Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
184 Questions from the Community
I just bought a Dell SP2309W 2048 x 1152 resolution and I'm really confused in which Adapter I should buy this one or the Mini Displayport to DVI?
I'm really confused because I heard that the Mini Displayport to DVI adapter resolution only goes up to 1920 x 1200 max but my monitor's resolution is 2048 x 1152 so that won't work. And I was thinking to buy the Mini Displayport to dual-Link DVI Adapter but I herd it doesn't work with other monitors only the 30inch Apple Cinema Display and its way to much for an adapter. So what could I do im stuck is there anything I could do?Best Answer:
I'm using this monitor with an 11" Macbook Air and a cheap, 3rd party Mini Displayport to HDMI adapter. It's working fine in native resolution
Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI
I have just ordered a new Mac mini as part of my refurbishing of my home audio recording studio. I am hoping to run dual monitors so in logic I can have the arrange window on one screen and the mixer on another screen and was hoping to do this most cost effectively by buying a couple of full HD LED 24" TVs and connecting somehow via HDMI. Is this possible and if so what do I need to make it happen?
- Asked by Daniel M
- 01 10, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI)
Can I use my old but fully working monitor (Cinema HD display c.2006) with a new laptop?
I would like to buy a new macbook but have an older monitor. Is there an adapter I can use to make this possible? Otherwise I have a redundant perfect monitor!!
Thank you, Kate
Can I connect my macbook pro Retina to two x "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI Adapter" driving 2 x Dell 2560x1600 monitors?
I have a macbook pro Retina. I am happy using it with a Displayport Dual-DVI adapter with a Dell monitor (2560 x 1600). I would like to know if I can order a second adapter and connect my macbook pro Retina to a 2nd exactly the same monitor?
Thank you in advance.
- Asked by Mehran S from Miami
- 02 5, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my macbook pro Retina to two x "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI Adapter" driving 2 x Dell 2560x1600 monitors?)
I am happy to report that I was able to connect 2 adapters to attach to Dell Cinema monitors (2650 x 1600 each) to my Macbook Pro.
Note that each adapter needs a USB port which meant the second adapter had to use a USB port on the right hand side of my MBP. Fortunately, the y-shape part of the adapter is long enough to reach the USB on the right side.
Also, I can use the built-in monitor for a total of 3 screens. I am using the set-up for mostly browsing and highly text based app so I cannot vouch how the set-up might operate with low latency apps such as games running high-res and fast changing graphics.
- Answered by Mehran S from Miami
- 02 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I connect my macbook pro Retina to two x "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI Adapter" driving 2 x Dell 2560x1600 monitors?)
can I connect my mac mini " late 2012" to an Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27 monitor?
Mac mini "late 2012":
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2,6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MM61.0106.B03
SMC Version (system): 2.8f1
Serial Number (system): C07LV2H1DY3H
Hardware UUID: A473DC4B-EBA1-540E-AD02-006882757BED
i want to use an Eizo 27 inch monitor:Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27
Is this possible? Whay connector should I use?
Yes you can. I connect my MacBook Pro to a 42" flatscreen TV.
I have never used this cable, but still disagree with the other answer concerning pixilation. I had a similar pixilation problem, and I was writing furious blogs to Mac. But then I discovered that in System Preferences you can reconfigure the "Energy Saver" "Graphics" setting to "highest performance". I haven't had the problem since....It was not a cable issue.
There is an external video problem when your MAC is set for "better battery life", but there are two power configurations: "Battery" and "Power Adapter". I set the Power Adapter setting to "Highest Performance" and the "Battery" to "Better battery life". When I use my external display, I plug in the power adapter.
I am not the sharpest tool in the computer shed so if you can take your mac to an apple store and try it out first to validate, do it. And I bet you dollars to doughnuts or pounds to peanuts that you can duplicate the problem on an Apple display and fix it with the above configuration changes.
- Answered by Sean P from Folly Beach
- 04 14, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i connect my Mac Book Air(with mini display port) to 30 inch Apple cinema display? with this cable)
Will I be able to connect the Monoprice 30" IPS CrystalPro Monitor 2560x1600 Display as a second external monitor to my 15" Macbook Pro Retina.
