Similar questions from the community
can i use airport extreme with vivid wireless lte modem
- Asked by Frank P from Sydney
- 06 11, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use airport extreme with vivid wireless lte modem)
Is the AirPort Extreme Compatable with a Comcast Modem/Router
Please Hang with me here, I am NOT an Apple User as of "YET", and not really great at Computer Language. That said, here goes.
1). I own a 2 year old DELL Laptop, (Don't Like It at all)! its Slow, has 4 Gigs of RAM and a 2.16 Gighrtz Processor. I am Looking to go with an Apple Laptop.
2). We have Comcast Internet Service Wireless Router Modem that is 150MB Download and 12MB Upload. It is there Latest Modem and was replaced 2 weeks ago. I use my Laptop Hardwired to the Modem with an Ethernet Cable, My Wife has a Dell Desktop that is Hard Wired also, if I switch to wireless "IE" Unplug the Ethernet Cable, I can go to Starbucks and get a cup of coffee and come back and the Page "MIGHT BE" Loaded. Wired, it aint much faster!
So, I have talked to some friends that have apple Computer Laptops and swear by them. What I don't know is, are they Wireless "ONLY"? How do I use my Printer that has a USB Cable attached (Not Wireless)?
3). If I buy an Apple Laptop Computer, And, want to use it at its FASTEST / BEST Speeds and Capabilities, can I purchase the AirPort Extreme, and use it with or Attached to the Comcast Modem to get better Distance and more reliable Internet service? We Stream Netflix, VuDu, Pandora, and such regularly. Our TV Is an older Plasma Unit from 2003 and we have DIRECT TV with the Wireless GENIE'S, Can someone Explain to me in Layman's Terms if this will work without me having to call Comcast In the Philippines and getting all Upset, And, just what I have to do if I go to the Expense of Switching over to APPLE and an AirPort Extreme Router. Sorry if I have forgotten anything, but I am not sure how much longer I can deal with DELL. My wife has No Intention of switching anything with her system until it Fails, and does not want to go away from the Hard Wired Set up. Any Help is Appreciated. Thank You So Much. Ken Davis. By The Way, my Family all has I Phones and I Pads...
- Asked by Ken D from San Jose
- 03 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the AirPort Extreme Compatable with a Comcast Modem/Router)
What is the best router to purchase and pair with an Airport Extreme? Comcast provides my internet
I have Comcast Blast internet with speeds north of 200 while plugged into the ethernet but wireless is rarely faster than 50. I am currently using the Airport Extreme as my router and the Netgear 6300 as my modem.
- Asked by Matthew R from Houston
- 02 14, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best router to purchase and pair with an Airport Extreme? Comcast provides my internet)
Can a point to point connection be made with AirPort Express or Airport Extreme modems?
Can you make a point to point connection using airport modems either an Express to Express, Extreme to Extreme or Express to Extreme modems to make a VPN connection without additional software just modem configuration?
- Asked by Ronnie R from Katy
- 01 13, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a point to point connection be made with AirPort Express or Airport Extreme modems?)
Will the AirPort Extreme work with a cellular internet dongle?
Can I plug a 3G or LTE cellular wireless internet dongle (USB) into this router to share the internet connection with the local network; or does it require a hardwired ethernet source?
- Asked by Michael T from Bragg Creek
- 03 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the AirPort Extreme work with a cellular internet dongle?)
The modem provided by my internet provider also serves as a wireless router. How will the AirPort Extreme work in this situation? Is it redundant?
I do not understand how the Airport Extreme works when I already have a wi-fi network. What is the difference between the AirPort Express and the Airport Extreme?
Is the new airport extreme compatible with the ViaSat modems used by Exede?
I have two older airport extremes - 6yrs and 8-9 yrs old. Neither is working well with the ViaSat.
- Asked by Jeffrey B from Mount Desert
- 04 8, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the new airport extreme compatible with the ViaSat modems used by Exede?)
How do I set up Airport Extreme as BOTH a Switch AND Wireless Access Point?
My Comcast Modem is a Motorola SBG6580 which is a combination modem/router. I have a password protected LAN connecting both wired and wireless devices. In my office I want to install an Airport Extreme connected to the Motorola with a CAT 6 cable, and then cable-connect my iMAC to the Airport Extreme, AND use the Wireless capability of the Apple Extreme to connect iPhone and IPad.
The Apple Extreme would function as a switch for the connecting the iMAC to the LAN, and as an Access Point for the wireless devices. Can this be done? How do I navigate the setup choices?
- Asked by William H H from San Francisco
- 11 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I set up Airport Extreme as BOTH a Switch AND Wireless Access Point?)
What modem can I buy to use with Airport Extreme router
- Asked by Elizabeth M from San Francisco
- 06 15, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What modem can I buy to use with Airport Extreme router)
Can you extend a Comcast wireless network with an AirPort Extreme?
- Asked by Richard D W from Livingston
- 02 11, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you extend a Comcast wireless network with an AirPort Extreme?)
Can the Airport Extreme extend my network to a building in sight?
I have a wireless system in a guest house I've used while my main home was under renovation. Now that it's done, I'd like to extend my Internet to the house. It's about 50 to 75 feet away and in line of sight. How do I best do this? I have Metrocast as a provider and use their provided modem, a Motorola Surfboard Wireless Cable Modem Gateway.
- Asked by Diane C from Irvington
- 01 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Extreme extend my network to a building in sight?)
Recomendations for a cable modem
Are there any recommendations for the best cable modem to use with Airport Extreme
- Asked by Cindy B from Lexington
- 04 7, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Recomendations for a cable modem)
Does the AirPort Extreme have to be connect to a modem to give off wifi.
- Asked by Fedjanhy F from Brooklyn
- 07 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Extreme have to be connect to a modem to give off wifi.)
Can you use the AirPort Extreme with a modem and router all in one
- Asked by Judy B from Youngsville
- 04 8, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the AirPort Extreme with a modem and router all in one)
Can Airport Extreme be used with a combination modem/router?
If so, how would be hooked up?
- Asked by Gerald G from Gold Canyon
- 07 23, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Airport Extreme be used with a combination modem/router?)
I want to buy two of the new Airport Extremes and connect one to my cable modem and the other to extend my network. Will this work & how do I do it?
I want to use one as the main router and the other as an extender. If this is possible please tell me how to do this.