Questions & Answers for Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
415 Questions from the Community
Will the iPad USB connector allow me to connect my Garmin 305 Gps watch and transfer data into Garmin Connect through Safari?Answer
Further to posting this question, I have subsequently purchased the Camera Connection Kit and now know that it doesn't allow my iPad to communicate with the Garmin 305. It does, however, charge the watch if that is of any use to anyone.
The issue, I believe, is that the iPad will not allow me to download the Garmin Communicator Safari add-on which allows the watch to upload to the Internet.
Our friends at Garmin need to develop an 'ap'...
On the Camera Connection Kit, it works perfectly with my Canon EOS 5 and happily downloads images and movies from my iPhone 3Gs. It fails miserably when trying to download movies either directly from the Panasonic camera or using the SD adapter.
More space for my camera...?
Would it be possible to use this connection kit like the old one made for the 5th gen. iPod, so I could shoot and store the photos directly onto an iPad? Or do I have to just take them then transfer?
- Asked by Noah H from Westminster
- 06 14, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (More space for my camera...?)
can i display keynote presentation to projector through usb connector?
- Asked by William P S from Washington
- 06 10, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (can i display keynote presentation to projector through usb connector?)
Not through the USB connector but you can buy a iPad dock connector to VGA cable thats available at the Apple Store.
- Answered by Vikram V
- 08 16, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i display keynote presentation to projector through usb connector?)
Can I use my Ipad Air facetime camera with autocue app at the same time?
I have been doing some 'talking head' type videos using one ipad to film and another for the autocue... the lack of eye contact with the camera makes this arrangement less than ideal.
Is it possible to use the Facetime camera and an autocue app (I've been using 'proprompter') so that it can all be done on the same machine? I realise the quality of the FT camera may not be as good as the one of the other side.
- Asked by Martin H
- 05 30, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my Ipad Air facetime camera with autocue app at the same time?)
Can I upload ONLY JPEG images and NOT RAW images to the iPad? I shoot using both, but I only want to send the .jpeg imaged to the iPad through this.
This is a deciding factor of buying an iPad, or getting a cheaper netbook that I know will do what I want it to.
- Asked by Joel B from Grand Island
- 05 17, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upload ONLY JPEG images and NOT RAW images to the iPad? I shoot using both, but I only want to send the .jpeg imaged to the iPad through this.)
Can you use the Lightning adaptor with the 30 pin camera kit to import to iPad Air/iPhone 5s and if so how?
I have the 30 pin usb and sd connection kit. When I upgraded to an iPad Air and iPhone 5s, I purchased a lightning to 30 pin adaptor so I could still import photos directly to my iPad Air and IPhone. It doesn't work. Why?
I am disappointed as I was told that this would be a compatible option as opposed to purchasing a new lightning camera adaptor kit!
- Asked by Jenny D from Perth
- 11 8, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the Lightning adaptor with the 30 pin camera kit to import to iPad Air/iPhone 5s and if so how?)
Yes. When you connect your device to the ipad the photos app opens and you upload them by either copy and paste or going through the options menu and pressing a button that will say something like 'UPLOAD'.
- Answered by Arian P
- 10 31, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i upload pictures to the web without importing and storing on the ipad first?)
Where can I find a list of raw files the iPad will support?
I have a Panasonic G1 (.RAW) and an Olympus 510 (.ORF) cameras. Does the iPad support these raw files through the Camera Connection Kit?
- Asked by Paul N from Lakewood
- 04 16, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find a list of raw files the iPad will support?)
Unfortunately, the last answer you received does not actually help you at all. I checked here, with Apple tech support and online, and there is no comprehensive list of the type of RAW files that are accepted, nor does Apple actually know. I finally got the camera connector for myself, and can tell you for sure that the Olympus RAW is imported just fine.
- Answered by Scott N from Brooklyn
- 07 9, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Where can I find a list of raw files the iPad will support?)
Yes it does, but only when you set the transfer protocol to Print/PTP (Press the menu button, go to the last tab, change the Communication from PC connection to Print/PTP when the iPad doesn't recognize your 350D
- Answered by Matthijs H
- 10 13, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the iPad camera connection kit work with a canon eos 350d?)
How can I get more memory for my ipad
- Asked by Jacquetta D from Virginia Beach
- 12 22, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I get more memory for my ipad)
There are plenty of "internet external hard drives" in the app store I.e... MobileMe iDisk, Dropbox and many others. All capable of storing pictures, documents, music and even storing .mp4 movie files and streaming it straight to your iPad or iPhone. You would have to pay for a bigger storage account but it's better than buying a new iPad for more space. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Juan S from Oceanside
- 12 31, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How can I get more memory for my ipad)
Can I use Logitech ClearChat USB Headset with the Camera Connection kit?
- Asked by Brent R from Gainesville
- 04 24, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Logitech ClearChat USB Headset with the Camera Connection kit?)
I have an iPhone 4s that uses 30 pin and ipad that uses lightning, if I buy the 30 pin camera kit and a lightening to 30 pin adaptorwill this kit work
No answers yet
I'm answering my own question here. Yes, now I've bought one I've found out that some keyboards (without extra usb hub ports like the apple ones) will work but the Footime foot controller doesn't work with ForScore since the foot controller uses page up and down to switch pages and ForScore uses arrow left/right.
I've spoken to developers from both sides and they are all looking into it.
Hope this helps people.
Does this allow two way transfer TO as well as FROM a USB device?
My real world example: import from my Flip HD camera to the iPad purely as a transitional temporary storage so I can clear the camera down and carry on with it, and either there and then, or later, transfer from the iPad to another device, whether the laptop or (while travelling) more likely a USB Pendrive, with a DCIM folder created to put it in.
- Asked by Martin S
- 05 13, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this allow two way transfer TO as well as FROM a USB device?)