
- 11 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?)
Would the air port extreme ac version work on the virgin super hub 2 via modem mode.
Virgin Media, Modem Mode
- Asked by Isaan F
- 10 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Would the air port extreme ac version work on the virgin super hub 2 via modem mode.)
Currently leasing a cable/wifi combo from COMCAST. It stinks. Buying a new Modem. Is the Airport Ext. that much better than say a $20 TP-LINK router?
I can get both a new Cable Modem and the TP-Link Wi-Fi for $106. Wondering if the AirPort Extreme is worth it. I really want great RANGE and speed. Have a 2200 sq ft colonial and want great service on second floor. I get COMCAST Blast internet service.
I am sure it is a great investment, just wondering if it is worth the heftier price tag? Thanks!