Questions & Answers for Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter (for 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro)
460 Questions + 396 Answers
460 Questions from the Community
is there any difference between the mcbook air power adapter with input 100-240v 1a 50-60hz and the one that has 100-240v but 1.5 50-60hz?
I have to buy an adapter for my mcbook air (magsafe) in Argentina and they are all 1.5 50-60hz, but the original that came with my computer is 1a. Is that a problem? Thank you
Where can I get a Magsafe charger for my 17" Macbook Pro?
My magsafe has developed a faultw hich has made it unsafe to use. It is for one of the original 17" Mac Book Pros. I believe it is 85 watt but all I seem to be able to find is the 65 watt version.
- Asked by Timothy T
- 12 1, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I get a Magsafe charger for my 17" Macbook Pro?)
I bought my MacBook 13 inch in japan, ive been using a simple adapter to plug it in in england. which charger can i use? old adapter=60W
Can i use the 60 w power adopter in india with my New Mac book Pro 13 inches?
- Asked by Srinivas V from Huntington Beach
- 06 12, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use the 60 w power adopter in india with my New Mac book Pro 13 inches?)
i bought my computer in colombia but im using it in europe, my charger is gone, does the country electricity has something to do about it?
No answers yet
As far as I know you cannot buy the UK plug separately. It is included in the world travel adapter kit at £31.
- Answered by Neil F
- 09 23, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i buy the three pin plug part of the adaptor on it own?)
how do I find out which 60W MagSafe charger do I need for my MacAir 13-inch, Mid 2011
My charger cable for MacAir mid 2011. Which cable do I purchased.
- Asked by David B from Madison
- 06 19, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I find out which 60W MagSafe charger do I need for my MacAir 13-inch, Mid 2011)
will the 85w Mag Safe Power Adapter for the Mac book Pro work in Berlin or do I need a power converter
I'm going to Berlin and Milan with my 15" Mac Book Pro. Will I need a converter or
just the plug in adapter to fit the plug.
- Asked by Cecil G from Beverly Hills
- 03 26, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (will the 85w Mag Safe Power Adapter for the Mac book Pro work in Berlin or do I need a power converter)
Can I use this with a 2007 15 inch MBP? misplaced the original cable and I notice this has a different end piece. Is it compatible?
- Asked by Diane P from Fairfax
- 09 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this with a 2007 15 inch MBP? misplaced the original cable and I notice this has a different end piece. Is it compatible?)
No answers yet
Can I use my apple 85w mag safe power adapter in the USA , I bought my MacBook Pro in australia where I live . Iam travelling to NY
- Asked by Lucia N from Sydney
- 07 12, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my apple 85w mag safe power adapter in the USA , I bought my MacBook Pro in australia where I live . Iam travelling to NY)
You will need an adapter to use US plugs. The US uses Type A (two flat parallel prongs) or Type B plugs (Type A with grounding pin) while Australia uses Type I (flat grounding pin and v-shape flat prongs). You should be able to buy these adapters anywhere.
- Answered by Jacob N from Denver
- 08 8, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use my apple 85w mag safe power adapter in the USA , I bought my MacBook Pro in australia where I live . Iam travelling to NY)
It will work ok, but it wont necessarily charge your battery.,
A Macbook Pro 15 & 17 need the extra power to run the LCD panel, so it the macbook is off, or you have an external monitor plugged in with the cover closed, it'll work fine, and charge the battery.
But - if you are using the LCD panel, one of 2 things will happen - either the mac will run, but not charge the battery, or, the battery will slowly drain, since 60W not quite enough for full running. When the battery runs out, it will suspend, even with the adapter plugged in (and the adapoter will also power off, and not work again until it's unplugged for 10 seconds when this happens).
I have the newest MBP17, with the top spec - and this is precisely what happens when i use my wife's mac Air's 60W power adapter...
- Answered by Robert E
- 05 10, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what will happen if i use my 65w magsafe power adapter on my 15'' macbook pro)
i need to no what charger ineed i have the part number
i have a mac book pro and i need a charger
- Asked by Cher S from Panama City Beach
- 11 18, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (i need to no what charger ineed i have the part number)
The 85w charger for my macbook pro model a1150 has stopped working. Can i buy any 85w charger for it or does it specifically need to be for the a1150?
No answers yet
does macbook pro actually use adapter as power source after full charge when the macbook pro is in use ? will it affect my battery ?
No answers yet
need to purchase 220 volt 50 hz
traveling to cyprus, my MagSafe has a US 110 60 HZ , I need to slide off that install on power for 220 50 HZ - will the Apple store carry it ?
- Asked by Sam M from Clt
- 03 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (need to purchase 220 volt 50 hz)
You should be able to just get an adapter plug for the 220. That should work. You can ask at the Apple store. If they do not have it, then they should tell you where to obtain one.
- Answered by Pamela C from Winthrop Harbor
- 03 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (need to purchase 220 volt 50 hz)
does the new design of the Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter (for MacBook and 13-inch MacBook Pro) work with the A1286 macbook pro 15 inch?
- Asked by Stephanie B from Brooklyn
- 05 4, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (does the new design of the Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter (for MacBook and 13-inch MacBook Pro) work with the A1286 macbook pro 15 inch?)
No answers yet
Yes you should be able to. apple chargers use smart charging technology and the macbook air will only take the power it needs.
- Answered by Brian H from Northborough
- 01 13, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I charge the new macbook air with my extra 60W power adapter from my old macbook pro)
60W charger for black Macbook
My charger just died but the new 60W is not compatible with my Macbook black, what kind of charger can I buy?
- Asked by Diana M
- 08 4, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (60W charger for black Macbook)
The new ones will work just fine as long as your macbook has a rectangular magnetic head (as opposed the round ones that the ibook and powerbook used).
The new power adapters have a smaller metal head (as opposed to plastic) and are designed so that the cable extends backward from the laptop as opposed to off to the side but those are just design improvements. They fit the same port and plug into the computer exactly the same as the plastic rectangular ones.
- Answered by Kieran K from Burnsville
- 08 29, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (60W charger for black Macbook)