Questions & Answers for Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
415 Questions from the Community
Am I correct that If I download a full card worth of photos, say a 10GB card, that it will NOT reduce my iPad's memory by 10GB because of resizing? And, if that is correct, how much does the resizing reduce the original volume of data from the card? 10GB from the card translates into using how much iPad memory after importing a full card?
- Asked by Gerald C from Glen Cove
- 08 4, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Memory Usage)
If you have 10GB of photos that you transfer in, it will use 10GB of space on your iPad. But you can get that space back by transferring the photos to your Mac or PC or by removing unwanted photos directly from the iPad.
Also, you do not have to copy all of the photos from the card to your iPad -- you can choose which photos (or videos) that you want to transfer.
- Answered by Dennis M from Wilmington
- 08 6, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Memory Usage)
Does the USB camera and USB connector kit work with iOS 4.2?
- Asked by Carl D from Baltimore
- 11 27, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB camera and USB connector kit work with iOS 4.2?)
Will the iPad USB connector allow me to connect my Garmin 305 Gps watch and transfer data into Garmin Connect through Safari?Answer
Further to posting this question, I have subsequently purchased the Camera Connection Kit and now know that it doesn't allow my iPad to communicate with the Garmin 305. It does, however, charge the watch if that is of any use to anyone.
The issue, I believe, is that the iPad will not allow me to download the Garmin Communicator Safari add-on which allows the watch to upload to the Internet.
Our friends at Garmin need to develop an 'ap'...
On the Camera Connection Kit, it works perfectly with my Canon EOS 5 and happily downloads images and movies from my iPhone 3Gs. It fails miserably when trying to download movies either directly from the Panasonic camera or using the SD adapter.
can i display keynote presentation to projector through usb connector?
- Asked by William P S from Washington
- 06 10, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (can i display keynote presentation to projector through usb connector?)
Not through the USB connector but you can buy a iPad dock connector to VGA cable thats available at the Apple Store.
- Answered by Vikram V
- 08 16, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i display keynote presentation to projector through usb connector?)
Can it be used when the iPad is in Apple's case?
- Asked by Luke M from Eugene
- 04 25, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used when the iPad is in Apple's case?)
- Answered by Kevin S
- 04 27, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can it be used when the iPad is in Apple's case?)
You can import videos but you will not be able to play them. They need to be moved to your computer and imported into itunes. Highlight the video and under the Advanced menu, choose 'create iPad version'. The finished product can be moved onto the iPad as a playable video
- Answered by Randy P from Claremont
- 01 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you use the camera connection kit to import videos directly to the ipad?)
Can I upload ONLY JPEG images and NOT RAW images to the iPad? I shoot using both, but I only want to send the .jpeg imaged to the iPad through this.
This is a deciding factor of buying an iPad, or getting a cheaper netbook that I know will do what I want it to.
- Asked by Joel B from Grand Island
- 05 17, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upload ONLY JPEG images and NOT RAW images to the iPad? I shoot using both, but I only want to send the .jpeg imaged to the iPad through this.)
Yes. When you connect your device to the ipad the photos app opens and you upload them by either copy and paste or going through the options menu and pressing a button that will say something like 'UPLOAD'.
- Answered by Arian P
- 10 31, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i upload pictures to the web without importing and storing on the ipad first?)
Will the iPad Camera Connection Kit be compatible with my iPad Mini 2?
I own a Nikon D3200 and I want to use my iPad Mini 2 for my portfolio, so I need a device to transfer the photos onto my iPad. On the compatibility section, it doesn't state if this device will be compatible with the iPad Air or any of the iPad Mini's. If anyone could help answer my question, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
- Asked by Riana P from Wahiawa
- 11 24, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the iPad Camera Connection Kit be compatible with my iPad Mini 2?)
Is it possible to connect an apple USB keyboard through it?
- Asked by Kelley K from Hemet
- 04 16, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect an apple USB keyboard through it?)
Yes. I have heard of people using it to plug in their USB keyboards in, as long as the keyboard does not require drivers.
- Answered by Stephanie R
- 04 24, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is it possible to connect an apple USB keyboard through it?)
I had wondered the same thing so I took my iPad and 50D to the apple store and tried it before buying. It does work if you connect the camera using a USB cable. It does not work with a card reader. This will prevent you from shooting while transferring photos which is not good if youre a pro, but at least you can transfer them. I don't see a way to upload directly through Facebook's website but you can use the iPhone app. I'm sure there are 3rd party apps that would work, but it would be nice if they created an iPad specific app..
- Answered by Brian N from Orlando
- 12 22, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the USB addator connect with Canon 50D? Is it possible to upload the photos from the camera to facebook through iPad?)
I'm answering my own question here. Yes, now I've bought one I've found out that some keyboards (without extra usb hub ports like the apple ones) will work but the Footime foot controller doesn't work with ForScore since the foot controller uses page up and down to switch pages and ForScore uses arrow left/right.
I've spoken to developers from both sides and they are all looking into it.
Hope this helps people.
No, you can read and write to a card, it's not read only
- Answered by Ethan S from West Lafayette
- 12 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I write to a SD card via the SD reader or is it read only?)
I have an iPhone 4s that uses 30 pin and ipad that uses lightning, if I buy the 30 pin camera kit and a lightening to 30 pin adaptorwill this kit work
No answers yet