Questions & Answers for AirPort Express
718 Questions from the Community
I am running an Airport Time Capsule along with an Airport Extreme to extend my wireless network in my home. I have a fish tank control module (Neptune's Apex Controller) that I would like to add to my wireless network. This product does not have wireless capabilities, but you can connect it to a wireless game adaptor and go wireless from there? Would an additional airport express work for me?
- Asked by Joe C from Rehoboth
- 08 6, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (network extender)
B&O Beosound 3200 compatibility with Airport Express
I wish to play iTunes from the PC in another room through my Bang & Olufsen Beosound 3200 system. (I already have a wifi router set up).
I'd like confirmation - before buying it - that the Airport Express will link to my B&O system; and also confirm if/which additional cable needs to be purchased.
Thanking you kindly in advance
- Asked by Martin A from Sydney
- 03 30, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (B&O Beosound 3200 compatibility with Airport Express)
Does the AirPort Express Base Station support "Wake on Demand" (Bonjour Sleep Proxy)?
Providing the wireless network is hosted by airport express, will I be able to wake my imac (2013) to access itunes library from my apple tv?
- Asked by Joachim F
- 04 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Express Base Station support "Wake on Demand" (Bonjour Sleep Proxy)?)
does the airport express require a landline phone?
I have a summer home and I don't bother putting a landline phone in it because I am only there for a few months out of the year.
- Asked by Khalil F from Haines Falls
- 09 2, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (does the airport express require a landline phone?)
No, it does not require a landline phone or any other type of phone.
- Answered by Daniel T from Saint Helena
- 10 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does the airport express require a landline phone?)
my only internet connection is provided by a usb modem. Will the usb port to on this device let me use this port to connect to the internet this way?
No answers yet
Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs
My WiFi soundsystem has an Airport Extreme base station and an Airport Express node connected to a Bose sound system. I have a Macbook Pro (2014) and an iMac G4 (the "jetsons" with Mac OS 10.4.11) that is hardwired (LAN ethernet) to the base station. Sound system has worked for @ 10 years until I replaced the worn-out Express with a new one last year. The G4 now appears not to have Airplay capability anymore (I can't find it on Airport Utility) and the G4's ITunes (version 9) will not show multiple speaker options.
Can I restore this G4 back to the Airplay WiFi network?
- Asked by Calhoun B from Mebane
- 07 16, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs)
does it connect to cable internet
- Asked by Sheila C from Jamestown
- 11 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (does it connect to cable internet)
can you explain this product to me please? also does it give you wi-fi wherever you go?
Hi does this product let you get wi-fi wherever you want it too?
Does it extend Wi-Fi range
Does it extend 2wire range?
- Asked by Mohammad S from Palatine
- 12 20, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it extend Wi-Fi range)
Do you have Airport express using 12v dc power supply?
- Asked by Nancy M from Sedona
- 07 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you have Airport express using 12v dc power supply?)
Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?
I currently use the old Airport Express to extend my wireless network broadcasted from my Time Capsule 2nd generation.
Unfortunately, the room I have my Airport Express in, which has poor service to the Time Capsule directly, is not always within working range.
If I upgraded my Airport Express to the newer unit, should I expect to see a NOTICEABLE improvement in coverage range?
I'm specifically asking those users who have used both; do you notice a significant improvement worthy of spending $100 on upgrading my device, keeping in mind this is really only so I can get strong WiFi extended from my Time Capsule and have it more reliable than the extended signal I currently have from the older Airport Express.
- Asked by Michael F from Fair Lawn
- 08 7, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?)
will the new AirPort Express support audio streaming at rates > 44.1/16?
- Asked by G Mark F from Uxbridge
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (will the new AirPort Express support audio streaming at rates > 44.1/16?)