Questions & Answers for Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter (for MacBook and 13-inch MacBook Pro)
468 Questions + 401 Answers
468 Questions from the Community
Will this adapter work with a MacBookPro5,3 from the U.S.? The adapter I have currently have looks very similar but is white, and the light's on top
No answers yet
is there any difference between the mcbook air power adapter with input 100-240v 1a 50-60hz and the one that has 100-240v but 1.5 50-60hz?
I have to buy an adapter for my mcbook air (magsafe) in Argentina and they are all 1.5 50-60hz, but the original that came with my computer is 1a. Is that a problem? Thank you
Are the 85W Magsafe Power Adapter and the Power Adapter, 85 W, Energy Star the same thing? Is it (Energy Star) a chinese version of the Magsafe?
I am from Brazil, and my Magsafe does not work anymore for it was exposed to the hot sun for too long (I guess). And while searching for a new one, I noticed that the prices are quite different. The description of the cheapest power adapter was that one (Power Adapter, 85 W, Energy Star), from an autorized dealer. Even so, I am worried.
I have an 85w magsafe charger for my mid 2009 15" macbook pro. Will my european adapter work?
The adapter may or may not be from the apple world travel kit I had purchased a while back but it does not say apple on it anywhere so I'm apprehesive in using it as I do not want to fry my mac.
On my magsafe charger it says:
Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50-60Hz
Output: 18.5V_-_4.6A, 16.5V_-_3.6A
On the european adapter piece it says:
Will it work without frying my laptop? Please let me know!!
- Asked by Courtney R from Saugerties
- 07 17, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an 85w magsafe charger for my mid 2009 15" macbook pro. Will my european adapter work?)
Can I use the power connector from an old 2006 13" Macbook on a new 11" macbook air with the MagSafe to MagSafe2 converter?
I have an old 2006 Macbook with the original Magsafe power adapter charger and I'm buying a new 11" Macbook Air, which comes with the new Magsafe 2. I wanted to know if I should buy the optional Magsafe to Magsafe-2 converter? Will the converter work with a charger as old as the original 2006 Magsafe? Could it damage the macbook air at all?
Can I use the 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with a 15 in MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Charles K from Hinsdale
- 03 25, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with a 15 in MacBook Pro?)
I'm using one right now - have been for a month since my 85W broke. No problems so far.. and it's much smaller.
Might take longer to charge but haven't noticed any problems performance wise.
- Answered by Darren C
- 06 26, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with a 15 in MacBook Pro?)
Will this charger work for the MacBook Pro 15" late 2008 Model?
- Asked by Allyson Z from Casper
- 07 9, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this charger work for the MacBook Pro 15" late 2008 Model?)
Yes. I'm currently using this 85W MagSafe power adapter on my Late 2008 15" MacBook Pro (5,1).
- Answered by Gomi L from Pasig City
- 07 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this charger work for the MacBook Pro 15" late 2008 Model?)
I have the latest Mac Book Pro and I will be going to Italy, can I purchase a Power brick in Italy and use with my MacBook from the USA?
250 GB HDBest Answer:
Don't buy a new brick, go to Apple.com or your local Apple store and buy this:
MB974ZM/A - Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
The World Travel Adapter Kit includes the Apple USB Power Adapter, USB Cable and six interchangeable AC adapter plugs for use with iPod and iPhone. The adapter plugs can also be used with Apple MagSafe Power Adapters, Portable Power Adapters, and AirPort Express, so you can plug your power adapter into most electrical outlets around the world.
Hi, does this package come with a UK plug?
Hi, does this package come with a UK plug?
If it is a UK Plug, izzit the long type cable or just the UK plug?
- Asked by Ben H
- 04 19, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi, does this package come with a UK plug?)
Yes, this comes with both the UK plug and the 1.5m cable with UK plug.
- Answered by Nick S from City Of Westminster
- 07 19, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Hi, does this package come with a UK plug?)
Does this adapter work with a MBP 4.1?
- Asked by Christina Z from London
- 10 28, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work with a MBP 4.1?)
MacBook Pro 13" from US needs a power supply. Is the Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter OK & is an adaptor required to use it here and/or in the US?
No answers yet
Yes, it will work with previous versions of the MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Isaiah B from Highland Park
- 04 30, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have an older (3year old) MacBook Pro. Will this adapter work correctly with the older Pro?)
is the L-shaped connector polarized for a macbook pro?
- Asked by Charles D from Lee's Summit
- 05 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (is the L-shaped connector polarized for a macbook pro?)
will this work for my glossy macbook pro 15"
I have a glossy macbook pro 15" and was wondering if this will work for it
- Asked by Joshua S from San Jose
- 11 12, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work for my glossy macbook pro 15")
I need an automobile power adapter for my 17" MacBook Pro. Does anyone make such an accessory and, if so, where do I get it?
- Asked by Kenneth D from Shasta Lake
- 03 27, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I need an automobile power adapter for my 17" MacBook Pro. Does anyone make such an accessory and, if so, where do I get it?)
Buy any DC to AC Power inverter for your car and connect your MacBook Pro with your charger into the electrical socket that would be the same as if you were to plug it in your house.
- Answered by Oscar N from Long Beach
- 04 14, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I need an automobile power adapter for my 17" MacBook Pro. Does anyone make such an accessory and, if so, where do I get it?)
It will work ok, but it wont necessarily charge your battery.,
A Macbook Pro 15 & 17 need the extra power to run the LCD panel, so it the macbook is off, or you have an external monitor plugged in with the cover closed, it'll work fine, and charge the battery.
But - if you are using the LCD panel, one of 2 things will happen - either the mac will run, but not charge the battery, or, the battery will slowly drain, since 60W not quite enough for full running. When the battery runs out, it will suspend, even with the adapter plugged in (and the adapoter will also power off, and not work again until it's unplugged for 10 seconds when this happens).
I have the newest MBP17, with the top spec - and this is precisely what happens when i use my wife's mac Air's 60W power adapter...
- Answered by Robert E
- 05 10, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what will happen if i use my 65w magsafe power adapter on my 15'' macbook pro)
can i use a 85W adapter on something that came with a 45W adapter
- Asked by Darlene L from Casa Grande
- 10 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use a 85W adapter on something that came with a 45W adapter)