Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
225 Questions from the Community
The 24" iMac I bought in the fall of 2008 had a mini-DVI. Now the iMac is delivered with a min-Display port. Sometime between then and now they switched. So first you must determine which port you have. I purchased the mini-DVI to DVI adapter and used it with a Samsung SyncMaster T240HD with no problems. However, the adapter is only about 6-8 inches long so I found it necessary to buy a standard DVI cable to reach from the adapter to the 2nd monitor. I would assume from the descriptions and pictures that the mini-display port to DVI adapter is about the same length.
- Answered by Stephen E H from Huntsville
- 03 8, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this adapter plug into my 24 inch imac (2009 model) to add second moniter that is dvi ready?)
I found through Apple support that Macbooks made before 2010 do not support sound using the hdmi mini port adapter. You must use a vga cable to the headphone jack in addition to the mini hdmi adapter to hear sound through your media center. This solution does work for us.
- Answered by Eileene T from Honeoye Falls
- 02 13, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how can i hook up my mac book pro to my tv)
24" LED monitor, need to connect to Mac Mini with DVI, not mini port display
- Asked by Brenda P from Vancouver
- 01 26, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (24" LED monitor, need to connect to Mac Mini with DVI, not mini port display)
what cables do i need to connect my 2011 13" macbook pro to a cinema display?
just bought a 2011 13" macbook pro on the day they came out, i am now looking into getting a cinema display but was wondering what cables were required to connect the two together.
- Asked by Amanda T
- 02 27, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (what cables do i need to connect my 2011 13" macbook pro to a cinema display?)
The Cinema display has a Mini DVI cable built into it where you would connect your MacBook Pro into!
- Answered by Sean O from North Haven
- 06 19, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what cables do i need to connect my 2011 13" macbook pro to a cinema display?)