Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
220 Questions from the Community
What cable do I need to plug my Optiquest Display to my new Mini Mac? One that came in the box is too big.
The cable in the box is too big.
- Asked by Nicole L from Northridge
- 04 20, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I need to plug my Optiquest Display to my new Mini Mac? One that came in the box is too big.)
How do you connect a 20" cinema display (through an ADC converter) to a new 17" macbook pro which has a mini display port?
I Have an existing apple 20'' cinema display still in great condition that I wish to connect to a new 17" macbook pro which has a mini display port? What type of cable should I use to connect both devices successfully?
This adapter will only allow you to drive the Apple Cinema 30" display at 1280x800 (see Apple support article HT3571), so you should buy the more expensive Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter if you want to use the maximum resolution of 2560x1600.
The 3840x2160 televisions use *two* dual-link DVI connections because of the increased signal bandwidth so, again, you would not be able to drive them at full resolution. You may be able to use them at a reduced resolution with one dual-link input from the other adapter, and possibly at a much lower resolution using this adapter.
how do i connect hdmi of sony lcd to displayport of mac os x
i have mac os x and sony bravia lcd. my lcd has hdmi input. how i connect to displayport of mac
- Asked by Neel C
- 01 29, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect hdmi of sony lcd to displayport of mac os x)
No!! You need an active video converter.
If you want to enjoy your PS3 on your iMac 27'' at full resolution you need an active video converter with upscaling.. because the 27'' display only support 1280x720 and 2560x1600 resolution
- Answered by Matteo B
- 09 9, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i input PS3 to my new 27-inch iMac with the Mini Display Port to DVI adapter?)
how can i hook up my playstation 3 and macbook pro?
i bought a mini dvi to hdmi converter that says it will accept input and output, so how would i play my playstation off the macbook? i have tried connecting the two and turning them both on and nothing happens.
- Asked by Oliver F from Ponte Vedra Beach
- 11 20, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (how can i hook up my playstation 3 and macbook pro?)
how do I connect my camcorder to my computer?
New macbook doesn't have a firewire port, so my old mini dv to firewire doesn't work. Is there a way to connect to the USB?
- Asked by Nate L from Saint Paul
- 11 24, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I connect my camcorder to my computer?)
does the mac book use the dvi adapter?
I bought a dvi adapter and dvi to hdmi adapter to hook up my mac book to our hdtv and i still can't get a picture. Do I need the VGA cord instead?
- Asked by Naomi A from Rexburg
- 01 18, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (does the mac book use the dvi adapter?)
what adapter do I need to connect a 2005 A1082 to my 2009 macbook pro
- Asked by Vincent D from Brooklyn
- 12 9, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (what adapter do I need to connect a 2005 A1082 to my 2009 macbook pro)
I have a new MacBook Pro 10/09 and want to connect it to Panasonic which has HDMI 3 connection. Which adapter/cables do I need? Sound cables too?
you need the mini display port to DVI adapter.
you also need a digital cable with DVI male on one end and HDMI on the other.
the only difference between the output of your computer and and the HDMI cable is audio. Most digital sets nowadays serve very well as an external monitor. most have an audio input dedicated to play with a certain HDMI port. you would need an audio cable that has 1/8" mini stereo male on one end with the normal red/white RCA male plugs on the other end.
On the vizio in my office, I think it will play audio over any of the 3 inputs. I believe the Mitsibushi in the living room requires me to use HDMI port # 3 in order to sync up the two inputs.
which apple computers use this device
I have a MacBook Pro5,5, Intel Core uo 2.53 GHz, Serial number W89442RA66j. Is this the correct adapter to connect this machine to a standard LCD projector?
- Asked by Stephen C C from New York
- 02 10, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (which apple computers use this device)
Is this compatible to MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008)?
I would like to connect my MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008) with Samsung HDTV. I've already got a DVI-HDMI cable and Audio cable. I just need to find out which Apple Display adapter I need. Thanks!
- Asked by Fumi N from Elmhurst
- 02 8, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible to MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008)?)
The cable on the Mini Displayport doesn't look long enough to reach from my MacBook Pro to my HDMI port on my TV. Is there an extension cord for this?
- Asked by Susan S from Safety Harbor
- 07 23, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (The cable on the Mini Displayport doesn't look long enough to reach from my MacBook Pro to my HDMI port on my TV. Is there an extension cord for this?)
No answers yet
How can I add GPS capability to the macbook air?
That is, can I connect a USB gps module to the macbookair and with relevent software use it at sea as a chartplotter?
- Asked by Tony K from Seventeen Mile Rocks
- 04 4, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I add GPS capability to the macbook air?)
Correct. This should not be a problem with dual ports as its sending separate information to each port and theyre not dependent on each other.
However the screen resolution may be max on each display.
- Answered by Randy A from Avondale
- 01 26, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I connect two DVI-D displays to 2012 Macbook Pro using two of these adapters connected to the two Thunder ports?)