Questions & Answers for Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
454 Questions from the Community
Is the itouch gen 4 connector compatible with the itouch gen 2 connector?
My daughter just got an itouch gen 4 to replace her gen 2. I thought the connector didn't change until the gen 5 (lightning). She says the itouch gen 4 connector won't work with her iHome clock or work with the cable from her Gen 2 itouch. Are the connectors compatible?
- Asked by Gary W from Dallas
- 12 4, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the itouch gen 4 connector compatible with the itouch gen 2 connector?)
Is there a cable to jump from the dock to the iPad?
I would like to have a way to charge, yet continue use of the iPad, utilizing the dock as the power source
- Asked by Richard W from Nederland
- 08 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a cable to jump from the dock to the iPad?)
Can I connect my Iphone 4 to a computer to make internet connection
May I know how connect my iPhone 4 to a computer to make internet connection
- Asked by Aymi T from Kuala Lumpur
- 01 31, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my Iphone 4 to a computer to make internet connection)
which usb connector is for transfering music to i-pod from I-tune
- Asked by Gloria S from Vineland
- 02 13, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (which usb connector is for transfering music to i-pod from I-tune)
Is there a short cable for the 5th generation ipod nano? I have a USB port in my car's golve compartment, so a really short cord would be perfect.
No answers yet
You can use this cable with any of Apple's available power adapter to charge your device, the USB-end of the 30-pin to USB cable is plugged under the USB port of the power adapter while the power adapter is plugged into your wall socket.
- Answered by Marcus L from Kepong
- 06 2, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how do I use this cable to charge my phone? how does it plug into the wall socket?)
does the apple dock connector fit the ipod shuffle
is there a connector that has the apple dock connector and the ipod shuffle connector?
- Asked by Scott B from Dallas
- 11 15, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (does the apple dock connector fit the ipod shuffle)
no it will not fit the iPod shuffle.........sorry
- Answered by Samantha W from Cahokia
- 11 17, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does the apple dock connector fit the ipod shuffle)
Can this USB download photos from my digital camera?
- Asked by Courtney C from Brooklyn
- 08 20, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this USB download photos from my digital camera?)
Can the USB be connected to an A/V receiver to play music through a home system? Additionally, is the output analog or digital?Answer
- Answered by Alan C from Highlands Ranch
- 01 14, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can the USB be connected to an A/V receiver to play music through a home system? Additionally, is the output analog or digital?)
USB cable syncing ipad2 with computer.. Would this allow me to access software like my Rosetta Stone that I have installed on my computer ..Answer
Yes and no. The cable will give you access to the iPad on a "pc" or a "Mac." However it will not give it access to random software. It must be an App. Rosetta stone HD for Ipad is such and app I have listed Rosetta's iPad commentary bellow. So it is a separate application that you have to pay for through the App store. I do not however know if there are extra discounts.
Rosetta Stone TOTALe Course HD for iPad® allows Rosetta Stone Version 4 TOTALe and Complete Online Access learners to take the language learning experience anywhere they use an iPad. It's a dedicated application that enables iPad users to continue discovering their new language.
TOTALe Course HD is a supplemental component of the comprehensive language learning experience, Rosetta Stone TOTALe. TOTALe Course HD gives you the opportunity to take Rosetta Course, the foundation of our self-study, wherever your language learning takes you.
Currently, TOTALe Course HD is available to all Apple App Store markets except the following: Cuba, Iran, Korea (North), Liberia, Mynamar, Sudan, Syria, Belarus, Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Somalia. Please check back for more global releases!
is this compatible with the 20gb ipod classic?
its white and it came with a plug in charger and cable, but didnt come with as usb cable.the charger cable wont fit into the labtop either
- Asked by Natalee C
- 12 26, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (is this compatible with the 20gb ipod classic?)
No, sorry. But the cable from the 3GS can be used to charge the Nano.
- Answered by Daniel D from Newmarket
- 01 18, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can a USB cable that came with a 2nd generation Nano be safely used to charge an iphone 3Gs?)
will i be able to sync music from my pc to my ipod
i have a PC and iPod 4 and I'm trying to download some music to my iPod. is this possible using windows media player? is this possible at ALL? plez help.
- Asked by Anan G from West Chester
- 06 6, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (will i be able to sync music from my pc to my ipod)
do you make alonger usb charging cable than the standard that comes with the itouch or any ipod for that matter? If so is it only sold at apple store
thanks, hope you can help, brianBest Answer:
apple does NOT make one, but they sell a griffin one here that is 10ft.
the link is here:
note that you have to replace the (dot) with .
- Answered by Barack O from Prairie View
- 11 23, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (do you make alonger usb charging cable than the standard that comes with the itouch or any ipod for that matter? If so is it only sold at apple store)