Questions & Answers for AirPort Express
709 Questions from the Community
Will the Airport Express Base Station work with AT&T DSL?
- Asked by Allison W from Brackettville
- 11 23, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport Express Base Station work with AT&T DSL?)
Is airport express compatible with Motorola phones
- Asked by Eileen I from Snohomish
- 11 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Is airport express compatible with Motorola phones)
print from USB and LAN using 2 different printers?
Can I connect 2 different printers, one into USB and the other through Ethernet cable and be able to print to both? AND can I use this to extend my current wireless network so the printers can connect wirelessly instead of long cables?
- Asked by Robert H from Elk Grove
- 08 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (print from USB and LAN using 2 different printers?)
first of all you need to consider 2 things, one if you are using a pc or a mac. if you are using a pc you have to download 2 programs form the apple web site: the first one called: bonjour for windows and the other one called: airport utility for windows, just make sure you're using the latest versions.
airport utility is used to config the settings in your airport express, the latter program is going to be used to discover and config the printer in your windows system.
on the other hand macs are a totally different world, you don't have to install any of those programs because both applications are already in the OS. there are plenty of tutorials on the web that can give you a very clear and detailed idea on how you can install a printer and set your airport express in a windows system.
thirdly, you have to install the second printer, so as to do this you need to check if your printer has got an internal Lan card or it doesn't have any. if your printer does have one, just connect the printer into the lan port of your airport express, read the instructions that comes with the printer or visit the manufacture's web site for further details on this topic.
but if your printer does not have any internal lan card, don't worry about that just plug in the printer to the USB port in your airport extreme then use the bonjour utility to discover the device and then installed it in your windows pc.
To install a printer on a mac just go to system preferences, then make click on the icon named print and scan, there are plenty of info on the web about this. I hope this can give you an idea.
- Answered by Charles I from Lake Hopatcong
- 08 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (print from USB and LAN using 2 different printers?)
What cable/s are needed to connect it to a stereo?
- Asked by Stewart F from Fremont
- 06 26, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable/s are needed to connect it to a stereo?)
I had the same question and was surprised no one had answered yours, so I went looking for the answer. Here's the information from the set-up guide in the support section for the Airport Express:
If you connect AirPort Express to your stereo or powered speakers, you can use AirPlay to play music from iTunes on any computer or from an iOS device on your network.
To set it up:
Connect the Audio Out port on your AirPort Express to your home stereo or powered speakers. Use a digital fiber optic cable, an analog mini-stereo-to dual-RCA cable, or a mini-stereo to mini-stereo cable, depending on what type of connectors your stereo uses.
Note: You cannot use USB speakers with your AirPort Express. Use powered speakers with a stereo mini-jack connector.
- Answered by Dr David H from Severn
- 09 20, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What cable/s are needed to connect it to a stereo?)
can the air port express take high temperatures?
- Asked by Gordon T from Reedley
- 07 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can the air port express take high temperatures?)
Would this device work with B&W Zeppelin 1st generation?
I would like to stream my music from an iPad or iPhone
- Asked by Oded O
- 11 8, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this device work with B&W Zeppelin 1st generation?)
can we use airport extreme used as repeater router
I am having a service provider wifi router as base station and recently purchased airport extreme.Is it possible to use it as repeater router to expand range of wifi network
- Asked by Milind S
- 05 30, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (can we use airport extreme used as repeater router)
You could yes but unless your service provider's wifi router has 802.11ac, then you are wasting your money buying an extreme. Just get the express maybe? Or, do what I did, disable wifi on your sp's router, connect the extreme to it using an ethernet cable and then use that to run your wifi, adding express units around the house as you go if you want to boost the signal or make use of an ethernet port somewhere else? I found that moving from the router wifi to the extreme made a HUGE difference to the quality and range of the wifi in the house as it's just a much better, stronger and more capable wifi device.
- Answered by Andrew B
- 06 29, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can we use airport extreme used as repeater router)
looking the best solution for WiFi booster for Mac any suggestion??
I would like to get signal from WiFi for about twi miles of distance (in the sea)
- Asked by Michail S
- 06 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (looking the best solution for WiFi booster for Mac any suggestion??)
Can you use the Airport Express system to link to play music straight through from the Iphone to a normal hifi that only has a standard audio input?
I have a speaker system that only has an audio stereo cable input (left right stereo cable) and want to be able to play music through the wifi to this speaker set. Is this possible?
The base system doesn't seem to have the required outputs to make this happen.
Yes, you can. The AirPort Express Base Station has a 2.5mm headphone audio-out port. By purchasing a 3rd-party 2.5mm "headphone-to-RCA" cable, it will be able to plug into your speaker system.
- Answered by Jeffrey Y from Westmont
- 09 14, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you use the Airport Express system to link to play music straight through from the Iphone to a normal hifi that only has a standard audio input?)
I will be in Africa in November. The place we are staying has wired internet. Can I use the wireless router to be able to use my ipad instead of pcBest Answer:
Yes. This product is a wireless router, so by plugging it into the wired network they have, you can create a wireless hotspot with this product to have internet access on your iPad along with other wireless devices.
- Answered by Jeffrey Y from Westmont
- 09 14, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I will be in Africa in November. The place we are staying has wired internet. Can I use the wireless router to be able to use my ipad instead of pc)
Will this stop my Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air cutting out?
Often my Zeppelin Air cuts out even though the WiFi is running fine on my Mac. If I connect this Express to my Zeppelin will it stop the cut outs?
- Asked by Rowan A
- 09 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this stop my Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air cutting out?)
How many Xbox 360's can I connect to my airport express?
I recently purchased another 360 and cannot get it to work with my airport express unless I plug into it directly. My first 360 connects with no issue wirelessly. My ISP told me that my express may not be able to handle more than one 360 with the wifi. Is this just them pushing responsibility on to Apple or is there something I'm missing? If I cannot connect more than one wirelessly, then will a time capsule or extreme do the trick?
Thank you everyone for your assistance.
- Asked by Jeffery K from Roy
- 02 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How many Xbox 360's can I connect to my airport express?)
how many watt does the airport express has
- Asked by Kim N from Honolulu
- 03 22, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (how many watt does the airport express has)