I have a 27" thunderbolt display connected to my 15" macbook Pro. Would I be able to connect a Monoprice 30" IPS CrystalPro Monitor as a second external display and have 2560x1600 resolution using the Dual-link DVI adaptor?
How do I connect my Mac Mini to my Sony 1080P HD tv?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- 11 24, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect my Mac Mini to my Sony 1080P HD tv?)
My set up works flawlessly.
1. get a DVI to HDMI adapter ('chunky' plug - on end goes into the mac mini the other end creates the 'female' for the HDMI cable.
2. HDMI Cable.
that's it. just plug them in... tweak resolutions on tv and mac display to your liking. I tended to like the Overscan checked (system preferences/display/options)
- Answered by Gary W from Toronto
- 11 25, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do I connect my Mac Mini to my Sony 1080P HD tv?)
can I connect it to a 23" monitor instead of a 30"
- Asked by Shouyi H from North Rocks
- 01 22, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect it to a 23" monitor instead of a 30")
I was wondering if this adapter would support the ATI Eyefinity with three 21.5" displays in 5760x1080 or is it ONLY for Apple 30" Screens.
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- 06 28, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I was wondering if this adapter would support the ATI Eyefinity with three 21.5" displays in 5760x1080 or is it ONLY for Apple 30" Screens.)
After testing it, it worked perfectly.
- Answered by Jonathan L from Montreal
- 07 2, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I was wondering if this adapter would support the ATI Eyefinity with three 21.5" displays in 5760x1080 or is it ONLY for Apple 30" Screens.)
I wish to connect my work Dell laptop PC to my iMac at home so the iMac monitor, and hopefully, the iMac keyboard, control my laptop.
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 10 15, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (I wish to connect my work Dell laptop PC to my iMac at home so the iMac monitor, and hopefully, the iMac keyboard, control my laptop.)
Correction to my last post, if you have the latest 27'' iMac I just found out it DOES support video input. There is no further information from apple on this function but the computer only has 1 video port which is a mini-displayport. I would conclude from this that the port acts as both video in and video out.
Can this adapter be used on a PC and Dell monitor?
I just purchased a Dell Ultra Sharp 32" monitor and it only has hdmi and displayport output. My PC computer's graphic card has DVI. I want to get the 2560x1600 resolution and I thought this cable would work. I connected the mini displayport to the monitor, USB to the computer and the DVI port to the graphics card. I can't get it to work. The monitor says mini displayport not active even after turning on computer. Thanks.
- Asked by Mark B from Westland
- 02 25, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used on a PC and Dell monitor?)
How can I watch a movie from my iPad on my tv
I want to watch a movie I down loaded on my iPad threw my tv
- Asked by Sandy R from Sharptown
- 07 8, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I watch a movie from my iPad on my tv)
Yes. There are two choices:
1) As the first poster noted, get an AppleTV. Most versatile choice and lets you display certain output like Video , pictures on the TV as well as play music from the iPad. A nice solution.
2) A cheaper solution is to get the Apple Composite AV Cable (MC748ZM)
Note that not all apps are built to support output from the iPad to the TV, but those games that do support it are awesome!
- Answered by Aleck C from Bowie
- 02 4, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How can I watch a movie from my iPad on my tv)
Will this enable a mac to support the resolution of 2560x1080?
I have the 29EA93-P (LG 29" Ultra-wide screen IPS monitor) and I cannot seem to get the max resolution (2560x1080) with any of the necessary cables. Will this product solve that problem?
- Asked by Julie C from Belrose
- 12 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this enable a mac to support the resolution of 2560x1080?)
SwitchResX app solved this problem for me.
- Answered by Grzegorz G
- 02 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this enable a mac to support the resolution of 2560x1080?)
I would like to connect my imac to a the cinema display screen using this lead isit possible and isit the right connection?
I wondering if this mini displayport to dual link dvi adapter will work with an imac next to it connected so i will be working onto screens?Best Answer:
This is the correct connector for the 30" Cinema display. You will also need a DVI cable to connect the adapter to the display itself.
- Answered by Ben S from Golden
- 10 27, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I would like to connect my imac to a the cinema display screen using this lead isit possible and isit the right connection?)