Questions & Answers for AirPort Express
723 Questions from the Community
What is the new airport express made out of? is that aluminum around the edges?
- Asked by Joey P from West Lafayette
- 07 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the new airport express made out of? is that aluminum around the edges?)
Does AirPort express use wireless n OR wireless n^3x3
- Asked by Brad W from Pickering
- 08 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does AirPort express use wireless n OR wireless n^3x3)
I recently bought a Western Digital My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage with ethernet connectivity. Will this work with Apple Airport Express?
WD My book Live with Airport Express
No answers yet
Are a modem and/or router a necessity in order to setup the express, or can it be run as its own, individual wifi signal?
The place where I want the express is a far distance in my house from the router & modem. In order for the express to work, can I just plug it into an outlet and connect my computer/ios devices to it, or do I have to have it connected to the modem/router to use it?
- Asked by Dustin R from Haworth
- 08 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Are a modem and/or router a necessity in order to setup the express, or can it be run as its own, individual wifi signal?)
Does it extend Wi-Fi range
Does it extend 2wire range?
- Asked by Mohammad S from Palatine
- 12 20, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it extend Wi-Fi range)
Will the Airport express work with a windows XP computer?
- Asked by Warren C from Wantagh
- 04 10, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport express work with a windows XP computer?)
The weight of this current model Express is slightly greater than the older version. The new Airport Express does has an external power cord unlike the the older model. This prevents the Express from being directly plugged in to the wall.
Does the USB port power third party peripherals?
I wish to use the airport express to stream (airplay) music to a hi-fi system.
In order to connect the airport express (digital optical out) to the amp (analogue RCA phono) I will need to use a digital to analogue converter.
The majority of these are mains powered but I am looking at a USB powered one and I need to know if the USB port on the airport express will be able to power a digital to analogue converter as it appears its main function is to connect to a printer.
- Asked by Steven H
- 12 23, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB port power third party peripherals?)
Will this allow me to get wifi anywhere or just at home ?
like can i get wifi in the road with the AirPort Express or only at home
- Asked by Joel F from Santa Cruz
- 08 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this allow me to get wifi anywhere or just at home ?)
(Question is awk so trying my best)
No you cannot use the LAN port to extend your network but you can wirelessly. In Airport Utility choose the option "extend a wireless network" and from the drop down select your time capsule. Everything else should be done for you.
- Answered by Dean S from Encino
- 06 18, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the LAN port to wirelessly extend my physical network created on another Device (such as a time capsule)?)
On a LAN - 1 wired device. On Wifi - not a limit you will be likely to exceed no.
If you need more than 1 wired device, buy a switch and connect that to the LAN port.
- Answered by Bobak F
- 06 19, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there limit to the amount of devices that can be connected by Ethernet or wifi?)
Does airport express have digital input?
Does the airport express have a digital input as well as analogue input? I want to connect to my digital surround sound system with optical cable, is this possible with airport express or will i need to buy apple tv unit? Cheers guys
- Asked by James D
- 06 20, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does airport express have digital input?)
How big is the airport base express station?
- Asked by Jamie M from Gaithersburg
- 03 26, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How big is the airport base express station?)