Similar questions from the community
can you back up more than one mac on an aurpot extreme
airport extreme for back up---more than one computer?
- Asked by Wm H from New York
- 10 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can you back up more than one mac on an aurpot extreme)
Can I have 2 time capsules set up to work independently backing up one iMac? ...and have the old one boost the wireless signal?
Old Airport Extreme and New Airport Time Capsule
- Asked by Benjamin S from Beaumont
- 11 11, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I have 2 time capsules set up to work independently backing up one iMac? ...and have the old one boost the wireless signal?)
How can I manage the wired connection on the AirPort Extreme?
I use both wireless and wired connection on my AirPort Extreme. The wireless connections work great. But when my Dell computer that is wired to the AirPort Extreme hibernates, it loses its connection to the internet. It remains connected to the AirPort Extreme, but loses the connection to the internet on the wired connection (back to the cable modelm). At this point the only solution seems to be to restart the Dell computer, which takes forever. Any wireless connection remains fine. Trouble is this Dell computer is reasonably fast on wired connection and fairly slow on wireless connection, or I'd just switch it to wireless connection too. Any ideas?
- Asked by Gary T from Sugar Land
- 03 25, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I manage the wired connection on the AirPort Extreme?)
How do I set up Airport Extreme as BOTH a Switch AND Wireless Access Point?
My Comcast Modem is a Motorola SBG6580 which is a combination modem/router. I have a password protected LAN connecting both wired and wireless devices. In my office I want to install an Airport Extreme connected to the Motorola with a CAT 6 cable, and then cable-connect my iMAC to the Airport Extreme, AND use the Wireless capability of the Apple Extreme to connect iPhone and IPad.
The Apple Extreme would function as a switch for the connecting the iMAC to the LAN, and as an Access Point for the wireless devices. Can this be done? How do I navigate the setup choices?
- Asked by William H H from San Francisco
- 11 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I set up Airport Extreme as BOTH a Switch AND Wireless Access Point?)
Is the AirPort Extreme Compatable with a Comcast Modem/Router
Please Hang with me here, I am NOT an Apple User as of "YET", and not really great at Computer Language. That said, here goes.
1). I own a 2 year old DELL Laptop, (Don't Like It at all)! its Slow, has 4 Gigs of RAM and a 2.16 Gighrtz Processor. I am Looking to go with an Apple Laptop.
2). We have Comcast Internet Service Wireless Router Modem that is 150MB Download and 12MB Upload. It is there Latest Modem and was replaced 2 weeks ago. I use my Laptop Hardwired to the Modem with an Ethernet Cable, My Wife has a Dell Desktop that is Hard Wired also, if I switch to wireless "IE" Unplug the Ethernet Cable, I can go to Starbucks and get a cup of coffee and come back and the Page "MIGHT BE" Loaded. Wired, it aint much faster!
So, I have talked to some friends that have apple Computer Laptops and swear by them. What I don't know is, are they Wireless "ONLY"? How do I use my Printer that has a USB Cable attached (Not Wireless)?
3). If I buy an Apple Laptop Computer, And, want to use it at its FASTEST / BEST Speeds and Capabilities, can I purchase the AirPort Extreme, and use it with or Attached to the Comcast Modem to get better Distance and more reliable Internet service? We Stream Netflix, VuDu, Pandora, and such regularly. Our TV Is an older Plasma Unit from 2003 and we have DIRECT TV with the Wireless GENIE'S, Can someone Explain to me in Layman's Terms if this will work without me having to call Comcast In the Philippines and getting all Upset, And, just what I have to do if I go to the Expense of Switching over to APPLE and an AirPort Extreme Router. Sorry if I have forgotten anything, but I am not sure how much longer I can deal with DELL. My wife has No Intention of switching anything with her system until it Fails, and does not want to go away from the Hard Wired Set up. Any Help is Appreciated. Thank You So Much. Ken Davis. By The Way, my Family all has I Phones and I Pads...
- Asked by Ken D from San Jose
- 03 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the AirPort Extreme Compatable with a Comcast Modem/Router)
I am about to move into a long (front to back) home with two floors. I want the WiFi to be as strong upstairs as down.
Will the AirPort extreme do a good job of throwing the signal up/down? Should I put it upstairs or down?
- Asked by Mark J from Killeen
- 09 14, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (I am about to move into a long (front to back) home with two floors. I want the WiFi to be as strong upstairs as down.)
Can AirPort Extreme back up a USB attached disk (storage) to a second USB attached disk (backup) using Time Machine?
I'm running Mavericks Server on a MacBook Pro and an older AirPort Extreme. Before purchasing the latest AirPort (for the purpose of networked backups) I want to confirm this is possible.
- Asked by Emily B from San Diego
- 02 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPort Extreme back up a USB attached disk (storage) to a second USB attached disk (backup) using Time Machine?)
If I have a 2007 Macbook, 2008 iMac, 2010 Mac Mini and 2012 Macbook Pro, would they be able to use the new Airport Extreme (802.11ac)?
- Asked by Coleridge S from Fpo
- 05 29, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (If I have a 2007 Macbook, 2008 iMac, 2010 Mac Mini and 2012 Macbook Pro, would they be able to use the new Airport Extreme (802.11ac)?)
how large of an area does it cover, I need coverage for a 6000 sq. ft. house
- Asked by Roseann F from Austin
- 01 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (how large of an area does it cover, I need coverage for a 6000 sq. ft. house)
will it work with PCS and Macs combined
- Asked by Jay H from Bethel
- 06 5, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work with PCS and Macs combined)
what is the difference between the airport express and the airport extreme?
- Asked by Spencer M from Oklahoma City
- 12 5, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between the airport express and the airport extreme?)
how to bridge airport express with airport extreme
- Asked by Eric B from Seneca
- 07 28, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (how to bridge airport express with airport extreme)
can I play music on the airport extreme?
I have an airport extreme, can I use airplay, to play my music?
- Asked by Daissy F from Corte Madera
- 02 3, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (can I play music on the airport extreme?)
No answers yet
What is the coverage range for the AirPort Extreme?
Asus RT-N66U advertises a range of 450ft. What is AirPort Extreme?
- Asked by Daniel Y from Los Angeles
- 06 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the coverage range for the AirPort Extreme?)
Can I administer my AirPort Extreme remotely?
I just purchased an AirPort Extreme tower for a second home. I set it up and it is working fine. Now I'd like to adjust some of the settings remotely. Is there a way to do this using the AirPort Utility?
- Asked by Jason P from Park City
- 12 31, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I administer my AirPort Extreme remotely?)
No answers yet
RF Exposure of AirPort Extreme?
Please provide all RF Exposure info on the airport extreme thanks. I own one and am wanting to view this info. This info is not at the Legal RF Exposure area on apple.com. Thanks.
- Asked by David F from Broken Arrow
- 01 12, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (RF Exposure of AirPort Extreme?)
No answers yet
How is the Airport Extreme more secure than other routers?
I have a neighbor who is a determined wi-fi hacker who has been able to hack into my network no matter how difficult the passwords. Can I turn down the power on the extreme so his signal is weak? What features on this unit will help me thwart his efforts? I've already turned off WPS on my current router, UPnP and all that other stuff. I know MAC filtering is useless as is hiding the SSID. What can I do to make the router secure?
- Asked by Karen E from Santa Rosa
- 06 2, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (How is the Airport Extreme more secure than other routers?)