Questions & Answers for AirPort Express
712 Questions from the Community
can you hook this up to a computer and use the ethernet cable hook up to the computer like a wireless internet card
- Asked by Christopher F from Lebnon
- 10 11, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can you hook this up to a computer and use the ethernet cable hook up to the computer like a wireless internet card)
What is the radiatioin level ?
- Asked by Ricardo A from Miami
- 12 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the radiatioin level ?)
Does the new Airport Express output audio to 'non-powered' speakers? The product description says 'any connected speakers'
- Asked by Robert A from Colorado Springs
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express output audio to 'non-powered' speakers? The product description says 'any connected speakers')
I can't say whether or not it will work with any speakers in all existance, but it works with a small non-powered speaker I tried and also with Apple Earbuds.
- Answered by Timothy M from Hillsboro
- 07 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the new Airport Express output audio to 'non-powered' speakers? The product description says 'any connected speakers')
I recently bought a Western Digital My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage with ethernet connectivity. Will this work with Apple Airport Express?
WD My book Live with Airport Express
No answers yet
Can I hook multiple devices up to 1 airport express, or do I need an airport for each device?
Can I, for instance, hook both my USB printer and my network based HD up to one airport, or would I need 2 airports to do so?
How do you connect airport express to a wall cable without a cable box?
I have a weak wireless connection from airport extreme in my house. I need to boost signal to garage apt. Can I use the express as an extender?
- Asked by Jennifer M from Sarasota
- 07 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you connect airport express to a wall cable without a cable box?)
Yes it can. I would recommend that you use the new Base Station as your primary and your old 2011 as the extension.
- Answered by Dean S from Encino
- 06 22, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can the use new AirPort Express and extend an existing network with the old 2011 AirPort express?)
I am running an Airport Time Capsule along with an Airport Extreme to extend my wireless network in my home. I have a fish tank control module (Neptune's Apex Controller) that I would like to add to my wireless network. This product does not have wireless capabilities, but you can connect it to a wireless game adaptor and go wireless from there? Would an additional airport express work for me?
- Asked by Joe C from Rehoboth
- 08 6, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (network extender)
WILL THIS WORK ON IPHONE 4
I have an iPhone 4 and cannot stream movies from the internet at my office. Will this Airport Express work?
- Asked by Lee B from Towson
- 10 6, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (WILL THIS WORK ON IPHONE 4)
B&O Beosound 3200 compatibility with Airport Express
I wish to play iTunes from the PC in another room through my Bang & Olufsen Beosound 3200 system. (I already have a wifi router set up).
I'd like confirmation - before buying it - that the Airport Express will link to my B&O system; and also confirm if/which additional cable needs to be purchased.
Thanking you kindly in advance
- Asked by Martin A from Sydney
- 03 30, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (B&O Beosound 3200 compatibility with Airport Express)
Does the AirPort Express Base Station support "Wake on Demand" (Bonjour Sleep Proxy)?
Providing the wireless network is hosted by airport express, will I be able to wake my imac (2013) to access itunes library from my apple tv?
- Asked by Joachim F
- 04 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Express Base Station support "Wake on Demand" (Bonjour Sleep Proxy)?)
does the airport express require a landline phone?
I have a summer home and I don't bother putting a landline phone in it because I am only there for a few months out of the year.
- Asked by Khalil F from Haines Falls
- 09 2, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (does the airport express require a landline phone?)
No, it does not require a landline phone or any other type of phone.
- Answered by Daniel T from Saint Helena
- 10 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does the airport express require a landline phone?)
my only internet connection is provided by a usb modem. Will the usb port to on this device let me use this port to connect to the internet this way?
No answers yet
Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs
My WiFi soundsystem has an Airport Extreme base station and an Airport Express node connected to a Bose sound system. I have a Macbook Pro (2014) and an iMac G4 (the "jetsons" with Mac OS 10.4.11) that is hardwired (LAN ethernet) to the base station. Sound system has worked for @ 10 years until I replaced the worn-out Express with a new one last year. The G4 now appears not to have Airplay capability anymore (I can't find it on Airport Utility) and the G4's ITunes (version 9) will not show multiple speaker options.
Can I restore this G4 back to the Airplay WiFi network?
- Asked by Calhoun B from Mebane
- 07 16, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs)
can you explain this product to me please? also does it give you wi-fi wherever you go?
Hi does this product let you get wi-fi wherever you want it too?