Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
432 Questions from the Community
Will this part work to hook up the Acer AL1716 to the Mac Mini?
- Asked by Bill C from Irving
- 12 27, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this part work to hook up the Acer AL1716 to the Mac Mini?)
I want to know if this cable allows me to use my xbox on my mac using a vga cable sound isnt a problem as i have head phones plugged into my xbox
all i want to know is if the display of the xbox can be shown on the mac is there an app or something you download to switch between to mac and the xbox displayAnswer
No, your best bet for displaying the Xbox on the Mac is something like the EyeTV Hybrid.
- Answered by Sidney S from Montclair
- 06 7, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I want to know if this cable allows me to use my xbox on my mac using a vga cable sound isnt a problem as i have head phones plugged into my xbox)
As for myself, this adapter can do only 1920x1080 at 60Hz.
I had a 17" from 2006 which worked perfectly at 1920x1200, with no adapters as the laptop had a DVI. With the 15" of 2010 and the VGA adapter, I can't reach the maximum resolution of my screen.
- Answered by Cyril C
- 05 12, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this adaptor support 1920x1200 resolution output?)
Is this the product for connecting a 15" MacBookPro to an LCD projector?
This is a new 2009 machine with Snow Leopard OS. My adapter for my older 13" MacBook is too big to work with the monitor output port.
- Asked by Brent K from Ithaca
- 12 19, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the product for connecting a 15" MacBookPro to an LCD projector?)
will the Mini Display Port Thunderbolt to DVI VGA HDMI Adapter cable help me get sound and visuals from the tv (not my macbook 2011)
i had a mini displayport to hdmi before and i could see everything but i had to connect my laptop to some speakers to get some sound other than from my laptop, will this help me get what i want?
No answers yet
No, this is only for the MacBook Air, Macbook Pro, and iMac computer lines. For an iPhone 4 you need the Apple 30-pin to VGA Adapter. If you are using an iPhone 5 you need the Apple Lightning to VGA Adapter.
- Answered by Joseph B from Houston
- 12 14, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can this adapter be used for the iphone 4? If not, what do you suggest?)
How do I connect my early 2009 iMac with mini display port to an analog television with s-video and rca inputs?
I assume I use the mini display port to VGA adapter, but I am not sure how to proceed from there.
- Asked by Lloyd H from Eugene
- 12 14, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect my early 2009 iMac with mini display port to an analog television with s-video and rca inputs?)
i have the "newer version" of the 13' backbook. What cord would i need to buy? Whats the difference between the dvi and the display port?
the first time i bought one of the cords it was too big
- Asked by Emily P from Sunland Park
- 04 21, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (i have the "newer version" of the 13' backbook. What cord would i need to buy? Whats the difference between the dvi and the display port?)
No answers yet
Can I connect my 27'' Intel Core i7 iMac to a Power Mac G4?
I have a Power Mac G4 Sawtooth with a Radeon 9800 Pro Graphics card. Can I, with this adapter, connect my new 27" iMac to it?
- Asked by Steven P from Saint Paul
- 02 28, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my 27'' Intel Core i7 iMac to a Power Mac G4?)
What cable do I use to connect my Dell monitor to my Imac?
- Asked by Timothy W. K from Carmel Valley
- 01 5, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I use to connect my Dell monitor to my Imac?)
Can i use the thunderbolt minidisplay port to VGA then to RCA. The reason is when I travel some hotels do not have the HDMI TV yet.
This is for my Macbook Air 11.6Answer
Yes. You will need an adapter box - VGA to RCA/S video - plus all the cables to connect the bits together. Audio will have to be dealt with separately
Is this the adapter for 13" macbook aluminum?
I want to know if this adapter is compatible with the port of my 13" macbook aluminum, because i bought one and didn't fit, it was for the old 13" macbook, please someone answer me, I really need to know, thank you.
- Asked by Monserrat P from Queens
- 02 7, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the adapter for 13" macbook aluminum?)
Yes, I believe so.
I have a MacBook 13" from last year, and it works great with mine!
- Answered by Judah J from Cherry Hill
- 02 10, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this the adapter for 13" macbook aluminum?)
MacBook Air 11 to older TV
I am looking to hook at school an older TV to my new macbook air 11 Before with my macbook pro I used an adapter to connect the port on my macbook pro to both S-video and Composite video connectors so that I could view content from my computer to the TVs, with S-Video or RCA (Composite) connectors.
- Asked by Anne-viviane M from Waterloo
- 11 21, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Air 11 to older TV)
What cable and/or adapter do I need to connect my external speakers to my MacBook Air (original model with fold-down tab with USB, audio out slots)?
The MacBook Air has an audio out jack that fits earphones, but is too narrow for my almost 1/2" round iMac speaker cable. Is there an adapter available for the Air?
No answers yet