Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
How do you "mirror your MacBook display to your HDMI-enabled TV or display in up to 1080p HD" when 1080p HD is not a supported resolution?
- Asked by Stuart R from Clearview
- 03 11, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you "mirror your MacBook display to your HDMI-enabled TV or display in up to 1080p HD" when 1080p HD is not a supported resolution?)
Video output options are limited. See description.
As Apple offers this adapter for HDMI output, which is limited resolution, question one is can you then use a HDMI to DVI adapter to connect a DVI monitor? Secondly, the specs page says (in part) "Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 3840 by 2160 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors" and later "Native DisplayPort 1.2 video output" So that would support this resolution, at unknown refresh rate, but how? Will there be another forthcoming USB-C to mini DisplayPort adapter that could then be re-adapted to Dual-Link DVI or connected to a supported UHD display?
- Asked by Bradley D from Nesconset
- 03 13, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Video output options are limited. See description.)
Can it support a USB splitter?
Given that this is the only way to connect to the new macbook, can you connect a splitter to this adapter? For example, my iTunes library is on an external USB drive. if i wanted to sync my iPhone, without using wifi sync, can i connect the USB drive AND the iPhone to this adapter via a splitter? for me this is a key answer for whether I can buy the new macbook or not
- Asked by Richard H
- 03 29, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it support a USB splitter?)
No answers yet
Does the USB port pass through the DisplaPort signal?
USB-A to to DisplayPort adapter cables are now available, but the only thing standing in the way of using a mix of third-party solutions to connect the new USB-C Macbook to a DisplayPort external display is the lack of a splitter cable. In other words, you can connect to USB-A devices and DisplayPort-enabled displays from the single USB-C port, but you can't charge the laptop at the same time. If this accessory passes-through the DisplayPort signal to the USB-A port, then the Startech USB-A to DisplayPort adapter cable would enable simultaneous external display and charging.
- Asked by Garrison C from Fairbanks
- 02 24, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB port pass through the DisplaPort signal?)
Hi Apple, I'm wondering if this adapter will be able to output a resolution of 1900x1200? Or does it output either 1080p or 4K? Thanks in advance.
Can you daisy chain these for attaching multiple monitors ?
Can you daisy chain these to give 2 x HDMI out of the Macbook or is there a better way to achieve this i.e. connect 2 x HDMI external monitors to the Macbook for home office use ?
- Asked by Chris H from Bristol
- 09 1, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you daisy chain these for attaching multiple monitors ?)
If I use an HDMI to Thunderbolt cable or adapter with this adapter, will I be able to pass video/audio from the new Macbook to my Thunderbolt display?
- Asked by John G from East Greenwich
- 03 13, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (If I use an HDMI to Thunderbolt cable or adapter with this adapter, will I be able to pass video/audio from the new Macbook to my Thunderbolt display?)
Can I play dvd or gaming consoles using the USB-C digital multiport adapter
My question is on a 2018 MacBook Pro with 4 USB-c ports, using this said adapter can I use the HDMI port as an input for a dvd or gaming console ? Or is it only HDMI output for external display.
- Asked by Katishe W from Brisbane
- 01 20, 19
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play dvd or gaming consoles using the USB-C digital multiport adapter)
Can the video output be used to support a second monitor?
The product description notes that the multiport's video output allows "mirroring" but will it support a second desktop monitor?
- Asked by Benjamin B from New York
- 08 26, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the video output be used to support a second monitor?)
HDR Format support
I have such an adapter that I have bought a couple of years ago. When I try to watch a 4K movie I have rented on iTunes connecting my iPad Pro 11inch with the adapter I already have I receive the following message "This adapter doesn't support HDR. Try to stream the movie instead. YES - NO".
Is this a newer version of this adapter supporting HDR or not?
Will I be able to connect my iPad with this adapter and watch 4K HDR movies without the streaming it?
Thank you for your answer.
- Asked by Bora S from San Francisco
- 12 29, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (HDR Format support)
No answers yet
Does this support the use of dual external monitors using the USB-C plug to a compatible USB-C display as well as the HDMI output?
- Asked by Greg B from West Des Moines
- 08 7, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this support the use of dual external monitors using the USB-C plug to a compatible USB-C display as well as the HDMI output?)
What version of HDMI does this adapter support?
- Asked by Danny A from Hamilton
- 09 10, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (What version of HDMI does this adapter support?)
No answers yet
Does this adapter support 1440p@60Hz?
I have MBP 2016 and Dell U2515H 2K monitor. Does this adapter support 1440p @60 Hz via HDMI port? Or should i use displayports with other adapters?
- Asked by Uğur S
- 12 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support 1440p@60Hz?)
How does this cable work if you want to connect to a VGA projector for presentations? Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter won't work
Has anyone tried this adapter (or the similar VGA adapter) with an Android phone or tablet with USB-C connector?
I'd like to be able to have my Android phone being charged while having it connected to an external USB device that can't charge it (like an external disk or other peripheral). I realize that it's very unlikely that the video port could work, since that would require a specific driver in the phone/tablet, and I don't need that. But if this adapter could provide a standard USB port while allowing charging, that would be very useful.
- Asked by Michael G from Anaheim
- 04 5, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone tried this adapter (or the similar VGA adapter) with an Android phone or tablet with USB-C connector?)
will the USB port work with an external CD/DVD player
I have a Cocopa USB 3.0 External CD Drive, CD/DVD-RW Drive, CD-RW Rewriter Burner. It plugs into the USB port and the power lights up and the disc turns, but it does not appear in "Finder" . The player works fine plugging it into a USB port on an older Mac laptop.
- Asked by Scott D from Palm City
- 02 5, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (will the USB port work with an external CD/DVD player)
Can this hdmi extend in addition to mirroring?
The description here only says it can mirror. Most other hdmi adaptors from apple says it can both mirror and extend to the external display. Does it mean this adaptor can only mirror and not extend to an ext display?
- Asked by Brian H from New York
- 05 9, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this hdmi extend in addition to mirroring?)
No answers yet
Does this multiport supports HDMI-VGA adaptor?
I have recently buy a MacBook 12" and this multiport, because I will use it for my classes in the university.
Most of the projectors are VGA, so I bought a HDMI-VGA adapter as well.
I have tested it with 2 different projectors and the MacBook did not recognized them.
Then, I get from a collegue a generic USB-C/HDMI adapter, and the projector was recognized.
The tests I have performed are:
1. Apple Multiport + my HDMI-VGA adapter --> Not recognized
2. Apple Multiport + collegue's HDMI-VGA adapter --> Not recognized
3. Generic USB-C/HDMI + my HDMI-VGA adapter --> Recognized Ok
4. Generic USB-C/HDMI + collegue's HDMI-VGA adapter --> Recognized Ok
5. Apple Multiport --> Recognized Ok.
I really cannot believe that my MacBook works ok with a generic adapter and cannot work with Apple original adapter. Please, let me know how to proceed.
- Asked by Ana L from Buenos Aires
- 07 19, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this multiport supports HDMI-VGA adaptor?)
No answers yet
External CD/DVD Drive not working with Multiport Adaptor
I recently bought an external CD drive. It works great on other computers, but due to the multiport adaptor it does not seem to have enough power. How do I connect it? Is there another connecter I need to buy?
- Asked by Kathleen M from Orlando
- 07 8, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (External CD/DVD Drive not working with Multiport Adaptor)