Similar questions from the community
What modem can I buy to use with Airport Extreme router
- Asked by Elizabeth M from San Francisco
- 06 15, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What modem can I buy to use with Airport Extreme router)
Recomendations for a cable modem
Are there any recommendations for the best cable modem to use with Airport Extreme
- Asked by Cindy B from Lexington
- 04 7, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Recomendations for a cable modem)
Is the AirPort Extreme Compatable with a Comcast Modem/Router
Please Hang with me here, I am NOT an Apple User as of "YET", and not really great at Computer Language. That said, here goes.
1). I own a 2 year old DELL Laptop, (Don't Like It at all)! its Slow, has 4 Gigs of RAM and a 2.16 Gighrtz Processor. I am Looking to go with an Apple Laptop.
2). We have Comcast Internet Service Wireless Router Modem that is 150MB Download and 12MB Upload. It is there Latest Modem and was replaced 2 weeks ago. I use my Laptop Hardwired to the Modem with an Ethernet Cable, My Wife has a Dell Desktop that is Hard Wired also, if I switch to wireless "IE" Unplug the Ethernet Cable, I can go to Starbucks and get a cup of coffee and come back and the Page "MIGHT BE" Loaded. Wired, it aint much faster!
So, I have talked to some friends that have apple Computer Laptops and swear by them. What I don't know is, are they Wireless "ONLY"? How do I use my Printer that has a USB Cable attached (Not Wireless)?
3). If I buy an Apple Laptop Computer, And, want to use it at its FASTEST / BEST Speeds and Capabilities, can I purchase the AirPort Extreme, and use it with or Attached to the Comcast Modem to get better Distance and more reliable Internet service? We Stream Netflix, VuDu, Pandora, and such regularly. Our TV Is an older Plasma Unit from 2003 and we have DIRECT TV with the Wireless GENIE'S, Can someone Explain to me in Layman's Terms if this will work without me having to call Comcast In the Philippines and getting all Upset, And, just what I have to do if I go to the Expense of Switching over to APPLE and an AirPort Extreme Router. Sorry if I have forgotten anything, but I am not sure how much longer I can deal with DELL. My wife has No Intention of switching anything with her system until it Fails, and does not want to go away from the Hard Wired Set up. Any Help is Appreciated. Thank You So Much. Ken Davis. By The Way, my Family all has I Phones and I Pads...
- Asked by Ken D from San Jose
- 03 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the AirPort Extreme Compatable with a Comcast Modem/Router)
Does the AirPort Extreme have to be connect to a modem to give off wifi.
- Asked by Fedjanhy F from Brooklyn
- 07 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Extreme have to be connect to a modem to give off wifi.)
Can you use the AirPort Extreme with a modem and router all in one
- Asked by Judy B from Youngsville
- 04 8, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the AirPort Extreme with a modem and router all in one)
Can Airport Extreme be used with a combination modem/router?
If so, how would be hooked up?
- Asked by Gerald G from Gold Canyon
- 07 23, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Airport Extreme be used with a combination modem/router?)
can i use airport extreme with vivid wireless lte modem
- Asked by Frank P from Sydney
- 06 11, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use airport extreme with vivid wireless lte modem)
Can a point to point connection be made with AirPort Express or Airport Extreme modems?
Can you make a point to point connection using airport modems either an Express to Express, Extreme to Extreme or Express to Extreme modems to make a VPN connection without additional software just modem configuration?
- Asked by Ronnie R from Katy
- 01 13, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a point to point connection be made with AirPort Express or Airport Extreme modems?)
how large of an area does it cover, I need coverage for a 6000 sq. ft. house
- Asked by Roseann F from Austin
- 01 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (how large of an area does it cover, I need coverage for a 6000 sq. ft. house)
I have a U-verse router/WiFi providing Internet access and WiFi. If I add an AirPort Extreme to this setup, will it connect wirelessly to my modem?
Do I need to connect the AirPort Extreme to the Internet router via a wire, or will it configure itself with the U-verse modem wirelessly? Ideally, I'd like the Airport to run a separate subnet for printers, etc, while enabling Internet access via the Internet modem/router. Feasible?
- Asked by Philippe P from Berkeley
- 06 19, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a U-verse router/WiFi providing Internet access and WiFi. If I add an AirPort Extreme to this setup, will it connect wirelessly to my modem?)
Is the new airport extreme compatible with the ViaSat modems used by Exede?
I have two older airport extremes - 6yrs and 8-9 yrs old. Neither is working well with the ViaSat.
- Asked by Jeffrey B from Mount Desert
- 04 8, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the new airport extreme compatible with the ViaSat modems used by Exede?)
do you need to pay monthly for an airport extreme
I usually pay monthly for version but if i get airport extreme do i still pay monthly?
- Asked by Sabahet A from Staten Island
- 12 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need to pay monthly for an airport extreme)
If I attach the Airport Extreme to my existing UVerse modem and use the Airport Extreme for WiFI will I acheive faster speeds from it than the Uverse?
I have an existing UVerse modem. Can I attach the Airport Extreme to it to use for WIFi and achieve faster speeds from it than I currently get from the UVerse WiFi?
do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work
I'm thinking of buying a airport express to wirelessly stream music to my speakers but i was wondering if you need to have the airport extreme as well to make it work. thanks
- Asked by James H from Nedlands
- 04 15, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Is there an option to get internet from another WIFI device (as a cable modem) instead of connecting the modem via Ethernet to the Airport Extreme?
I would like to use an airport extreme and get the internet connection from another router via WIFI instead of connecting it to the ethernet port, in other routers this option is called WISP. Is there this kind of functionality in the airport?
- Asked by Luis M from San Lorenzo
- 06 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an option to get internet from another WIFI device (as a cable modem) instead of connecting the modem via Ethernet to the Airport Extreme?)
The modem provided by my internet provider also serves as a wireless router. How will the AirPort Extreme work in this situation? Is it redundant?
I do not understand how the Airport Extreme works when I already have a wi-fi network. What is the difference between the AirPort Express and the Airport Extreme?
Can the Airport Extreme be used to extend my Wi-Fi signal, from my Netgear Extender?
I'm getting a new iMac to replace my old one. I've been using a Netgear Extender to strengthen my wi-fi connection, but the NBN modem is downstairs whereas my iMac / game consoles / etc are upstairs. The strength is terrible on most days, and cuts out often: I only use one device at a time, and I don't even dare to live-stream games or anything like that. The current wi-fi strength is that problematic.
With the Airport Extreme, can it extend or bridge the Netgear Extender: or can I replace the Netgear entirely with the Airport?
Assuming that I can do either, will the initial set-up need an ethernet cable: and once set-up is complete, can I then disconnect the ethernet and use Airport as a wireless router?
- Asked by Nadine M from Parap
- 12 3, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Extreme be used to extend my Wi-Fi signal, from my Netgear Extender?)