Questions & Answers for OS X Lion (10.7)
182 Questions from the Community
Do I need any info or serial numbers to upgrade to Lion - a friend gave me a laptop with OS X 10.6.8 already on it and I want to upgrade to Lion.Answer
No, you should be able to upgrade without these details. However you may use the serial number or precise model details to check online that your laptop will be compatible.
is there a program similar to Band Leader for the Mac.??
I am a musician and need software to book my band a list my gigs, musicians and clients...Thanks...Ken
- Asked by Ken W from New River
- 04 11, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a program similar to Band Leader for the Mac.??)
Is Snow Leapord an earlier version of OS X?
- Asked by Trevor M
- 11 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Snow Leapord an earlier version of OS X?)
- Answered by Chloe-ann B from St Peters
- 12 3, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is Snow Leapord an earlier version of OS X?)
Can I install lion x in the same pc but with a separate hdd?
I have an IPad 4, have many pictures and videos.
In order to see the pictures and view the videos of my IPad could I download and install OS X Lion 10.7 on the same PC and on a different HDD?
- Asked by Jack B from Anjou
- 04 10, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I install lion x in the same pc but with a separate hdd?)
Is Lion temporarily unavailable?
Trying to install it onto a Macbook Air from 2008, but the app store keeps saying that it's unavailable?
- Asked by 美智 李 from Chiyoda-ku
- 07 16, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Lion temporarily unavailable?)
is Lion compatible with Quark 8
- Asked by Renee A from Memphis
- 10 12, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (is Lion compatible with Quark 8)
can I have it delivered via email
- Asked by Roger V from New York
- 08 29, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can I have it delivered via email)
Lion is only available as a download. Assuming you have email, you should also have sufficient internet access to download the updater. The update link is delivered via email after you purchase the USD$19.95 update.
Be advised that the update is nearly 4 GB, so even with a fast connection it may take a while.
Also, verify that your Mac will support Lion before you order, because Apple doesn't give refunds on downloads.
Jim in Texas
- Answered by James S from Austin
- 11 13, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I have it delivered via email)
I need to install to 10.7 to run programme upgrade. If I buy a copy can I install it on several machines all running versions of 10.6
No answers yet
I have a Mac with Snow Leopard installed.I would like to upgrade to Lion. Would I still be able to use Adobe CS3 that is on my computer
- Asked by Bettina G from Jupiter
- 05 21, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Mac with Snow Leopard installed.I would like to upgrade to Lion. Would I still be able to use Adobe CS3 that is on my computer)
No answers yet
What's newer the lion or mountain lion?
- Asked by Miguel F from Norwalk
- 10 26, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (What's newer the lion or mountain lion?)
Mountain Lion is newer.
Mountain Lion is version 10.8 and Lion is version 10.7. However, Lion is compatible with more older Macs than Mountain Lion.
- Answered by Markus R from Germantown
- 11 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What's newer the lion or mountain lion?)
The terms of the Mac App Store allow individuals to download and install any of their purchases on any machine they own or control. So as long as you're installing to your own machines, you'll be fine. However, businesses that are installing software to many machines may need to consider the volume purchase program.
- Answered by Stewart L from Banteer
- 03 6, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I bought 10.7 for a MacBook Pro. I want to install it on another MacBook Pro. Do I have to buy it again?)
i have OS 10.6.3, can i install lion?
- Asked by Jill L from Pawtucket
- 10 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (i have OS 10.6.3, can i install lion?)
Use software update in the apple menu to upgrade to 10.6.8. Then you can buy and install Lion from the Apple Online Store.
- Answered by Richard B
- 10 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (i have OS 10.6.3, can i install lion?)
You have to update to 10.6 first assuming it can be supported. These are the specs for Snow Leopard:
Mac computer with an Intel processor
1GB of memory
5GB of available disk space
DVD drive for installation
For many Macs that are running 10.4, it may have a Power G4 type processor, in which case you would only be able to go to OSX 10.5, Leopard which is hard to find. Best of luck!
- Answered by Milithza M from Peyton
- 12 31, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I update from 10.4 to OS X Lion (10.7), or do i have to update to OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) first?)