Questions & Answers for AirPort Express
709 Questions from the Community
Is there a way to access both optical and analog audio outputs simultaneously?
analog for external speaker amplifier and toslink for av system
- Asked by Ed T from Locust Grove
- 06 17, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to access both optical and analog audio outputs simultaneously?)
No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?
My wife and I live in a very rural area without internet. We have a mobile share plan (with tethering) for out Iphone 4s'. I want to setup a wireless speaker network to play my itunes music around the house. Will the airport express allow this?
If I understand correctly, I will need to purchase multiple airport expresses. Let's say, 4 total, 1 for each room I want speakers in and one connected to my PC with my Itunes library? I connect each airport to a set of speakers in said rooms and I can control the itunes library from my iphone via an app from anywhere in the house, and it's all completed wireless save the connections from airport ex to speakers and pc.
please help me make sure this is clear before I go and spend $400 bucks on these pups.
- Asked by Susan M from Monroe
- 01 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?)
Yes! Your music will still stream regardless of having an actual internet connection or not.
- Answered by Sanjay S from Brampton
- 02 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?)
airport express multi amp/speaker/system
I want to just extend my wireless system. I DO NOT WANT TO USE THE AIRPLAY OPTION.
So can I use say Pandora, Tunein etc. and select my wireless instead of Airplay and send the same thing to both my express units? (2) That way I can play to my stereo/ amp /speaker/ volume controlled in two places at the same time. I am not sure my question is clear since I seem to be getting different replays.
I currently have the 1st gen. express and play into my amp vis a cable. I see that amp port is still on the new gen. so I was in hope this can be done.
- Asked by Gary S from Lake Oswego
- 03 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (airport express multi amp/speaker/system)
will this raise my bill?
At this time I have Frontier internet. The internet cant be any SLOWER, the only reason I chose Directv is for the great deal on all the movie channels. When this plugs into my modem will it raise my bill?
- Asked by Zack B from Lumberton
- 02 23, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (will this raise my bill?)
Adding routers to your current cable setup will not increase your bill. You are just extending the range of the signal.
- Answered by Adam R from Ellicott City
- 03 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this raise my bill?)
Does this version allow extending the 5GHz range?
Does this version allow extending the 5GHz range? The version I have only extend the 2.4GHz range
- Asked by Steven H
- 07 18, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this version allow extending the 5GHz range?)
Setup 2010 airport express - how to
I have a new modem router combination and now find that my 2010 Airport express does not connect ....how to I set it up again?
- Asked by Hugh M from Bardon
- 12 9, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Setup 2010 airport express - how to)
Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?
My intention is to stream the music in my I-Mac or I-Phone to my Bose Wave radio which has an input stereo mini audio jack using the Airport Express. Will it be possible? Which audio cable should I buy? Thanks a lot for your help.
- Asked by Fernando D from Weston
- 08 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?)
Yes, you can make that system. airport express can make airplay system for Bose wave radio. but you should know that airport express electric wave can disturb your FM radio frequency.
- Answered by Seong Ho P from 수성구
- 01 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?)
can you use the airport express in another country? or on a ship in the middle of the ocean and still be able to get wifi?
Im getting deployed and i would like to be able to skype with my family back home. would this be able to help me?
- Asked by Zacory H from Havelock
- 09 22, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use the airport express in another country? or on a ship in the middle of the ocean and still be able to get wifi?)
- Answered by Lew R from Wall
- 09 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use it in the home or only in the air port ?)
Can I use this as my wireless router when I travel abroad? By just plug in the Phone line in it?
I'm planning to bring it abroad during my travel to Japan. My hotel room has provided wired Internet. So can I just plug the Internet cable to it instead of plug in to my laptop to create wireless for my IPad .
Yes but there is a delay with the sound. It's just as you are using AirPlay with just audio output rather than both av.
- Answered by Felix G from Rooty Hill
- 06 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will AirPlay stream audio from video? As in playing a movie on a computer and have the audio still in sync?)
What exactly is the AirPort Express?
Am not familiar with this product and the description is a little unclear. Is this basically a wireless router? Any help would be appreciated!
- Asked by Joseph P from New Rochelle
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What exactly is the AirPort Express?)
Yes, this is a wireless router. Apple has offered three wireless routers, the more expensive (costs about twice a much) and powerful AirPort Extreme, the Time Capsule that combines a big hard drive for backup (using OS X's Time Machine feature) with an AirPort Extreme, and this one, AirPort Express. AirPort Express had the added feature of handling iTunes streaming, but otherwise, seemed to have less power and capability than the AirPort Extreme, albeit for a lot less money. This is an upgrade of AirPort Express, and it appears to come closer the AirPort Extreme than the previous AirPort Express. Apple users have found it much easier to set up and use these routers than non-Apple brands, for the same reason that other Apple products tend to be easier to set up and use than others. I don't own ANY wireless router but have been studying them before making a purchase decision for a long time now, and will be eager to see the answers that get posted here to the questions some asked about the difference between this new AirPort Express model and the AirPort Extreme.)
- Answered by Larry S from Brookline
- 06 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What exactly is the AirPort Express?)
What is this? (In very simple terms)
- Asked by Malena J
- 09 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (What is this? (In very simple terms))
Basically this is an Apple Wifi Router. It just does some other cool stuff on top of that.
- Answered by Nicholas H from Panacea
- 10 8, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is this? (In very simple terms))
2 new airport express, 1 avr, 1 stereo receiver
Can i make this configuration?
1. First Airport express connected to my dlink router via wan port.
2. Second airport express extending the First Express wifi network without ethernet cable.
3. Connect at the second airport express my denon receiver through it´s LAN port so i can manage my receiver with it´s own app.
4. Connect the first airport express with a stereo cable to a stereo receiver to airplay.
- Asked by Francisco M from Norden
- 09 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (2 new airport express, 1 avr, 1 stereo receiver)
WPA-2 or Stronger Protection Available?
Just how strong is the security firewall on the newest Airport Extreme?
- Asked by Larry T from Candia
- 02 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (WPA-2 or Stronger Protection Available?)