Questions & Answers for AirPort Express
723 Questions from the Community
can you use the airport express in another country? or on a ship in the middle of the ocean and still be able to get wifi?
Im getting deployed and i would like to be able to skype with my family back home. would this be able to help me?
- Asked by Zacory H from Havelock
- 09 22, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use the airport express in another country? or on a ship in the middle of the ocean and still be able to get wifi?)
- Answered by Lew R from Wall
- 09 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use it in the home or only in the air port ?)
Can I use this as my wireless router when I travel abroad? By just plug in the Phone line in it?
I'm planning to bring it abroad during my travel to Japan. My hotel room has provided wired Internet. So can I just plug the Internet cable to it instead of plug in to my laptop to create wireless for my IPad .
Does it basically just make your own wifi network that you can take anywhere and do you need to add anything to it or do you jut get an app connect it
Do you need any ad dons
Can you take it around
Are Canon printers supported by the new Airport Express?
The CAPT and UFR2 drivers for Mac OS X require bidirectional communication with the printer. That is, as well as sending data to the printer, they expect data to be sent back.
Unless the new Airport Express is different to its predecessors, the USB port on the Airport does not support bidirectional communication and this stops the UFR2 and CAPT driver from working.
Is the new Airport Express compatible with those drivers?
- Asked by Marco T from Castel Gandolfo
- 06 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Canon printers supported by the new Airport Express?)
Yes but there is a delay with the sound. It's just as you are using AirPlay with just audio output rather than both av.
- Answered by Felix G from Rooty Hill
- 06 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will AirPlay stream audio from video? As in playing a movie on a computer and have the audio still in sync?)
What exactly is the AirPort Express?
Am not familiar with this product and the description is a little unclear. Is this basically a wireless router? Any help would be appreciated!
- Asked by Joseph P from New Rochelle
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What exactly is the AirPort Express?)
Yes, this is a wireless router. Apple has offered three wireless routers, the more expensive (costs about twice a much) and powerful AirPort Extreme, the Time Capsule that combines a big hard drive for backup (using OS X's Time Machine feature) with an AirPort Extreme, and this one, AirPort Express. AirPort Express had the added feature of handling iTunes streaming, but otherwise, seemed to have less power and capability than the AirPort Extreme, albeit for a lot less money. This is an upgrade of AirPort Express, and it appears to come closer the AirPort Extreme than the previous AirPort Express. Apple users have found it much easier to set up and use these routers than non-Apple brands, for the same reason that other Apple products tend to be easier to set up and use than others. I don't own ANY wireless router but have been studying them before making a purchase decision for a long time now, and will be eager to see the answers that get posted here to the questions some asked about the difference between this new AirPort Express model and the AirPort Extreme.)
- Answered by Larry S from Brookline
- 06 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What exactly is the AirPort Express?)
Compatability with HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One printer?
Is my HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier compatible with Airport Express? My wireless connection (through Airport Express) quit working yesterday and I got a message saying my HP Photosmart 3210 is not supported by Airport Express. I really like my printer, and this presents a problem for me. Would Airport Extreme be the answer?
- Asked by Margaret B from Okotoks
- 04 5, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatability with HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One printer?)
How long is airport express warranty effective?
- Asked by Will G from Osceola
- 12 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How long is airport express warranty effective?)
What is this? (In very simple terms)
- Asked by Malena J
- 09 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (What is this? (In very simple terms))
Basically this is an Apple Wifi Router. It just does some other cool stuff on top of that.
- Answered by Nicholas H from Panacea
- 10 8, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is this? (In very simple terms))
2 new airport express, 1 avr, 1 stereo receiver
Can i make this configuration?
1. First Airport express connected to my dlink router via wan port.
2. Second airport express extending the First Express wifi network without ethernet cable.
3. Connect at the second airport express my denon receiver through it´s LAN port so i can manage my receiver with it´s own app.
4. Connect the first airport express with a stereo cable to a stereo receiver to airplay.
- Asked by Francisco M from Norden
- 09 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (2 new airport express, 1 avr, 1 stereo receiver)
Can I use a new airport express solely as an access point for playstation 3 to utilize 5GHz? Already have extreme and another express.
Is the transmit rate on this express comparable to the extreme base station?
- Asked by Daniel M from Greensboro
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the transmit rate on this express comparable to the extreme base station?)
Yes, but not the network coverage.
- Answered by Michael H from Arlington Heights
- 06 30, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is the transmit rate on this express comparable to the extreme base station?)
Can this device block inbound and outbound traffic for a specific device on the network?
I have an Apple TV and an HP printer - both are on my current wireless network. I also have metered internet; and I cannot afford to have either of these devices downloading content or updates; all I want to do is prevent them from accessing the outside world, while still keeping them usable by computers on my network - yes I know the atv needs internet access to stream content; but I do not want to stream content from the internet, I just want to stream content from my laptop.
- Asked by Chris G from Akiak
- 10 8, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this device block inbound and outbound traffic for a specific device on the network?)