Questions & Answers for AirPort Express
709 Questions from the Community
difference between airport extreme and airport express
- Asked by Barry G from Newport Beach
- 08 22, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (difference between airport extreme and airport express)
how many airport express are needed for home network
I have a motorola router from my cable provider plus an airport express. I just bought apple tv and get a slow and poor signal. what do i need to do?
- Asked by Karen H from New Berlin
- 12 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (how many airport express are needed for home network)
does it support dynamic dns (ddns)
- Asked by Robert R from Kingston
- 10 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (does it support dynamic dns (ddns))
Can I use this to improve my wifi around my house?
My modem is down stairs and I have a lot of trouble connecting all of my devices such as laptop, PS3, Xbox to my wireless network. I'm two floors above my modem will this help me get a better connection.
- Asked by Luke W
- 12 11, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to improve my wifi around my house?)
Will the range on the new Airport Express be stronger than the previous model?
Due to my cable companies decision, my connection box & Airport Express is located in a closet. I sometimes struggle to get a signal everywhere in my condo, which is not very large to begin with.
- Asked by Dennis M from Bloomington
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the range on the new Airport Express be stronger than the previous model?)
Yes and no. In a sense that it is dual band, you may be able to achieve greater range if your devices support dual bands. Otherwise there will not be a major noticeable difference.
If you are having range issues. I recommend purchasing an airport extreme to go in the closet then using your existing airport express to extend the network range.
- Answered by Sean D from Tempe
- 06 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the range on the new Airport Express be stronger than the previous model?)
replacement power cord
hey, my house was flooded during hurricane sandy and im just now starting to move back in.. I realize now that the power cord was completely submerged and is shot.. however the airport itself was not damaged by the water and is in good condition... I was wondering if you can buy just a new power strip or if im going to have to buy the whole new router?
- Asked by Ryan O from Brick
- 02 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (replacement power cord)
Can I use the AirPort Express connected to my modem wirelessly (wifi) and have internet access? Or does it needs to be connected with a cable?Best Answer:
Yes u can. No cable needed
Are Canon printers supported by the new Airport Express?
The CAPT and UFR2 drivers for Mac OS X require bidirectional communication with the printer. That is, as well as sending data to the printer, they expect data to be sent back.
Unless the new Airport Express is different to its predecessors, the USB port on the Airport does not support bidirectional communication and this stops the UFR2 and CAPT driver from working.
Is the new Airport Express compatible with those drivers?
- Asked by Marco T from Castel Gandolfo
- 06 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Canon printers supported by the new Airport Express?)
I using a airport express base station to extend from airport extreme. can i use a second airport express to extend from first airport express?Best Answer:
Yes, you can ! I did this to resolve an issue over the Wi-Fi for the hole house and it works fine in every room! Just follow the setup instructions to make the First Airport Express to be a "bridge" to the Second Airport express. But keep in mind that each bridge you make will loose some speed.
- Answered by Neilor N from Randolph
- 08 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I using a airport express base station to extend from airport extreme. can i use a second airport express to extend from first airport express?)
How can I set up a password on the Airport Express, to make it private/secure connection? I have a Acer lap top, I don't have any other Apple product.
No answers yet
Connect my wd my book live nas drive to airport express
Im looking to purchase the airport express to extend my extremes wifi network. I hoping to put a western digital hardrive into the Ethernet slot on the express, as the express will be in the middle of the house enabling my office mac to share the content.
Hope that makes sense.
- Asked by Richard D
- 08 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Connect my wd my book live nas drive to airport express)
I want to replace my 10yo Dlink Router. Will Airport Express BS work with windows 7 32bit on laptop, and Fusion on Mac Mini running Lion 10.7.5Answer
Windows 7 is able to configure the base station as well as Lion. Now in Fusion, if Lion has a connection, Fusion will install the appropriate network driver into 7 for the virtual machine to get internet access. Windows7 should have no issues seeing or working with the Express, in a VM or a physical machine...
- Answered by Michael M from Elkton
- 02 21, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I want to replace my 10yo Dlink Router. Will Airport Express BS work with windows 7 32bit on laptop, and Fusion on Mac Mini running Lion 10.7.5)
What is the apple airport express
I really would like to know what u have to do to set up create a new wireless thing
- Asked by Julian C from Las Vegas
- 11 10, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the apple airport express)
Does anyone know if roaming/handover performance is improved on this new model?
The old Airport Express had a tendency to 'cling' to wireless clients, particularly iOS clients, when roaming between more than one Airport Express on a network. I've found other access points 'hand over' much better than the old Airport Express (such as the Ubiquiti Unifi) - does anyone know if this has been addressed on this new model?
- Asked by James R
- 06 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does anyone know if roaming/handover performance is improved on this new model?)
Yes. I just connected to two second generation Airport Express's and they now handover seamlessly (tested on a on an iPad & iPhone). My old Airport Express used to cling to them like mad so I ended up having to run it as a separate SSID.
- Answered by Jack G
- 09 19, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does anyone know if roaming/handover performance is improved on this new model?)
I want to stream music to different areas of my house, simultaneously from 1 apple device. (macbook or iphone)
I have been able to stream music from itunes and spotify through a hifi connected to my TV through apple TV.
I've also been able to send sound to 2 outputs from my mac. The 3.5mm output on it and apple TV however the sound is out of sync by half a second or so.
If I bought an apple airport express, could I use this and apple TV to play music (from spotify OR itunes) at the same time and remain in sync?
Or is there a way to correct the output time lapse between my mac's 3.5mm out and apple tv?
What are the dimensions of the new AirPort Express Base Station?
- Asked by Matthew W from Easton
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the dimensions of the new AirPort Express Base Station?)
It's the same size as the Apple TV. The tech specs page will give you the exact size to be sure.
- Answered by Rob E
- 06 20, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What are the dimensions of the new AirPort Express Base Station?)