Questions & Answers for Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter (for MacBook and 13-inch MacBook Pro)
474 Questions + 405 Answers
474 Questions from the Community
which power adapter do i need for my mac model d101LL/
- Asked by John L from Hope Mills
- 03 16, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (which power adapter do i need for my mac model d101LL/)
no its brand new
- Answered by Josh G
- 08 10, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this a used adapter?)
I would like to buy an Apple 45W portable power adapter for my Mac iBook G4. Is this possible? If not, can my power adapter be repaired?
The part that plugs into the wall falls out.
- Asked by Pamela S from Oliver
- 11 24, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (I would like to buy an Apple 45W portable power adapter for my Mac iBook G4. Is this possible? If not, can my power adapter be repaired?)
Yes. I have a 2006 MacBook Pro 15" core duo and I use its power cord interchangeably between it and my new MacBook Air. Connections are the same.
- Answered by Grant G from Studio City
- 10 31, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Hi, if i have a macbook pro 15inch core 2 duo that is about 2 1/2 years old can i use the new 85w adapter?)
Can i use the Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter in Italy?
- Asked by Kim B from Plano
- 02 12, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use the Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter in Italy?)
You can't. You need to get the Apple World Travel Adapter Kit.
- Answered by Stephen B from San Francisco
- 11 7, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i use the Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter in Italy?)
Is this the right power cable for a three year old MacBook white?
My adaptor seems to have broken for my MacBook white. What is the product number to replace it? Thanks
- Asked by Lindsay R from Forest Row
- 08 22, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the right power cable for a three year old MacBook white?)
The airline adapter works with limited success in the car's cigarette lighter. I've purchased an inverter for my cigarette lighter that allows any normal AC appliance to be plugged in. This is also a cheaper solution.
- Answered by Karl H from Provo
- 11 18, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is there a power adapter for the 13 inch mac book pro that can be used in a car?)
will this work with an early 2008 17" mac book pro "t" style connector
- Asked by Robert S from Glenside
- 11 9, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with an early 2008 17" mac book pro "t" style connector)
Yes. This adapter will work just fine. For your 17" MacBook Pro make sure you buy the 85W adapter though.
- Answered by Matthew S from Prince George
- 11 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this work with an early 2008 17" mac book pro "t" style connector)
Yes, all MacBook and MacBook Pro models from 2006 onwards are compatible with the updated charger design.
Will this adapter work with a MacBookPro5,3 from the U.S.? The adapter I have currently have looks very similar but is white, and the light's on top
No answers yet
is there any difference between the mcbook air power adapter with input 100-240v 1a 50-60hz and the one that has 100-240v but 1.5 50-60hz?
I have to buy an adapter for my mcbook air (magsafe) in Argentina and they are all 1.5 50-60hz, but the original that came with my computer is 1a. Is that a problem? Thank you
Are the 85W Magsafe Power Adapter and the Power Adapter, 85 W, Energy Star the same thing? Is it (Energy Star) a chinese version of the Magsafe?
I am from Brazil, and my Magsafe does not work anymore for it was exposed to the hot sun for too long (I guess). And while searching for a new one, I noticed that the prices are quite different. The description of the cheapest power adapter was that one (Power Adapter, 85 W, Energy Star), from an autorized dealer. Even so, I am worried.
Can I use the power connector from an old 2006 13" Macbook on a new 11" macbook air with the MagSafe to MagSafe2 converter?
I have an old 2006 Macbook with the original Magsafe power adapter charger and I'm buying a new 11" Macbook Air, which comes with the new Magsafe 2. I wanted to know if I should buy the optional Magsafe to Magsafe-2 converter? Will the converter work with a charger as old as the original 2006 Magsafe? Could it damage the macbook air at all?
Can I use the 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with a 15 in MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Charles K from Hinsdale
- 03 25, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with a 15 in MacBook Pro?)
I'm using one right now - have been for a month since my 85W broke. No problems so far.. and it's much smaller.
Might take longer to charge but haven't noticed any problems performance wise.
- Answered by Darren C
- 06 26, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with a 15 in MacBook Pro?)
I have the latest Mac Book Pro and I will be going to Italy, can I purchase a Power brick in Italy and use with my MacBook from the USA?
250 GB HDBest Answer:
Don't buy a new brick, go to Apple.com or your local Apple store and buy this:
MB974ZM/A - Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
The World Travel Adapter Kit includes the Apple USB Power Adapter, USB Cable and six interchangeable AC adapter plugs for use with iPod and iPhone. The adapter plugs can also be used with Apple MagSafe Power Adapters, Portable Power Adapters, and AirPort Express, so you can plug your power adapter into most electrical outlets around the world.
Hi, does this package come with a UK plug?
Hi, does this package come with a UK plug?
If it is a UK Plug, izzit the long type cable or just the UK plug?
- Asked by Ben H
- 04 19, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi, does this package come with a UK plug?)
Yes, this comes with both the UK plug and the 1.5m cable with UK plug.
- Answered by Nick S from City Of Westminster
- 07 19, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Hi, does this package come with a UK plug?)
Does this adapter work with a MBP 4.1?
- Asked by Christina Z from London
- 10 28, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work with a MBP 4.1?)