Similar questions from the community
Can you attach an older 3-prong (grounded) cord to this brick?
This might be a dumb question, but I'm wondering if I can use the three prong extension cord off my old (2015) macbook's power cable. I'm assuming there is no special amp/wattage etc. considerations to be made for this addition?
- Asked by Jeremy W from Cheyenne
- 11 7, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you attach an older 3-prong (grounded) cord to this brick?)
What are the dimensions of this power adapter?
W cm x H cm x D cm?
- Asked by Luke W
- 03 14, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the dimensions of this power adapter?)
No answers yet
Does this charger sense when it's connected?
i.e. If left plugged in to a power outlet when not connected to a device will it still draw current?
I'll be using it to charge a Touchbar MBP 15". With my previous MBP I would charge it from my Thunderbolt monitor, which only supplied current when the MBP was connected. Since a MagSafe to USB-C adapter is not available I will have to use this charger instead but will need to leave it connected to the wall socket behind my desk and I don't want it to be wasting current through the transformer all day while I'm out.
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Andrew G
- 12 15, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this charger sense when it's connected?)
My friend is getting me a MacBook Pro from US. I stay in India. Do I need a power converter to use in India to change from 110 v to 220 v.
- Asked by Stephen A from Hyderabad
- 11 6, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (My friend is getting me a MacBook Pro from US. I stay in India. Do I need a power converter to use in India to change from 110 v to 220 v.)
Can I use the 61 watt and 86 watt power supplies interchangeably between 1) Macbook pro 13" 2016 2) Macbook pro 15" 2017 (newest model) both are USB-