Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
150 Questions from the Community
can this adapter plug into a thunderbolt port off a thunderbolt external drive. The drive would be connected to the computer through thunderbolt
- Asked by Kyle W from Little Canada
- 02 10, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can this adapter plug into a thunderbolt port off a thunderbolt external drive. The drive would be connected to the computer through thunderbolt)
How do I connect two monitors to my mac mini? What cables do I need please help?
I have a HP Pavililion monitor and a Huion graphics tablet monitor. I am an illustrator and would like to work from both screens simultaneously.
Both monitors support HDMI connection and for the most part my HP monitor uses this, but then I have to unplug when I want to use the tablet monitor.
Any suggestions? help much appreciated.
No, the iPad mini has a Lightning connector. You need either the Lightning Digital AV Adapter or the Lightning to VGA Adapter to connect to a monitor.
- Answered by George V
- 11 28, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I use mini displayPort cable to connect up my Ipad mini to computer monitor only.)
what adapter do I need to attach mac mini a1347 to a dell monitor
- Asked by Vidalina G from Woodstock
- 03 22, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (what adapter do I need to attach mac mini a1347 to a dell monitor)
Help!!! Mini displayport to DVI-D?
What exactly do I need to connect the mini display port on my Macbook Pro to my monitor that has a DVD-D port?Can I use the mini displayport DVI-I adapter I already have or do I need another kind of adaptor? What kind of cable exactly? Thanks
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- 04 15, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Help!!! Mini displayport to DVI-D?)
To connect your MacBook Pro to a monitor that supports DVI-D *only*, you'll need this adapter with a DVI-D cable. You can recognize this cable by looking at the pin configuration -- DVI-D will have 2 sets of 9 pins with a small gap between them, followed by a long flat pin. See Wikipedia's page about Digital Visual Interface for more detail. The "Connector" section has easily readable images that might be useful.
That having been said, most monitors support DVI-I, which will support either a DVI-I or DVI-D cable (or even DVI-D Dual Link). But if you're sure your monitor supports DVI-D only, disregard this.
- Answered by James T from Brush Prairie
- 04 29, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Help!!! Mini displayport to DVI-D?)
Help!!! I am about to buy an Iiyama Prolite E2410HDSD 24" 1080p Monitor and don't know which adapter to buy for my 15" MacBook Pro.
It looks like a possible minefield connecting these together if I buy the wrong adapter and so many posts appear to have had problems! I think it is the Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter but cannot be sure. Is DVI the same as DVI-D?
I also have an Apple Wireless keyboard and Magic Trackpad. The 24' monitor will be the icing on the cake.
Thanks in advance for your help.
No answers yet
Will this work connecting my Macbook Pro (mid-late 2009) ( to my old (2006) samsung syncmaster 205bw?
Macbook Pro with OS X 10.6.4, 2.26 GH2Intel COre 2 Duo, 4 GB memory
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- 09 6, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work connecting my Macbook Pro (mid-late 2009) ( to my old (2006) samsung syncmaster 205bw?)
what adapter do i need to connect a 23' cinema display (fw400) to a 2010 mac pro?
the 2010 mac pro does not have a firewire 400 port, which my cinema display needs to hook up.
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 09 29, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (what adapter do i need to connect a 23' cinema display (fw400) to a 2010 mac pro?)
Moshi Firewire 800 to 400 adapter! Works like a charm.
- Answered by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 10 3, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what adapter do i need to connect a 23' cinema display (fw400) to a 2010 mac pro?)
If your LCD television includes HDMI ports, you can use this adaptor in combination with a DVI-HDMI cable. If you don't have HDMI ports, you should instead get the Composite Video adaptor, and use the standard yellow video socket to connect it. This will be lower resolution, and is not digital. You will also probably want to get a headphone jack to RCA cable from your local HiFi store, to pass audio through to the TV, as it will otherwise come out of the macbook's built in speakers.
- Answered by Jenna F from Ryde
- 01 1, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is there a device that i can get that connects my macbook to my 36 inch LCD television?)
DVI-D, it does not include analog signals.
- Answered by Jenna F from Ryde
- 01 1, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this DVI-I or DVI-D?)
No!! You need an active video converter.
If you want to enjoy your PS3 on your iMac 27'' at full resolution you need an active video converter with upscaling.. because the 27'' display only support 1280x720 and 2560x1600 resolution
- Answered by Matteo B
- 09 9, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i input PS3 to my new 27-inch iMac with the Mini Display Port to DVI adapter?)
Macbook Air Mini DisplayPort
Is a mini DisplayPort the same as the thunderbolt connection on the MBA?
- Asked by Bryce B from Vancouver
- 10 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Air Mini DisplayPort)
so to connect my macbook pro to my vizio hdtv, i need to buy 3 cables, a mini display port to dvi, a dvi to hdmi and a cable for sound?? helpBest Answer:
that is correct - hdmi in this case will only carry the video - audio will go through mini jack (headphone jack) - your tv may have a mini jack input especially for audio from a pc - my toshiba does - -hdmi input 1 can use mini jack audio from a pc - hope this helps - -
- Answered by Pete M from Philadelphia
- 02 10, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (so to connect my macbook pro to my vizio hdtv, i need to buy 3 cables, a mini display port to dvi, a dvi to hdmi and a cable for sound?? help)
i just bought a new 27 inch imac and bought new mini displayport to dvi adaptor i am not able to plug into connector on back of screen why
event if i put the D shape in the proper way it won't fit
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- 11 28, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (i just bought a new 27 inch imac and bought new mini displayport to dvi adaptor i am not able to plug into connector on back of screen why)
what is mimi displayport to dvi adapter
- Asked by Vijay Prakash N from Alameda
- 04 2, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (what is mimi displayport to dvi adapter)
The Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter is for connecting a computer that has a MiniDisplayPort (or Thunderbolt) video output port to a display that has a DVI (Digital Video Interface) input.
DVI comes in several flavors. From what I see in other comments, this adapter
1. Does NOT include support for analog output (DVI-A); if it cannot connect the computer and monitor in a digital fashion, it will not connect them at all.
2. Supports single-link DVI. Single-link DVI can support resolutions of up to (approximately) 1920 x 1200 at a refresh rate of 60 Hz, provided that the monitor supports reduced blanking intervals (which many non-CRT-based monitors can).
3. Does not support dual-link DVI. Dual-link DVI would be needed to support, for instance, a display like the (now-discontinued) Apple 30" Cinema Display, which has a resolution of 2560 x 1600.
- Answered by Thomas N from Marlborough
- 04 19, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is mimi displayport to dvi adapter)
Can I use it to connect an external pc with video output DVI connector with my new iMac 27 as a monitor?
Understand this adapter is designed for outputting video to external monitor. Hope it is bi-directional for video input as well.
How do you connect a 20" cinema display (through an ADC converter) to a new 17" macbook pro which has a mini display port?
I Have an existing apple 20'' cinema display still in great condition that I wish to connect to a new 17" macbook pro which has a mini display port? What type of cable should I use to connect both devices successfully?
how to connect Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter to 27 inch cinema display
- Asked by Edwin C from Philadelphia
- 07 21, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (how to connect Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter to 27 inch cinema display)
It can't - you need an adapter that is the other way around
- Answered by Paul W
- 11 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how to connect Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter to 27 inch cinema display)