Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
221 Questions from the Community
I connected my dell external moniter to my mac book pro. How do I get the mouse to cross over to the external moniter?
- Asked by Shari N from Tenafly
- 12 13, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (I connected my dell external moniter to my mac book pro. How do I get the mouse to cross over to the external moniter?)
go to system preferences, under hardware, displays, detect displays and you should be good from there
is it possible for me to connect my 27 mac TV monitor to virgin HD box ? If yes, what cable I need to buy to hook this up ?
- Asked by Tiong Seng L from London
- 04 7, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (is it possible for me to connect my 27 mac TV monitor to virgin HD box ? If yes, what cable I need to buy to hook this up ?)
If your LCD television includes HDMI ports, you can use this adaptor in combination with a DVI-HDMI cable. If you don't have HDMI ports, you should instead get the Composite Video adaptor, and use the standard yellow video socket to connect it. This will be lower resolution, and is not digital. You will also probably want to get a headphone jack to RCA cable from your local HiFi store, to pass audio through to the TV, as it will otherwise come out of the macbook's built in speakers.
- Answered by Jenna F from Ryde
- 01 1, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is there a device that i can get that connects my macbook to my 36 inch LCD television?)
Help!!! Mini displayport to DVI-D?
What exactly do I need to connect the mini display port on my Macbook Pro to my monitor that has a DVD-D port?Can I use the mini displayport DVI-I adapter I already have or do I need another kind of adaptor? What kind of cable exactly? Thanks
- Asked by Russell S from New York
- 04 15, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Help!!! Mini displayport to DVI-D?)
To connect your MacBook Pro to a monitor that supports DVI-D *only*, you'll need this adapter with a DVI-D cable. You can recognize this cable by looking at the pin configuration -- DVI-D will have 2 sets of 9 pins with a small gap between them, followed by a long flat pin. See Wikipedia's page about Digital Visual Interface for more detail. The "Connector" section has easily readable images that might be useful.
That having been said, most monitors support DVI-I, which will support either a DVI-I or DVI-D cable (or even DVI-D Dual Link). But if you're sure your monitor supports DVI-D only, disregard this.
- Answered by James T from Brush Prairie
- 04 29, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Help!!! Mini displayport to DVI-D?)
if i buy a mac mini can I use my old monitor from a pc?
- Asked by Fred R from Belchertown
- 04 28, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (if i buy a mac mini can I use my old monitor from a pc?)
Yes I have mine set up.
- Answered by Dale W from Kyoto
- 05 29, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (if i buy a mac mini can I use my old monitor from a pc?)
I want to display audio and video on my 2009 Samsung HDTV using my Macbook purchased in May 2010 and one single cable, which one should I buy?
No answers yet
Does it work using an iMac for a dual moniter setup?
- Asked by Jeanette L from Los Altos Hills
- 11 30, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work using an iMac for a dual moniter setup?)
which has a better picture quality, dvi or vga adapters? i am wanting to try and maintain the picture quality of my macbook pro to another monitor...
No answers yet
I have a imac with the black trim from 08 what output does it have
i am trying to plug it into a 50 inch panasonic tv with dvi
- Asked by Jason S from Livingston
- 11 21, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a imac with the black trim from 08 what output does it have)
First get your serial number by going to Apple Menu->About this Mac->More Info...
Then go to Apple's support page and search using your serial number. You'll probably have to enter your serial number more than once, but you'll eventually get to a page with technical specifications on your computer model.
- Answered by Thomas W from San Jose
- 11 28, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have a imac with the black trim from 08 what output does it have)
can i connect this adapter to my macbook?
I want to connect my computer to a flat screen tv in my room, but i am not sure what kind of adapter to buy
- Asked by Angel B from Roxbury
- 03 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect this adapter to my macbook?)
I have a MacBook Pro 2010 and want to hook it up to a Toshiba 2010 tv i have a Monster cable550 hd for hdmi and the mini Display port help please
No answers yet
This adapter allows you to connect only one more display.
The limit for displays on a MacBook Pro is 2 (including the display on the laptop, which may NOT be substituted for a second external monitor).
If you wish to add more displays, you can use an external USB Video adapter, however these refresh much slower (sometimes making video too poor to use).
These aren't available from Apple as they're a low quality solution and not practical.
- Answered by Dustin K from Coffs Harbour
- 06 2, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I split video from my MacBook Pro to three 24" Apple Cinema Displays via Mini Displayport?)
Will this work connecting my Macbook Pro (mid-late 2009) ( to my old (2006) samsung syncmaster 205bw?
Macbook Pro with OS X 10.6.4, 2.26 GH2Intel COre 2 Duo, 4 GB memory
- Asked by Kathleen L from Concord
- 09 6, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work connecting my Macbook Pro (mid-late 2009) ( to my old (2006) samsung syncmaster 205bw?)
will this adapter work with the 30" Cinema HD Display
- Asked by Ken S from Manhattan
- 10 16, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (will this adapter work with the 30" Cinema HD Display)
if want use for 30" Cinema HD Display, need to use Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link.
- Answered by Frederick G from Kl
- 10 16, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this adapter work with the 30" Cinema HD Display)
so i have a unibody white macbook (2010 version). To connect to a tv i get this displayport to dvi adapter, then a dvi to hdmi cord,then connect all?
No answers yet
How can i connect my new 21 inch mac to my LED TV ?
- Asked by Richard C from Brooklyn
- 05 23, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i connect my new 21 inch mac to my LED TV ?)