Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
184 Questions from the Community
Which Mac cable do I need to connect new 15" MBP to new 27" iMac so MBP runs on iMac screen? Both have Mini DisplayPorts.
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxx
- 03 25, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Which Mac cable do I need to connect new 15" MBP to new 27" iMac so MBP runs on iMac screen? Both have Mini DisplayPorts.)
Can I connect Lenovo laptop (with VGA port) to an '08 Macbook (not pro) that only has USB ports to get extended screens?
- Asked by Melanie K from Aurora
- 06 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect Lenovo laptop (with VGA port) to an '08 Macbook (not pro) that only has USB ports to get extended screens?)
why would I need to spend £60 on a Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter? what is the advantage over the DVI adaptor that comes with a mac mini?
I'm about to buy a mac mini and will connect it to a 32" Philips HD TV via the DVI input. I'm totally stumped as to why I should buy a £60 cable when the mac mini comes with a mini-DVI to DVI connector anyway ... am I missing something here?
the dual link DVI adapter supports resolutions higher than 1900x1200. your tv has resolution of ~1900x1080 (if it is a 1080i or 1080p). for resolutions up to 1900x1200, the typical mini displayport -> dvi adapter that came with your mac mini will be sufficient. this dual link dvi is for people who want multiple displays or the 30" apple cinema display (which has a resolution much higher than 1900x1080)
Its about 6" long
- Answered by Francis J
- 01 23, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How long is the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter?)
what is the maximum resolution for this cable?
I'm interested in medical grade monitors ( as high as 2096x2800).
In fact I'm looking at a setup with two such monitors on a 27" imac with thunderbolt. Is this possible?
- Asked by Evan F from Saskatoon
- 01 17, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the maximum resolution for this cable?)
Will the Mini DispalyPort to Dual-Link DVI work with the Radeon HD 4870 for Mac?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 02 16, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Mini DispalyPort to Dual-Link DVI work with the Radeon HD 4870 for Mac?)
Will this work with my macbook?
I have a macbook (not a pro) and I wanted to know if this will work with it? I want to invest in a large monitor for editing my photos with, will this adapter do the job?
- Asked by Chelsea B from Rome
- 02 28, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my macbook?)
When i connect 2 projectors with a dualhead2go to my macbookpro, performance goes down alot. Will this adapter give better performance?
No answers yet
how can I connect my iMac to a tv with a S-Video port. Its not a LCD or Plasma TV
Is there a cable with the S-video on one end and something else on the other. Like a USB or something that will fit into a 2005 or new model of iMac
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 01 15, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (how can I connect my iMac to a tv with a S-Video port. Its not a LCD or Plasma TV)
Will a Mini DisplayPort connector on a Dual-Link DVI to Mini DisplayPort adapter plug into a thunderbolt port on the new cylindrical Mac Pro and work?
I have two 30" Apple monitors that have DVI connectors. I want to buy a new MacPro, but use my two old 30" monitors. I'm trying to find a solution for this since the Mac Pro doesn't have DVI connections.Answer
Yes. That is how I use it: Mac Pro cylinder connected to the old 30" cinema display.
I need what's on my Macbook pro screen to be playing over multiple televisions, How can I make this happen?
I'm a dj and run a program called serato which plays videos. I know this is possible because I see it places all the time. How can I make it happen? Is there an adapter to go with multiple outputs, such as RCA, and s-video?
- Asked by Dennis F from Columbia
- 04 23, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I need what's on my Macbook pro screen to be playing over multiple televisions, How can I make this happen?)
Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI
I have just ordered a new Mac mini as part of my refurbishing of my home audio recording studio. I am hoping to run dual monitors so in logic I can have the arrange window on one screen and the mixer on another screen and was hoping to do this most cost effectively by buying a couple of full HD LED 24" TVs and connecting somehow via HDMI. Is this possible and if so what do I need to make it happen?
- Asked by Daniel M
- 01 10, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI)