Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can this adapter be used to connect a MacBook Pro circa 2012 to an HDMI?
- Asked by Wilma T from Boynton Beach
- 07 16, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used to connect a MacBook Pro circa 2012 to an HDMI?)
can you use all 3 connections at the same time? Like can you charge your computer, transfer data via USB and stream via the HDMI at the same time?
Can this be used in combination with an hdmi cable and an hdmi to thunderbolt adapter to power a Thunderbolt Display for MacBook?
- Asked by Maggie B from Philadelphia
- 12 18, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used in combination with an hdmi cable and an hdmi to thunderbolt adapter to power a Thunderbolt Display for MacBook?)
Can the USB-C ports on this be used interchangeably (reversed) and still provide full connectivity to the new Macbook?
I use and love my Rain Design mStand for ergonomic and thermal dissipation with my MBP. I have a dongle for the DisplayPort to hdmi for an external monitor. I have noticed that because of the mStand it seems to place vertical stress on the DisplayPort on the side of the MBP. The port bears the weight of the dongle and the cord that connects to it all day, every day.
I imagine this adapter was designed to have the single USB-C "tail" plug in to the port on the side of the MacBook and then have the various cords come out of the three ports on the opposite side to the various devices/power. I am wondering if it is possible to get a single USB-C cable that would run from the Macbook to the adapter and then have the adapter act as more of hub at the base of my external monitor. This setup would also improve cable management by keeping the clutter of three cables further away from where I would be connecting to the MacBook.
- Asked by Brian M from Bayside
- 03 11, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB-C ports on this be used interchangeably (reversed) and still provide full connectivity to the new Macbook?)
Can this be daisy chained to get multiple HDMI monitors?
I figure this is a competitor to the microsoft surface products. The surface pro 3 paired with its docking station produces two mini-display ports for two external monitors. Does the new macbook have the capability to daisy chain two of these dongles together to get two external monitors via HDMI/VGA?
- Asked by David S from Gainesville
- 03 10, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be daisy chained to get multiple HDMI monitors?)
Can i connect 2 screens with the adapter? I have 1 screen connected with a HDMI cable, is it possible to have 2 screens connected with the adapter?
Does this multiport supports HDMI-VGA adaptor?
I have recently buy a MacBook 12" and this multiport, because I will use it for my classes in the university.
Most of the projectors are VGA, so I bought a HDMI-VGA adapter as well.
I have tested it with 2 different projectors and the MacBook did not recognized them.
Then, I get from a collegue a generic USB-C/HDMI adapter, and the projector was recognized.
The tests I have performed are:
1. Apple Multiport + my HDMI-VGA adapter --> Not recognized
2. Apple Multiport + collegue's HDMI-VGA adapter --> Not recognized
3. Generic USB-C/HDMI + my HDMI-VGA adapter --> Recognized Ok
4. Generic USB-C/HDMI + collegue's HDMI-VGA adapter --> Recognized Ok
5. Apple Multiport --> Recognized Ok.
I really cannot believe that my MacBook works ok with a generic adapter and cannot work with Apple original adapter. Please, let me know how to proceed.
- Asked by Ana L from Buenos Aires
- 07 19, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this multiport supports HDMI-VGA adaptor?)
No answers yet
Webcam (HDMI) for facetime use, would this HDMI to USB Adapter work with an external camera (GoPro, Camcorder,etc) in conjunction with a facetime call
Webcam (HDMI feed from camera) for Facetime use:
-->would this HDMI to USB Adapter work with an external camera (GoPro, Camcorder,etc) in conjunction with a Facetime call, if i prefre to have an external movable camera on a Facetime call, versus using the built in imac or mac camera?
Is that a USB 3.0 or 2.0 port along with the HDMI and USB-C port on this?
It just says USB port in the description. I'm hoping it's a USB 3.0, as I could then make good use of this.
- Asked by Mark Z from Los Angeles
- 03 11, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is that a USB 3.0 or 2.0 port along with the HDMI and USB-C port on this?)
Can we use the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to connect USB peripherals like hubs, Ethernet adapters, audio/MIDI interfaces?
I used the lithgning to USB 3 camera adapter to connect audio interfaces/midi devices such Yamaha keyboards to the iPad Pro 9.7”. I would like to change to the new iPad Pro 11” and still be able to keep using my music apps with the keyboard
- Asked by Neftali A from Colon
- 10 31, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we use the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to connect USB peripherals like hubs, Ethernet adapters, audio/MIDI interfaces?)
Can this adapter be used with an Amazon Fire Stick? As in can I plug my fire stick in the HDMI port and access my television media?
Is it possible to connect , via an adapter or cable, directly to an DP or miniDP Monitor. Or must it be a HDMI connector at the Monitor ?