Questions & Answers for Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - US English
348 Questions from the Community
According to the documentation that comes with the keyboard, which I just purchased and am using for the first time, the answer is "yes". I can also attest to the fact since my system is v10.4.1 and I am typing away. Unfortunately, the new firmware update-which is supposed to fix an issue with unwanted key repeats- requires 10.5.+. Hopefully I will not have that problem since I am still not ready to upgrade to Leopard.
Though you didn't ask, right now I am loving this thing.. It is so much better than the old Apple keyboard I cannot even compare the two. It's like typing on air!
- Answered by Kathleen A. C from Beaverton
- 12 25, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this keyboard work (plug and play) with my old eMac version 10.4.11?)
numeric keyboard physical size
- Asked by Joseph R from Graysville
- 06 30, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (numeric keyboard physical size)
will this keyboard work with the ipad2?
- Asked by Terry K from Jasper
- 05 18, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (will this keyboard work with the ipad2?)
The short answer is unfortunately no; the iPad uses Apple's proprietary dock connector to interface with peripherals. You can, however, connect a Bluetooth Keyboard, such as the Apple Wireless Keyboard. The iPad Keyboard Dock for the first generation iPad kinda works, but it is hampered by the new shape of the iPad 2.
It was, at one stage, possible to connect a standard USB keyboard to the iPad using Apple's Camera Connection Kit, however since iOS 4.2 was released this is no longer possible because the device no longer supplies enough power to the USB peripheral. This is the case with both the 1st gen iPad and the iPad 2.
Hope this helps!
- Answered by Andrew K
- 06 7, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this keyboard work with the ipad2?)
Will it work OK on a powered USB hub? It's just my external hard drive doesn't so I have run out of USB ports on my MacBook now.Best Answer:
it wil work on anyUSB port or even an UNPOWERED Hub. keyboards and mice draw very little current so can be used anywhere - only external hard drives and iPods and other devices need the full 500MA of a direct connection and short lead as these draw the full current in use.
other devices fall somewhere in between
yes you can use ur old keyboard instead of this
and both at the same time, too as long as you have a free powered usb port.
- Answered by Zavdi Aniela Z from El Sobrante
- 01 11, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (if i have windows 7 and use this can i still go back to my normal keyboard?)
is there any information explaining the the wired keyboard keys.
Apple keyboard part # MB110LL/B
- Asked by Ronald K from Cambridge
- 05 8, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (is there any information explaining the the wired keyboard keys.)
As with the wireless keyboard, how secure is it when it comes to passwords entry? Will it be picked up by strangers nearby or outside the building?Answer
No, it will not be picked up by strangers, unless someone is deliberately outside your door with a ton of hardware to crack the signal and hack the information you type. If you are not a FBI agent or a spy of any kind, I think you will be good to go.
- Answered by Andrew M from Fort Smith
- 07 12, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (As with the wireless keyboard, how secure is it when it comes to passwords entry? Will it be picked up by strangers nearby or outside the building?)
How can i enter the pound key using a us keyboard?
- Asked by Martha M from Brooklyn
- 01 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i enter the pound key using a us keyboard?)
no, Only Bluetooth Keyboards work with the iPad 2.
Google MC184LL/A and MC533LL/B to make your choice
- Answered by Nathan D from Cronulla
- 05 30, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the wired usb Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad work with i-pad 2?)
KEYBOARD SOFTWARE UPDATE?
I just upgraded the software on my old Macbook Pro to Snow Leopard bc I bought an external USB keyboard (mac, with numerical keypad), and I was told that it needed 10.6.8 to work.
However, when I type on it, it does not type letters... but symbols.
Not sure if I need to do a keyboard software update... and if so, where to get such a thing.
- Asked by Aarti S from Los Angeles
- 03 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (KEYBOARD SOFTWARE UPDATE?)
Can I use this keyboard on mac G5 w/o bluetooth
- Asked by Steven B from New Hartford
- 04 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this keyboard on mac G5 w/o bluetooth)
Yes, indeed. At it's heart, it is a regular USB keyboard, and will even work on the original iMac (except there's no power button.)
If you get hooked on it, you can even take it with you and use it with anything else that accepts a USB keyboard, even some of the video game consoles.
- Answered by Colin P from Dartmouth
- 04 23, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this keyboard on mac G5 w/o bluetooth)
Does this works with Ubuntu?
- Asked by Chetan P from Buffalo
- 05 9, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this works with Ubuntu?)
Can I use this keyboard with an IPad mini?
- Asked by Adelita O from Lemoore
- 02 22, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this keyboard with an IPad mini?)
No, this keyboard has a USB cord that connects it to a desktop computer. You need to use a Bluetooth wireless keyboard to connect to an iPad Mini.
- Answered by Michael G from Azusa
- 02 26, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this keyboard with an IPad mini?)
Yes! you can, in fact I asked that question and the next day I was in the Mac store and I purchase my very first Mac. It came with a true French keyboard and it was available in store....
- Answered by René P
- 04 21, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer («can I have a true French canadian keyboard?»)