Similar questions from the community
Do I need any other accessories to connect airport extreme? Cables?
- Asked by Bernadette S from Westerose
- 09 1, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need any other accessories to connect airport extreme? Cables?)
CAN THE AIRPORT EXTREME BE USED AS A BRIDGE FOR 3 WIRED DEVICES
I need to connect 3 credit card terminals that connect with cat5 cable to a wireless router that is 100 feet across a room. Will the Extreme act as a bridge for the connection?
- Asked by J Creighton D from Baton Rouge
- 08 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (CAN THE AIRPORT EXTREME BE USED AS A BRIDGE FOR 3 WIRED DEVICES)
What cable do i need to hook up airport extreme to apple tv?
- Asked by Jessi G from Colorado Springs
- 03 11, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do i need to hook up airport extreme to apple tv?)
How can I manage the wired connection on the AirPort Extreme?
I use both wireless and wired connection on my AirPort Extreme. The wireless connections work great. But when my Dell computer that is wired to the AirPort Extreme hibernates, it loses its connection to the internet. It remains connected to the AirPort Extreme, but loses the connection to the internet on the wired connection (back to the cable modelm). At this point the only solution seems to be to restart the Dell computer, which takes forever. Any wireless connection remains fine. Trouble is this Dell computer is reasonably fast on wired connection and fairly slow on wireless connection, or I'd just switch it to wireless connection too. Any ideas?
- Asked by Gary T from Sugar Land
- 03 25, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I manage the wired connection on the AirPort Extreme?)
Do you need to keep your Mac connected to Airport Extreme to work?. Can you use the same Mac wirelessly and not have to keep it wired to the extreme?
If I use a network cable to connect an Airport Express to the LAN port of the Airport Extreme will they be on the same WiFi network?
I want to have two areas of my house be on the same WiFi network, but they are probably too far apart to just extend the WiFi network wirelessly. I want to run a network cable from the Extreme to an Express. Does this work? Would they be on the same network or would I need to set them up as two different networks with different names?
- Asked by Damian L from Toronto
- 10 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (If I use a network cable to connect an Airport Express to the LAN port of the Airport Extreme will they be on the same WiFi network?)
Can the AirPort Extreme be used as a WAP or will it only route?
I need to use this in a business environment where it needs to connect to servers on a particular network. The new MacBook Pro does not have an Ethernet NIC built in so I need to buy the USB NIC or WAP.
- Asked by Jason S from Garden Grove
- 08 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the AirPort Extreme be used as a WAP or will it only route?)
Can the AirPort Extreme connect to AOL broadband?
I have AOL broadband and would be interested in upgrading my existing wireless router, but I want to know if the AirPort Extreme is compatible with AOL (now TISCALI).
- Asked by Robin R
- 06 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the AirPort Extreme connect to AOL broadband?)
Can i use airport extreme with my Sony 4K media player?
i bought a sony 4K media player but i don't have enough port to connect since i have the old airport express,can i use this new airport extreme with my 4K media player now?If so,what connectors/cables do i need?
- Asked by Felipe B from Newark
- 06 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use airport extreme with my Sony 4K media player?)
Can I use multiple airport extremes to improve connectivity in a house?
I live in a 70 year old townhouse that is constructed of poured concrete. We currently have our cable modem and (older than 5 year) airport extreme router in the basement with our computers. The signal strength to the main floor is weak, even with a booster. The signal strength on the top floor is terrible. Can I improve wireless reception throughout the house if I upgrade the basement router to a new airport extreme and also install airport extreme routers on the main and top floors as signal boosters? Can I leave the cable modem in the basement or should I move it to the first floor where there is a cable connection? Is there a better solution to improve wireless connectivity in this home situation?
- Asked by Steven P from Chicago
- 02 15, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use multiple airport extremes to improve connectivity in a house?)
Can the Airport Extreme be used to extend my Wi-Fi signal, from my Netgear Extender?
I'm getting a new iMac to replace my old one. I've been using a Netgear Extender to strengthen my wi-fi connection, but the NBN modem is downstairs whereas my iMac / game consoles / etc are upstairs. The strength is terrible on most days, and cuts out often: I only use one device at a time, and I don't even dare to live-stream games or anything like that. The current wi-fi strength is that problematic.
With the Airport Extreme, can it extend or bridge the Netgear Extender: or can I replace the Netgear entirely with the Airport?
Assuming that I can do either, will the initial set-up need an ethernet cable: and once set-up is complete, can I then disconnect the ethernet and use Airport as a wireless router?
- Asked by Nadine M from Parap
- 12 3, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Extreme be used to extend my Wi-Fi signal, from my Netgear Extender?)
How do I set up Airport Extreme as BOTH a Switch AND Wireless Access Point?
My Comcast Modem is a Motorola SBG6580 which is a combination modem/router. I have a password protected LAN connecting both wired and wireless devices. In my office I want to install an Airport Extreme connected to the Motorola with a CAT 6 cable, and then cable-connect my iMAC to the Airport Extreme, AND use the Wireless capability of the Apple Extreme to connect iPhone and IPad.
The Apple Extreme would function as a switch for the connecting the iMAC to the LAN, and as an Access Point for the wireless devices. Can this be done? How do I navigate the setup choices?
- Asked by William H H from San Francisco
- 11 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I set up Airport Extreme as BOTH a Switch AND Wireless Access Point?)
Will I be able to connect AirPort Extreme to my 2008 MacBook?
The highest OS X I could get is 10.7.5 if this is relevant to say...
- Asked by Karissa G from Boise
- 08 31, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I be able to connect AirPort Extreme to my 2008 MacBook?)
how large of an area does it cover, I need coverage for a 6000 sq. ft. house
- Asked by Roseann F from Austin
- 01 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (how large of an area does it cover, I need coverage for a 6000 sq. ft. house)
Are discounts available for Veterans?
need Airport Extreme for USB to USB connection from Extreme to external Hard drive.
- Asked by C. Elliott A from Mcminnville
- 08 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Are discounts available for Veterans?)
No answers yet
How many MAC addresses can be added to the ACL list of the Airport Extreme?
I have many devices, most of which are not connected simultaneously, and I only want to allow these devices to connect to the network. I currently have an older Cisco WIFI router that needs to be replaced.
- Asked by Stephen S from Germantown
- 06 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How many MAC addresses can be added to the ACL list of the Airport Extreme?)
Does the current Airport Extreme provide DNLA support
I want to connect an external drive to the Airport extreme and be able to host music and videos that can be access from my apple TV or any computer on my home network. I would like it to appear as a DNLA server to the network.
- Asked by Bruce S from Londonderry
- 04 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the current Airport Extreme provide DNLA support)