Similar questions from the community
Airport Extreme with Wifi Broadband Stick
Currently, I am using a wifi stick attached to my router with USB (for 3G) to share my unlimited internet to all my device. I would like to know if I can extend or improve my connection by using Airport Extreme, aside from the features already mentioned e.g. HD sharing, printer sharing etc.
- Asked by Eric P from Beverly Hills
- 06 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport Extreme with Wifi Broadband Stick)
Can you connect and airport express to an Airport Extreme as a WiFi Extender?
- Asked by Daniel S from Laguna Beach
- 01 24, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect and airport express to an Airport Extreme as a WiFi Extender?)
Does the AirPort Extreme have to be connect to a modem to give off wifi.
- Asked by Fedjanhy F from Brooklyn
- 07 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Extreme have to be connect to a modem to give off wifi.)
How is the Airport Extreme more secure than other routers?
I have a neighbor who is a determined wi-fi hacker who has been able to hack into my network no matter how difficult the passwords. Can I turn down the power on the extreme so his signal is weak? What features on this unit will help me thwart his efforts? I've already turned off WPS on my current router, UPnP and all that other stuff. I know MAC filtering is useless as is hiding the SSID. What can I do to make the router secure?
- Asked by Karen E from Santa Rosa
- 06 2, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (How is the Airport Extreme more secure than other routers?)
Does Airport Extreme work with Time Capsule?
At present I have a Time Capsule next to my router and an Airport Express elsewhere in the house to extend the range. However I still have areas where I cannot receive WiFi. If I replace the Express with an Extreme will I get a better and more far reaching signal? Or should I just buy another Express?
- Asked by Margaret S from Tiverton
- 08 31, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Extreme work with Time Capsule?)
What is the difference between the Refurbished AirPort Extreme Base Station and the new Airport Extreme?
I am currently using and have been using the AirPort Extreme Base Station for about two years now and although its been exceptional, the internet at times is painfully slow. However I live in a house with eight brothers and sisters who all have multiple wifi enabled devices so it makes sense why its slow at times. Im just curious if this new Airport Extreme will make a difference.
- Asked by K.c. P from Jacksonville
- 06 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between the Refurbished AirPort Extreme Base Station and the new Airport Extreme?)
If I attach the Airport Extreme to my existing UVerse modem and use the Airport Extreme for WiFI will I acheive faster speeds from it than the Uverse?
I have an existing UVerse modem. Can I attach the Airport Extreme to it to use for WIFi and achieve faster speeds from it than I currently get from the UVerse WiFi?
Can the Airport Extreme be used as a switch when connected to a Time Capsule or another Airport Extreme? Also, would this setup improve my WiFi range?
Can other people on my WiFi network access the documents on the hard drive attached to my AirPort Extreme?
If I was to attach a hard drive to my AirPort Extreme, would anyone connected to my WiFi be able to access the documents I store on there? Or must I give guests permission to access these documents? Furthermore, can I assign a password for accessing the hard drive (separate to one for joining the WiFi network)?
- Asked by Isaac G from Maitland
- 12 17, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can other people on my WiFi network access the documents on the hard drive attached to my AirPort Extreme?)
Can the Airport Extreme be used to extend my Wi-Fi signal, from my Netgear Extender?
I'm getting a new iMac to replace my old one. I've been using a Netgear Extender to strengthen my wi-fi connection, but the NBN modem is downstairs whereas my iMac / game consoles / etc are upstairs. The strength is terrible on most days, and cuts out often: I only use one device at a time, and I don't even dare to live-stream games or anything like that. The current wi-fi strength is that problematic.
With the Airport Extreme, can it extend or bridge the Netgear Extender: or can I replace the Netgear entirely with the Airport?
Assuming that I can do either, will the initial set-up need an ethernet cable: and once set-up is complete, can I then disconnect the ethernet and use Airport as a wireless router?
- Asked by Nadine M from Parap
- 12 3, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Extreme be used to extend my Wi-Fi signal, from my Netgear Extender?)
How do I do a password reset for airport extreme routers - specifically the WIFI network I have established for this router
Will the AirPort Extreme or other apple wifi device work with TDS internet?
TDS uses bonded internet so most routers on the market will not work, which is why we rent one from TDS. Thanks
- Asked by Kevin A from Kingsland
- 12 6, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the AirPort Extreme or other apple wifi device work with TDS internet?)
would the airport extreme replace a lynksys router
We live in an apartment that is 180 square meters, and currently re using a lynksys router. I was reading about the Airport Extreme and was wondering if I can replace the router. Currently the signal comes and goes and it is difficult in certain areas of the apartment
We have an ethernet connection with the internet supplier at 25 mg speed. How will this product improve what we already have?
- Asked by Victoria C from Miami
- 04 29, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (would the airport extreme replace a lynksys router)
do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work
I'm thinking of buying a airport express to wirelessly stream music to my speakers but i was wondering if you need to have the airport extreme as well to make it work. thanks
- Asked by James H from Nedlands
- 04 15, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Does Airport Extreme support VLAN tagging?
I have Centurylink gigabit internet (Seattle) that requires a router that support VLAN tagging. I want to replace my CL router with an AP Extreme. Does the Airport Extreme support VLAN tagging (VID=201).
- Asked by Mark L from Seattle
- 01 12, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Extreme support VLAN tagging?)
does air port extreme support wi-fi protected setup?
I'm trying to sync my sony smart dvd with Apple Airport extreme.
- Asked by Linda L from Bettendorf
- 01 16, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (does air port extreme support wi-fi protected setup?)