Similar questions from the community
Will the AirPort Extreme or other apple wifi device work with TDS internet?
TDS uses bonded internet so most routers on the market will not work, which is why we rent one from TDS. Thanks
- Asked by Kevin A from Kingsland
- 12 6, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the AirPort Extreme or other apple wifi device work with TDS internet?)
Airport Extreme with Wifi Broadband Stick
Currently, I am using a wifi stick attached to my router with USB (for 3G) to share my unlimited internet to all my device. I would like to know if I can extend or improve my connection by using Airport Extreme, aside from the features already mentioned e.g. HD sharing, printer sharing etc.
- Asked by Eric P from Beverly Hills
- 06 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport Extreme with Wifi Broadband Stick)
Is there an option to get internet from another WIFI device (as a cable modem) instead of connecting the modem via Ethernet to the Airport Extreme?
I would like to use an airport extreme and get the internet connection from another router via WIFI instead of connecting it to the ethernet port, in other routers this option is called WISP. Is there this kind of functionality in the airport?
- Asked by Luis M from San Lorenzo
- 06 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an option to get internet from another WIFI device (as a cable modem) instead of connecting the modem via Ethernet to the Airport Extreme?)
The modem provided by my internet provider also serves as a wireless router. How will the AirPort Extreme work in this situation? Is it redundant?
I do not understand how the Airport Extreme works when I already have a wi-fi network. What is the difference between the AirPort Express and the Airport Extreme?
Does Airport Express or Airport Extreme Time Capsule allow me to use iTunes HomeSharing on my Apple TV without using an internet connection?
The Reason I ask is because I am using Home Sharing over my Wi-Fi and it is extremely slow to upload a movie and I am not sure if it uses up my data?
- Asked by Cameron Kyle S from Johannesburg
- 11 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Express or Airport Extreme Time Capsule allow me to use iTunes HomeSharing on my Apple TV without using an internet connection?)
What is the difference between the Refurbished AirPort Extreme Base Station and the new Airport Extreme?
I am currently using and have been using the AirPort Extreme Base Station for about two years now and although its been exceptional, the internet at times is painfully slow. However I live in a house with eight brothers and sisters who all have multiple wifi enabled devices so it makes sense why its slow at times. Im just curious if this new Airport Extreme will make a difference.
- Asked by K.c. P from Jacksonville
- 06 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between the Refurbished AirPort Extreme Base Station and the new Airport Extreme?)
does the airport extreme support media DLNA
I have Samsung entertainment devices like a smart tv & smart dvd player.I guess my question is can the airport extreme work with a Samsung smart tv & smart dvd player with out using a apple tv ?
- Asked by Hebel R from Bronx
- 08 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (does the airport extreme support media DLNA)
Will the AirPort Extreme work with a cellular internet dongle?
Can I plug a 3G or LTE cellular wireless internet dongle (USB) into this router to share the internet connection with the local network; or does it require a hardwired ethernet source?
- Asked by Michael T from Bragg Creek
- 03 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the AirPort Extreme work with a cellular internet dongle?)
what is my 0r 4 8 digit pin on my airport extreme
our house is an Apple house, but daughter has a PC (Surface) for work.
Her computer keeps asking for a 4 or 8 digit pin to sign into our wifi network - Apple Aiport Extreme base station
- Asked by Cristina H from Dallas
- 09 23, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (what is my 0r 4 8 digit pin on my airport extreme)
Does Airport Extreme work with Time Capsule?
At present I have a Time Capsule next to my router and an Airport Express elsewhere in the house to extend the range. However I still have areas where I cannot receive WiFi. If I replace the Express with an Extreme will I get a better and more far reaching signal? Or should I just buy another Express?
- Asked by Margaret S from Tiverton
- 08 31, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Extreme work with Time Capsule?)
does air port extreme support wi-fi protected setup?
I'm trying to sync my sony smart dvd with Apple Airport extreme.
- Asked by Linda L from Bettendorf
- 01 16, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (does air port extreme support wi-fi protected setup?)
I have a U-verse router/WiFi providing Internet access and WiFi. If I add an AirPort Extreme to this setup, will it connect wirelessly to my modem?
Do I need to connect the AirPort Extreme to the Internet router via a wire, or will it configure itself with the U-verse modem wirelessly? Ideally, I'd like the Airport to run a separate subnet for printers, etc, while enabling Internet access via the Internet modem/router. Feasible?
- Asked by Philippe P from Berkeley
- 06 19, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a U-verse router/WiFi providing Internet access and WiFi. If I add an AirPort Extreme to this setup, will it connect wirelessly to my modem?)
How many MAC addresses can be added to the ACL list of the Airport Extreme?
I have many devices, most of which are not connected simultaneously, and I only want to allow these devices to connect to the network. I currently have an older Cisco WIFI router that needs to be replaced.
- Asked by Stephen S from Germantown
- 06 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How many MAC addresses can be added to the ACL list of the Airport Extreme?)
Is the AirPort Extreme Compatable with a Comcast Modem/Router
Please Hang with me here, I am NOT an Apple User as of "YET", and not really great at Computer Language. That said, here goes.
1). I own a 2 year old DELL Laptop, (Don't Like It at all)! its Slow, has 4 Gigs of RAM and a 2.16 Gighrtz Processor. I am Looking to go with an Apple Laptop.
2). We have Comcast Internet Service Wireless Router Modem that is 150MB Download and 12MB Upload. It is there Latest Modem and was replaced 2 weeks ago. I use my Laptop Hardwired to the Modem with an Ethernet Cable, My Wife has a Dell Desktop that is Hard Wired also, if I switch to wireless "IE" Unplug the Ethernet Cable, I can go to Starbucks and get a cup of coffee and come back and the Page "MIGHT BE" Loaded. Wired, it aint much faster!
So, I have talked to some friends that have apple Computer Laptops and swear by them. What I don't know is, are they Wireless "ONLY"? How do I use my Printer that has a USB Cable attached (Not Wireless)?
3). If I buy an Apple Laptop Computer, And, want to use it at its FASTEST / BEST Speeds and Capabilities, can I purchase the AirPort Extreme, and use it with or Attached to the Comcast Modem to get better Distance and more reliable Internet service? We Stream Netflix, VuDu, Pandora, and such regularly. Our TV Is an older Plasma Unit from 2003 and we have DIRECT TV with the Wireless GENIE'S, Can someone Explain to me in Layman's Terms if this will work without me having to call Comcast In the Philippines and getting all Upset, And, just what I have to do if I go to the Expense of Switching over to APPLE and an AirPort Extreme Router. Sorry if I have forgotten anything, but I am not sure how much longer I can deal with DELL. My wife has No Intention of switching anything with her system until it Fails, and does not want to go away from the Hard Wired Set up. Any Help is Appreciated. Thank You So Much. Ken Davis. By The Way, my Family all has I Phones and I Pads...
- Asked by Ken D from San Jose
- 03 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the AirPort Extreme Compatable with a Comcast Modem/Router)