Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
226 Questions from the Community
The 24" iMac I bought in the fall of 2008 had a mini-DVI. Now the iMac is delivered with a min-Display port. Sometime between then and now they switched. So first you must determine which port you have. I purchased the mini-DVI to DVI adapter and used it with a Samsung SyncMaster T240HD with no problems. However, the adapter is only about 6-8 inches long so I found it necessary to buy a standard DVI cable to reach from the adapter to the 2nd monitor. I would assume from the descriptions and pictures that the mini-display port to DVI adapter is about the same length.
- Answered by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxx
- 03 8, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this adapter plug into my 24 inch imac (2009 model) to add second moniter that is dvi ready?)
how do you connect a macbook to firewire device?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxx
- 11 18, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you connect a macbook to firewire device?)
Does the mini-display adapter work with the new thunderbolt Macs?
The new MacBook Pro has a thunderbolt port for attaching an external monitor. Is the Mini Display port adapter the proper adapter for this port?
- Asked by John Mark A from Palo Alto
- 05 12, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the mini-display adapter work with the new thunderbolt Macs?)
Yes Thunderbolt port can do a display and a fast transfer from a hardrive to your laptop
- Answered by Carole S from Arnold
- 07 18, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the mini-display adapter work with the new thunderbolt Macs?)
How do I connect two monitors to my mac mini? What cables do I need please help?
I have a HP Pavililion monitor and a Huion graphics tablet monitor. I am an illustrator and would like to work from both screens simultaneously.
Both monitors support HDMI connection and for the most part my HP monitor uses this, but then I have to unplug when I want to use the tablet monitor.
Any suggestions? help much appreciated.
Assuming you are using a recent Mac Mini with a HDMI port and a Thunderbolt port: Connect to one monitor using a standard HDMI cable. Connect to the second monitor using a MiniDisplay/Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter with an HDMI cable. Hope this helps!
- Answered by Cody S from Shreveport
- 04 22, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do I connect two monitors to my mac mini? What cables do I need please help?)
24" LED monitor, need to connect to Mac Mini with DVI, not mini port display
- Asked by Brenda P from Vancouver
- 01 26, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (24" LED monitor, need to connect to Mac Mini with DVI, not mini port display)