Questions & Answers for AirPort Express
717 Questions from the Community
Does the AirPort Express Base Station support "Wake on Demand" (Bonjour Sleep Proxy)?
Providing the wireless network is hosted by airport express, will I be able to wake my imac (2013) to access itunes library from my apple tv?
- Asked by Joachim F
- 04 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Express Base Station support "Wake on Demand" (Bonjour Sleep Proxy)?)
does the airport express require a landline phone?
I have a summer home and I don't bother putting a landline phone in it because I am only there for a few months out of the year.
- Asked by Khalil F from Haines Falls
- 09 2, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (does the airport express require a landline phone?)
No, it does not require a landline phone or any other type of phone.
- Answered by Daniel T from Saint Helena
- 10 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does the airport express require a landline phone?)
my only internet connection is provided by a usb modem. Will the usb port to on this device let me use this port to connect to the internet this way?
No answers yet
Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs
My WiFi soundsystem has an Airport Extreme base station and an Airport Express node connected to a Bose sound system. I have a Macbook Pro (2014) and an iMac G4 (the "jetsons" with Mac OS 10.4.11) that is hardwired (LAN ethernet) to the base station. Sound system has worked for @ 10 years until I replaced the worn-out Express with a new one last year. The G4 now appears not to have Airplay capability anymore (I can't find it on Airport Utility) and the G4's ITunes (version 9) will not show multiple speaker options.
Can I restore this G4 back to the Airplay WiFi network?
- Asked by Calhoun B from Mebane
- 07 16, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs)
can you explain this product to me please? also does it give you wi-fi wherever you go?
Hi does this product let you get wi-fi wherever you want it too?
Does it extend Wi-Fi range
Does it extend 2wire range?
- Asked by Mohammad S from Palatine
- 12 20, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it extend Wi-Fi range)
Do you have Airport express using 12v dc power supply?
- Asked by Nancy M from Sedona
- 07 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you have Airport express using 12v dc power supply?)
Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?
I currently use the old Airport Express to extend my wireless network broadcasted from my Time Capsule 2nd generation.
Unfortunately, the room I have my Airport Express in, which has poor service to the Time Capsule directly, is not always within working range.
If I upgraded my Airport Express to the newer unit, should I expect to see a NOTICEABLE improvement in coverage range?
I'm specifically asking those users who have used both; do you notice a significant improvement worthy of spending $100 on upgrading my device, keeping in mind this is really only so I can get strong WiFi extended from my Time Capsule and have it more reliable than the extended signal I currently have from the older Airport Express.
- Asked by Michael F from Fair Lawn
- 08 7, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?)
I have an old Airport Express A1084 from the year 2006,, it is compatible with the NEW Airport Express, can I extend my network using my old model?Best Answer:
Yes. Use the newest Airport unit as the main signal distribution unit (internet device is connected to this unit) and use the older Airport unit as the signal extender. Just place the second extending unit about half way between the first Express and where you need the need the signal to reach. And it stands to reason that the farther you move away from the first express the weaker the signal will be even when using an extender.
- Answered by Neal M from Studio City
- 03 14, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have an old Airport Express A1084 from the year 2006,, it is compatible with the NEW Airport Express, can I extend my network using my old model?)
Will the Airport express work with a windows XP computer?
- Asked by Warren C from Wantagh
- 04 10, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport express work with a windows XP computer?)
replacement power cord
hey, my house was flooded during hurricane sandy and im just now starting to move back in.. I realize now that the power cord was completely submerged and is shot.. however the airport itself was not damaged by the water and is in good condition... I was wondering if you can buy just a new power strip or if im going to have to buy the whole new router?
- Asked by Ryan O from Brick
- 02 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (replacement power cord)
How does my stereo receive this signal?
My stereo is a Bozak amp pre amp tuner older electronics. It would need an attachment to receive these signals. Is there an adaptor available?
- Asked by Ronald S from Stratford
- 11 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (How does my stereo receive this signal?)