Questions & Answers for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1869 Questions from the Community
The maximum RAM for a Macintosh has always depended on the machine model, not the OS.
Whether or not the OS will use all or part of the installed RAM will depend on again, the machine and the OS installed.
- Answered by Michael S from Anchorage
- 05 6, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you install up to 16 gig ram with it or is that just a myth?)
do i need the box set for os x 10.6 if i currently have an updated 10.5.8 imac
- Asked by Christian B from Carlsbad
- 10 13, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need the box set for os x 10.6 if i currently have an updated 10.5.8 imac)
no you dont you just need to buy the $29 cd at any apple store
- Answered by Cesar A
- 10 15, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (do i need the box set for os x 10.6 if i currently have an updated 10.5.8 imac)
what os runs on a mac a1283
My hard drive crashed and i can't find the disk to reinstall what o/s should i purchase for my mini server. It is used as a desktop not as a server?
- Asked by Marcus L from Baltimore
- 03 19, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (what os runs on a mac a1283)
Provided you have a DVD drive for the installation, the US$29 Snow Leopard DVD will work. (Even if you wanted to put Lion on, you still need to have Snow Leopard installed first.)
After installing, use "Software Update..." (under the Apple Menu) to bring Snow Leopard up to OS10.6.8.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- 03 22, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what os runs on a mac a1283)
Vision impaired features in the Mac OS such as a magnifying glass.
The iPhone has a magnifying glass feature to help see and place a cursor into text. Does the Mac OS have this feature too, and if so, how do I activate it?
I have WMD and need help seeing text.
- Asked by Eric H from Bay Village
- 10 21, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Vision impaired features in the Mac OS such as a magnifying glass.)
Do I have to buy the Snow Leopard to update to the Mac version OS X 10.6 in a commom store or can I do it by dowloading the product?? here at the onliBest Answer:
Snow Leopard is OS 10.6. It is only available on a DVD. You can order from Apple Store (online or in retail store). (Free shipping from online store if in Canada or USA.)
what airport utility can i run with snow leapord
- Asked by Keith C from Surrey
- 12 31, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (what airport utility can i run with snow leapord)
I have OS X 10.5.8, how can I to Mavericks?
my iMAc is: Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM81.00C1.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.30f1
- Asked by Sami R
- 10 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (I have OS X 10.5.8, how can I to Mavericks?)
It will replace OS 10.5.8 with OS 10.6. It will not delete your applications or data. But may delete Apple software that is not compatible with OS 10.6.
When I do a major update of the OS, I like to play it safe. Create a new partition and install OS 10.6 on it. During the install, the installer will look for other OS installations and ask if you want to import OS settings, applications and/or data from your existing OS installation. (Or, you can skip the import and have a clean install of the new OS.)
Afterwards, when you start your Mac, you can press the option key during startup and choose which partition (which OS) you wish to work with. This is very handy if you are not sure all of your applications and drivers will work in the newer OS.
(To always start up in OS 10.5.8 or OS 10.6.x, select the Start Up Disk preference in System Preferences.)
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- 12 6, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (If I purchase Mac OS X 10.6 to update my Mac OS 10.5.8, will it erase my software when updating?)
No you do not need to upgrade to iWork 09 to use Snow Leopard.
The neat thing about updating your iWork software is the new and intuitive things the newer software has to offer, but Snow Leopard and iWork 08 should work just fine together.
- Answered by Cheryl P from Golden Valley
- 10 12, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (i have iworks 08 do i need to upgrade to 09 to use snow leopard)
What version of Java is compatible with Snow Leopard
- Asked by Lori W from Calgary
- 03 11, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (What version of Java is compatible with Snow Leopard)
I'm runnin a 2010 macbook pro with 10.6.3 and want to upgrade to any 10.8 is my computer able to run this and will it upgrade it so i can run logic 9?
Help I'm new to using macs!Answer
Your 2010 MacBook Pro is on the list of supported models for Mountain Lion 10.8. Use Software Update to ensure you have the last release of Snow Leopard, 10.6.8, then open the Mac App Store to purchase Mountain Lion 10.8.
I have a mac OS 10.4.11 If I get the snow leopard 10.6, will it wipe all or any of my memory in this current existing OS 10.4.11?
- Asked by Segal I from Agoura Hills
- 07 27, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a mac OS 10.4.11 If I get the snow leopard 10.6, will it wipe all or any of my memory in this current existing OS 10.4.11?)
No answers yet
we are a family of 6 and all apparantly need to upgrade our computers to snowleopard, so what is the most affordable way to do so?
- Asked by Ed M from Castle Rock
- 12 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (we are a family of 6 and all apparantly need to upgrade our computers to snowleopard, so what is the most affordable way to do so?)
the best answer is probably to get the family box set and then 1 normal set i dont know if this will work but at least i tried to help
Will I lose QuickTime Pro after upgrading to Snow Leopard?
- Asked by George S from Macomb Township
- 11 20, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I lose QuickTime Pro after upgrading to Snow Leopard?)
- Answered by Mark H
- 11 22, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will I lose QuickTime Pro after upgrading to Snow Leopard?)