Questions & Answers for Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
415 Questions from the Community
Is it compatible with Nikon D90?
I want to know if it is compatible with the Nikon D90 or not.
- Asked by Baher M from Maadi
- 04 14, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it compatible with Nikon D90?)
Will the micro SD card from my cell phone, that inserts into a an SD card adapter also work as would a regular SD card?
- Asked by Juan Javier C from Dallas
- 04 22, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the micro SD card from my cell phone, that inserts into a an SD card adapter also work as would a regular SD card?)
Will the iPad USB connector allow me to connect my Garmin 305 Gps watch and transfer data into Garmin Connect through Safari?Answer
Further to posting this question, I have subsequently purchased the Camera Connection Kit and now know that it doesn't allow my iPad to communicate with the Garmin 305. It does, however, charge the watch if that is of any use to anyone.
The issue, I believe, is that the iPad will not allow me to download the Garmin Communicator Safari add-on which allows the watch to upload to the Internet.
Our friends at Garmin need to develop an 'ap'...
On the Camera Connection Kit, it works perfectly with my Canon EOS 5 and happily downloads images and movies from my iPhone 3Gs. It fails miserably when trying to download movies either directly from the Panasonic camera or using the SD adapter.
can i display keynote presentation to projector through usb connector?
- Asked by William P S from Washington
- 06 10, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (can i display keynote presentation to projector through usb connector?)
Not through the USB connector but you can buy a iPad dock connector to VGA cable thats available at the Apple Store.
- Answered by Vikram V
- 08 16, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i display keynote presentation to projector through usb connector?)
You can import videos but you will not be able to play them. They need to be moved to your computer and imported into itunes. Highlight the video and under the Advanced menu, choose 'create iPad version'. The finished product can be moved onto the iPad as a playable video
- Answered by Randy P from Claremont
- 01 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you use the camera connection kit to import videos directly to the ipad?)
Can I upload ONLY JPEG images and NOT RAW images to the iPad? I shoot using both, but I only want to send the .jpeg imaged to the iPad through this.
This is a deciding factor of buying an iPad, or getting a cheaper netbook that I know will do what I want it to.
- Asked by Joel B from Grand Island
- 05 17, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upload ONLY JPEG images and NOT RAW images to the iPad? I shoot using both, but I only want to send the .jpeg imaged to the iPad through this.)
Yes. When you connect your device to the ipad the photos app opens and you upload them by either copy and paste or going through the options menu and pressing a button that will say something like 'UPLOAD'.
- Answered by Arian P
- 10 31, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i upload pictures to the web without importing and storing on the ipad first?)
Yes you can view NEFs and my iPad stores NEF's just fine. When you hook it up to either Aperture or Lightroom you can transfer the NEFs from the iPad (via import) to either program.
- Answered by Steven D from Burlington
- 04 25, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the Camera Connection Kit support the .NEF format? (This is Nikon's RAW format.))
Can you use the Lightning adaptor with the 30 pin camera kit to import to iPad Air/iPhone 5s and if so how?
I have the 30 pin usb and sd connection kit. When I upgraded to an iPad Air and iPhone 5s, I purchased a lightning to 30 pin adaptor so I could still import photos directly to my iPad Air and IPhone. It doesn't work. Why?
I am disappointed as I was told that this would be a compatible option as opposed to purchasing a new lightning camera adaptor kit!
- Asked by Jenny D from Perth
- 11 8, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the Lightning adaptor with the 30 pin camera kit to import to iPad Air/iPhone 5s and if so how?)
Can it be used when the iPad is in Apple's case?
- Asked by Luke M from Eugene
- 04 25, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used when the iPad is in Apple's case?)
- Answered by Kevin S
- 04 27, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can it be used when the iPad is in Apple's case?)
I had wondered the same thing so I took my iPad and 50D to the apple store and tried it before buying. It does work if you connect the camera using a USB cable. It does not work with a card reader. This will prevent you from shooting while transferring photos which is not good if youre a pro, but at least you can transfer them. I don't see a way to upload directly through Facebook's website but you can use the iPhone app. I'm sure there are 3rd party apps that would work, but it would be nice if they created an iPad specific app..
- Answered by Brian N from Orlando
- 12 22, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the USB addator connect with Canon 50D? Is it possible to upload the photos from the camera to facebook through iPad?)
Will the iPad Camera Connection Kit be compatible with my iPad Mini 2?
I own a Nikon D3200 and I want to use my iPad Mini 2 for my portfolio, so I need a device to transfer the photos onto my iPad. On the compatibility section, it doesn't state if this device will be compatible with the iPad Air or any of the iPad Mini's. If anyone could help answer my question, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
- Asked by Riana P from Wahiawa
- 11 24, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the iPad Camera Connection Kit be compatible with my iPad Mini 2?)
No, you can read and write to a card, it's not read only
- Answered by Ethan S from West Lafayette
- 12 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I write to a SD card via the SD reader or is it read only?)
Is it possible to connect an apple USB keyboard through it?
- Asked by Kelley K from Hemet
- 04 16, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect an apple USB keyboard through it?)
Yes. I have heard of people using it to plug in their USB keyboards in, as long as the keyboard does not require drivers.
- Answered by Stephanie R
- 04 24, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is it possible to connect an apple USB keyboard through it?)
I'm answering my own question here. Yes, now I've bought one I've found out that some keyboards (without extra usb hub ports like the apple ones) will work but the Footime foot controller doesn't work with ForScore since the foot controller uses page up and down to switch pages and ForScore uses arrow left/right.
I've spoken to developers from both sides and they are all looking into it.
Hope this helps people.
Can a usb 2.0 be used in it
- Asked by Haydee Q from West Hills
- 05 3, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a usb 2.0 be used in it)
Yes it can, the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit fully supports USB 2.0
- Answered by Thomas V
- 08 2, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can a usb 2.0 be used in it)