Questions & Answers for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1891 Questions from the Community
I have Inter Core 2 Duo with 10.4.11 and do I have to install the full box set of Snow Leopard first before install Lion?
- Asked by Stephanie R from Southport
- 06 30, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (I have Inter Core 2 Duo with 10.4.11 and do I have to install the full box set of Snow Leopard first before install Lion?)
Is it possible to connect an iMac running OS X 10.3.9/System 9.2 to an intel Mac Mini via firewire, to act as a server?
There's a piece of System 9 software I'd like to run and I know it's impossible for the intel Mini Mac to run it. Would using the iMac as a server in an ad-hoc network succeed as a work-around? If so, how would I make it work?
- Asked by Keith P from Chicago
- 03 14, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect an iMac running OS X 10.3.9/System 9.2 to an intel Mac Mini via firewire, to act as a server?)
I have a (first edition) imacG5 (the noisy kind) running 10.3.9 What's the best I can upgrade to (Leopard?) and where can I buy Leopard now?
I have a Mac OSX 10.4.11. and my sister bought a mac book with snow leopard, I was wondering if I could update my mac with her snow leopard disc?
Are you able too use it on a different computer that isnt a mac??
- Asked by Zach G from Longmont
- 03 28, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Are you able too use it on a different computer that isnt a mac??)
spotlight finder: I rely heavily on the word indexing function - upgrade caused it to fail, or disappear
The result was, I had to re-install to my basic Tiger program, version 10.5.7, where the indexing works perfectly. Has it been fixed, so that snow leopard will work the indexing even more efficiently? And will Lion continue this?
- Asked by Albert K from Ukiah
- 09 30, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (spotlight finder: I rely heavily on the word indexing function - upgrade caused it to fail, or disappear)
It depends on how much RAM your MacBook Pro has. If you have at least 1 GB, then you can upgrade to 10.6.
- Answered by Rodney W from Niddrie
- 03 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (If I buy this Mac OS, is this applicable if I using MacBook Pro software 10.5.8?)
i have model m6497 can i restore my system with snow leopard?
- Asked by Tracey B from Parkville
- 10 16, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (i have model m6497 can i restore my system with snow leopard?)
Can I really upgrade to Leopard or Snow Leopard for $29 if I don't want iLife? As of today any major issues with Snow Leopard?
I run Neo Office and the kids want to run Spore, FAMPS, and some other stuff only compatible with Windows or OSX 10.5. Will I have compatibility issues with these softwares? Is the upgrade from Tiger to Leopard without iLife really only $29?
- Asked by Christopher R from Holland
- 02 7, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I really upgrade to Leopard or Snow Leopard for $29 if I don't want iLife? As of today any major issues with Snow Leopard?)
No answers yet
Can I buy snow leopard in Apple stores or do I have to buy it online
- Asked by Kelly S from Haymarket
- 12 3, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy snow leopard in Apple stores or do I have to buy it online)
I went to a store that is authorized by apple to purchase the Snow Leapard and I was told that the purchase can only be done online and I will receive it in the mail, and once I receive and upgrade to 10.6.8, then all the latest upgrades can be done online thru the Apple store. I am waiting for the Snow Leopard in the mail, then I am planning on upgrading to Yosemite. Hopefully I can upgrade directly to Yosemite from Snow Leopard without any issues.
- Answered by Kelley A from Miami
- 12 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I buy snow leopard in Apple stores or do I have to buy it online)
Typically, a clean install is the best path, regardless of platform. It has no effect on the Apple Care warranty. Unfortunately, this is not always an option. There are multiple options for installing OS X; upgrade (which erases your data and software completely, then re-installs it), dual-boot, or perform an upgrade (which may cause compatibility issues, depending on your software, required libraries, etc).
- Answered by Robert E from Lebanon
- 12 23, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is it good to do clean install or just upgrade?? does clean install make any harm to apple care protection?)
10.6 is Snow Leopard. Leopard was 10.5.
- Answered by Jason K from Orem
- 12 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I just bought a MAC OS X VERSION 10.6.2. do I have Leopard or snow leopard)
Will upgrading to Snow Leopard fix the problem of "no sound" after installing Windows 7 Home Premium thorugh Boot Camp?
- Asked by Tina F from Elgin
- 04 21, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Will upgrading to Snow Leopard fix the problem of "no sound" after installing Windows 7 Home Premium thorugh Boot Camp?)
Almost certainly. This is because Snow Leopard contains updated bootcamp drivers compatible with Windows 7.
Absolutely not. I've upgraded my iMac incrementally all the way from 10.0 (the beta version). It was released in September, 2000. None of my content was ever touched.
- Answered by Glenn Graham B from Coopersburg
- 05 5, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (im running 10.5 and want upgrade to 10.6 will is wipe my hard drive content?)
The Snow Leopard disk can be installed on more than one Mac, but you should own a Snow Leopard license for each Mac you install on.
The disk used to come in either a "Single User" package (one license), or as a Family Pack (one disk, but five licenses for up to 5 users in a household).
I believe the Family Pack is discontinued. But the price for the "Single User" package has now dropped to only $20.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- 01 4, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have to install Snow Leopard first on my mac. Is this CD to use for one single person or maybe also another one?)
Can I use the snow leopard software discs supplied with my just purchased macbook pro to upgrade my intel imac?
I was advised in store that the discs supplied with the macbook would be good for one macbook and one imac owned by the same user. Is this so?Best Answer:
No, they will only work on the model they shipped with.
- Answered by Phillip S from North Las Vegas
- 10 17, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the snow leopard software discs supplied with my just purchased macbook pro to upgrade my intel imac?)
if you bought it from apple directly in june chances are it is snow leopard, if not:
apple menu -> about this mac
10.5 is leopard, 10.6 is snow leopard
- Answered by Joseph H from Worcester
- 07 31, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I just bought my mac book pro early June 2010, how can i tell if it already has snow leopard or not?)