Similar questions from the community
How is the Airport Extreme more secure than other routers?
I have a neighbor who is a determined wi-fi hacker who has been able to hack into my network no matter how difficult the passwords. Can I turn down the power on the extreme so his signal is weak? What features on this unit will help me thwart his efforts? I've already turned off WPS on my current router, UPnP and all that other stuff. I know MAC filtering is useless as is hiding the SSID. What can I do to make the router secure?
- Asked by Karen E from Santa Rosa
- 06 2, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (How is the Airport Extreme more secure than other routers?)
would the airport extreme replace a lynksys router
We live in an apartment that is 180 square meters, and currently re using a lynksys router. I was reading about the Airport Extreme and was wondering if I can replace the router. Currently the signal comes and goes and it is difficult in certain areas of the apartment
We have an ethernet connection with the internet supplier at 25 mg speed. How will this product improve what we already have?
- Asked by Victoria C from Miami
- 04 29, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (would the airport extreme replace a lynksys router)
Does the Airport Extreme router support ODE?
I have an ethernet device that converts from ethernet to DMX for a lighting system. The conversion box can be powered off ODE and want to know if I can use that with the Airport Extreme.
- Asked by John R from Chula Vista
- 11 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport Extreme router support ODE?)
No answers yet
What modem can I buy to use with Airport Extreme router
- Asked by Elizabeth M from San Francisco
- 06 15, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What modem can I buy to use with Airport Extreme router)
how do i set up Airport Extreme to achieve maximum range in my house?
Airport Extreme router
- Asked by Ronald L from Abbotsford
- 06 13, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i set up Airport Extreme to achieve maximum range in my house?)
Is the AirPort Extreme Compatable with a Comcast Modem/Router
Please Hang with me here, I am NOT an Apple User as of "YET", and not really great at Computer Language. That said, here goes.
1). I own a 2 year old DELL Laptop, (Don't Like It at all)! its Slow, has 4 Gigs of RAM and a 2.16 Gighrtz Processor. I am Looking to go with an Apple Laptop.
2). We have Comcast Internet Service Wireless Router Modem that is 150MB Download and 12MB Upload. It is there Latest Modem and was replaced 2 weeks ago. I use my Laptop Hardwired to the Modem with an Ethernet Cable, My Wife has a Dell Desktop that is Hard Wired also, if I switch to wireless "IE" Unplug the Ethernet Cable, I can go to Starbucks and get a cup of coffee and come back and the Page "MIGHT BE" Loaded. Wired, it aint much faster!
So, I have talked to some friends that have apple Computer Laptops and swear by them. What I don't know is, are they Wireless "ONLY"? How do I use my Printer that has a USB Cable attached (Not Wireless)?
3). If I buy an Apple Laptop Computer, And, want to use it at its FASTEST / BEST Speeds and Capabilities, can I purchase the AirPort Extreme, and use it with or Attached to the Comcast Modem to get better Distance and more reliable Internet service? We Stream Netflix, VuDu, Pandora, and such regularly. Our TV Is an older Plasma Unit from 2003 and we have DIRECT TV with the Wireless GENIE'S, Can someone Explain to me in Layman's Terms if this will work without me having to call Comcast In the Philippines and getting all Upset, And, just what I have to do if I go to the Expense of Switching over to APPLE and an AirPort Extreme Router. Sorry if I have forgotten anything, but I am not sure how much longer I can deal with DELL. My wife has No Intention of switching anything with her system until it Fails, and does not want to go away from the Hard Wired Set up. Any Help is Appreciated. Thank You So Much. Ken Davis. By The Way, my Family all has I Phones and I Pads...
- Asked by Ken D from San Jose
- 03 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the AirPort Extreme Compatable with a Comcast Modem/Router)
Can you use the AirPort Extreme with a modem and router all in one
- Asked by Judy B from Youngsville
- 04 8, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the AirPort Extreme with a modem and router all in one)
Can Airport Extreme be used with a combination modem/router?
If so, how would be hooked up?
- Asked by Gerald G from Gold Canyon
- 07 23, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Airport Extreme be used with a combination modem/router?)
Is the AirPort Extreme a valid router to use on an NBN Fibre connection?
- Asked by Brendan B from Enmore
- 11 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the AirPort Extreme a valid router to use on an NBN Fibre connection?)
How do I do a password reset for airport extreme routers - specifically the WIFI network I have established for this router
does the airport extreme support voip?
I have a NBN connection and voip phone but as I am having trouble with the voip on my billion router am looking for one that supports voip
- Asked by Elaine H from Taree
- 03 2, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (does the airport extreme support voip?)
Can I use a DLINK Security Camera with the AirPort Extreme ?
I currently use a DLink security camera 930DL with a DLink Router...
If I update to the AirPort Extreme Router, can I still use the DLink security Camera ???
- Asked by Lee K from Spring
- 08 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a DLINK Security Camera with the AirPort Extreme ?)
Does Airport Extreme support VLAN tagging?
I have Centurylink gigabit internet (Seattle) that requires a router that support VLAN tagging. I want to replace my CL router with an AP Extreme. Does the Airport Extreme support VLAN tagging (VID=201).
- Asked by Mark L from Seattle
- 01 12, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Extreme support VLAN tagging?)
Can the AirPort Extreme connect to AOL broadband?
I have AOL broadband and would be interested in upgrading my existing wireless router, but I want to know if the AirPort Extreme is compatible with AOL (now TISCALI).
- Asked by Robin R
- 06 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the AirPort Extreme connect to AOL broadband?)
What is the best router to purchase and pair with an Airport Extreme? Comcast provides my internet
I have Comcast Blast internet with speeds north of 200 while plugged into the ethernet but wireless is rarely faster than 50. I am currently using the Airport Extreme as my router and the Netgear 6300 as my modem.
- Asked by Matthew R from Houston
- 02 14, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best router to purchase and pair with an Airport Extreme? Comcast provides my internet)