Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
181 Questions from the Community
what is the maximum resolution for this cable?
I'm interested in medical grade monitors ( as high as 2096x2800).
In fact I'm looking at a setup with two such monitors on a 27" imac with thunderbolt. Is this possible?
- Asked by Evan F from Saskatoon
- 01 17, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the maximum resolution for this cable?)
Will the Mini DispalyPort to Dual-Link DVI work with the Radeon HD 4870 for Mac?
- Asked by Daniel C from Westlake Village
- 02 16, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Mini DispalyPort to Dual-Link DVI work with the Radeon HD 4870 for Mac?)
how can I connect my iMac to a tv with a S-Video port. Its not a LCD or Plasma TV
Is there a cable with the S-video on one end and something else on the other. Like a USB or something that will fit into a 2005 or new model of iMac
- Asked by Tiffany A from Sinking Spring
- 01 15, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (how can I connect my iMac to a tv with a S-Video port. Its not a LCD or Plasma TV)
could I connect my mac via mini diplay port too my my 42 inch hd plasma tv?
I"m considering buying a mini mac and sitting it under my plasma while using a wireless keyboard,is this set up possble???
- Asked by Gary H from Glasgow
- 10 18, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (could I connect my mac via mini diplay port too my my 42 inch hd plasma tv?)
Totally possible. I am running my new 13" macbook pro into my Samsung 42" HDTV using the mini display port adapter, and a DVI to HDMI cable I bought an apple keyboard w/number pad, hooked up my Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse.....whallah....42" of Mac. Works absolutely fantastic.
For those of you who want to do this with a macbook......start with the TV off, I open the Macbook press the power button, then immediately close it all the way. Next turn on the TV. and you should be set. I use my laptop as a "desktop" literally everyday. When I do need to go somewhere however, I pull a few wires and walk out the door. The nice thing is, that i am not wearing out the keyboard and the laptop screen when i am hooked up to the flatscreen tv. the life of my macbook LCD screen will be extended ten fold.
Hope this helped.
- Answered by Eric M from Uniontown
- 10 21, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (could I connect my mac via mini diplay port too my my 42 inch hd plasma tv?)
How can i add three monitors to my iMac?
My brother gave me two of his monitors and I already have extra monitor that i use with my imac. I dont want to sell the extra 2 monitors i got. How can i connect the extra 2 monitors to my imac?
- Asked by Michael M from Colorado Springs
- 03 18, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i add three monitors to my iMac?)
I need what's on my Macbook pro screen to be playing over multiple televisions, How can I make this happen?
I'm a dj and run a program called serato which plays videos. I know this is possible because I see it places all the time. How can I make it happen? Is there an adapter to go with multiple outputs, such as RCA, and s-video?
- Asked by Dennis F from Columbia
- 04 23, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I need what's on my Macbook pro screen to be playing over multiple televisions, How can I make this happen?)
Yes, all that is needed are the proper cables. I am using a display port to DVI and a DVI - HDMI adapter then run the HDMI cable to the TV. I am using this setup and I am running it at 1080P and using the entire screen.
- Answered by Sean E from Yuma
- 02 13, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you connect my iMac via mini display port to a 42inch 1080P LCD TV, Using all of the screen)
Is the Mini DisplayPort to dual link DVI adaptor the right connector to connect the new 27" apple cinema display to a late 2008 MacPro?
- Asked by Holly B from Grand Forks
- 10 21, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Mini DisplayPort to dual link DVI adaptor the right connector to connect the new 27" apple cinema display to a late 2008 MacPro?)
No, it's converting in the wrong direction. This is to connect a monitor that requires a DVI-DL connect (most 30" displays) to a machine that only has Mini DisplayPort output (all recent Mac laptops, MacMini, and iMacs).
You may not need an adaptor depending on what video card is in the MacPro -- is there a small not-quite square port on the video card, besides the larger DVI connector? Wikipedia has pictures of what MiniDisplay Port looks like. If you have that port, you'll be able to connect new Apple displays without an adaptor.
Gefen and Altona both make DVI to Mini Display Port converters, but it a quick search didn't find them on Apple's site -- you might need to try Amazon or some other store.
- Answered by Joseph H from Upper Marlboro
- 01 26, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is the Mini DisplayPort to dual link DVI adaptor the right connector to connect the new 27" apple cinema display to a late 2008 MacPro?)
Will this item allow me to connect a 2nd 30' Apple display to a MacPro 5.1 & Radeon 5770 using the mini display port ?
The fist 30' ACD is connected to the DVI port and is working fine.
The second would be connected to the mini display-port (the card has 2) using this adapter.
Anybody having this setup ?
- Asked by Mircea N from Pierrefonds
- 09 18, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this item allow me to connect a 2nd 30' Apple display to a MacPro 5.1 & Radeon 5770 using the mini display port ?)
can I connect my mac mini " late 2012" to an Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27 monitor?
Mac mini "late 2012":
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2,6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MM61.0106.B03
SMC Version (system): 2.8f1
Serial Number (system): C07LV2H1DY3H
Hardware UUID: A473DC4B-EBA1-540E-AD02-006882757BED
i want to use an Eizo 27 inch monitor:Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27
Is this possible? Whay connector should I use?
can i connect a macbook air to two monitors?
- Asked by David N from Rockville
- 08 6, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect a macbook air to two monitors?)
Yes you can. I connect my MacBook Pro to a 42" flatscreen TV.
I have never used this cable, but still disagree with the other answer concerning pixilation. I had a similar pixilation problem, and I was writing furious blogs to Mac. But then I discovered that in System Preferences you can reconfigure the "Energy Saver" "Graphics" setting to "highest performance". I haven't had the problem since....It was not a cable issue.
There is an external video problem when your MAC is set for "better battery life", but there are two power configurations: "Battery" and "Power Adapter". I set the Power Adapter setting to "Highest Performance" and the "Battery" to "Better battery life". When I use my external display, I plug in the power adapter.
I am not the sharpest tool in the computer shed so if you can take your mac to an apple store and try it out first to validate, do it. And I bet you dollars to doughnuts or pounds to peanuts that you can duplicate the problem on an Apple display and fix it with the above configuration changes.
- Answered by Sean P from Folly Beach
- 04 14, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i connect my Mac Book Air(with mini display port) to 30 inch Apple cinema display? with this cable)
Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI
I have just ordered a new Mac mini as part of my refurbishing of my home audio recording studio. I am hoping to run dual monitors so in logic I can have the arrange window on one screen and the mixer on another screen and was hoping to do this most cost effectively by buying a couple of full HD LED 24" TVs and connecting somehow via HDMI. Is this possible and if so what do I need to make it happen?
- Asked by Daniel M
- 01 10, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI)
Will I be able to connect the Monoprice 30" IPS CrystalPro Monitor 2560x1600 Display as a second external monitor to my 15" Macbook Pro Retina.
I have a 27" thunderbolt display connected to my 15" macbook Pro. Would I be able to connect a Monoprice 30" IPS CrystalPro Monitor as a second external display and have 2560x1600 resolution using the Dual-link DVI adaptor?