Questions & Answers for Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter (for 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro)
465 Questions + 399 Answers
465 Questions from the Community
WIll the 85W charge my MacBook Air?
I have a 13" A1369 (2011) Air. Will the 60W or 85W charge it faster or do I have to stick with the 45W?
- Asked by Gregory K from The Village
- 01 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (WIll the 85W charge my MacBook Air?)
Will this adapter work with a MacBookPro5,3 from the U.S.? The adapter I have currently have looks very similar but is white, and the light's on top
No answers yet
I have an 85w magsafe charger for my mid 2009 15" macbook pro. Will my european adapter work?
The adapter may or may not be from the apple world travel kit I had purchased a while back but it does not say apple on it anywhere so I'm apprehesive in using it as I do not want to fry my mac.
On my magsafe charger it says:
Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50-60Hz
Output: 18.5V_-_4.6A, 16.5V_-_3.6A
On the european adapter piece it says:
Will it work without frying my laptop? Please let me know!!
- Asked by Courtney R from Saugerties
- 07 17, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an 85w magsafe charger for my mid 2009 15" macbook pro. Will my european adapter work?)
is there any difference between the mcbook air power adapter with input 100-240v 1a 50-60hz and the one that has 100-240v but 1.5 50-60hz?
I have to buy an adapter for my mcbook air (magsafe) in Argentina and they are all 1.5 50-60hz, but the original that came with my computer is 1a. Is that a problem? Thank you
Are the 85W Magsafe Power Adapter and the Power Adapter, 85 W, Energy Star the same thing? Is it (Energy Star) a chinese version of the Magsafe?
I am from Brazil, and my Magsafe does not work anymore for it was exposed to the hot sun for too long (I guess). And while searching for a new one, I noticed that the prices are quite different. The description of the cheapest power adapter was that one (Power Adapter, 85 W, Energy Star), from an autorized dealer. Even so, I am worried.
Yes, all MacBook and MacBook Pro models from 2006 onwards are compatible with the updated charger design.
Will This Work With The New MacBook?
- Asked by Robert M from Carlsbad
- 03 20, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Will This Work With The New MacBook?)
Yes, it will.
- Answered by Logan R from Westport
- 04 21, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will This Work With The New MacBook?)
Can I use the power connector from an old 2006 13" Macbook on a new 11" macbook air with the MagSafe to MagSafe2 converter?
I have an old 2006 Macbook with the original Magsafe power adapter charger and I'm buying a new 11" Macbook Air, which comes with the new Magsafe 2. I wanted to know if I should buy the optional Magsafe to Magsafe-2 converter? Will the converter work with a charger as old as the original 2006 Magsafe? Could it damage the macbook air at all?
Can I use the 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with a 15 in MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Charles K from Hinsdale
- 03 25, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with a 15 in MacBook Pro?)
I'm using one right now - have been for a month since my 85W broke. No problems so far.. and it's much smaller.
Might take longer to charge but haven't noticed any problems performance wise.
- Answered by Darren C
- 06 26, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with a 15 in MacBook Pro?)
Will this charger work for the MacBook Pro 15" late 2008 Model?
- Asked by Allyson Z from Casper
- 07 9, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this charger work for the MacBook Pro 15" late 2008 Model?)
Yes. I'm currently using this 85W MagSafe power adapter on my Late 2008 15" MacBook Pro (5,1).
- Answered by Gomi L from Pasig City
- 07 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this charger work for the MacBook Pro 15" late 2008 Model?)
I have the latest Mac Book Pro and I will be going to Italy, can I purchase a Power brick in Italy and use with my MacBook from the USA?
250 GB HDBest Answer:
Don't buy a new brick, go to Apple.com or your local Apple store and buy this:
MB974ZM/A - Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
The World Travel Adapter Kit includes the Apple USB Power Adapter, USB Cable and six interchangeable AC adapter plugs for use with iPod and iPhone. The adapter plugs can also be used with Apple MagSafe Power Adapters, Portable Power Adapters, and AirPort Express, so you can plug your power adapter into most electrical outlets around the world.
Does this adapter work with a MBP 4.1?
- Asked by Christina Z from London
- 10 28, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work with a MBP 4.1?)
MacBook Pro 13" from US needs a power supply. Is the Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter OK & is an adaptor required to use it here and/or in the US?
No answers yet
Yes, it will work with previous versions of the MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Isaiah B from Highland Park
- 04 30, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have an older (3year old) MacBook Pro. Will this adapter work correctly with the older Pro?)
Yes, you can. I bought my MacBook Pro in Canada, and travel to South Africa every year, where power is 220V at 50 Hz. The Apple power supply works fine there.
You can in fact use all modern Apple power supplies (for iPhone and iPad) anywhere in the world where power is 100 to 240 V, 50 or 60 Hz.
- Answered by Martin C from Calgary
- 02 26, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can my Mac Book Pro charger be used in Africa with just an adapter plug (240)?)