Questions & Answers for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1869 Questions from the Community
We have bought the family pack, but we have 6 macs to upgrade. Can we get an extra licence added to the family pack somehow?
would it be worth it to upgrade to snow leopard for $30 even though i have leopard 10.5.8? what are the major new feature that im missing?Best Answer:
Yes, because the snow leopard is the best one out there for 2 reasons #1 it is faster with ur mac since it is 64bit and takes all the advantiges of it, #2 alot of new apps like quicktime x and alot of better things that are faster
- Answered by Paula N from North Vancouver
- 10 27, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (would it be worth it to upgrade to snow leopard for $30 even though i have leopard 10.5.8? what are the major new feature that im missing?)
I m concerned that Snow leopard may alter the performance of Office Mac (entourage, word, power point) installed in my lap top..is this an issue?Best Answer:
I've been using Office Mac 2008 with Snow Leopard since its release, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and limited Entourage usage, all work exceptionally well. I've also received a few updates from MS for Office with good results.
I have a 2007 black Macbook 2.0gHz, 4GB ram, Core 2 Duo. Hopefully this answers your question.
I am running a windows vista instance with bootcamp on a partition that was made by boot camp.. will upgrading to 10.6 wipe my windows partition?
Also will the data on the apple partition be preserved or erased when I upgrade to 10.6.
No answers yet
Yes - provided that you have 1GB RAM (minimum), a few GB of disk space and access to a functioning DVD drive
- Answered by Rodney W from Niddrie
- 03 18, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have Mac OSX 10.5.8, processor 2GHz intel core 2 duo. Can I install OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard?)
Can I install MAC os X 10.6 on my Imac 2.0 Duo Core
- Asked by Timothy N from Tequesta
- 12 24, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I install MAC os X 10.6 on my Imac 2.0 Duo Core)
Yes you can.
Snow Leopard (OS 10.6) requires any Intel-based Mac with at least 1GB of memory.
However, Lion (OS 10.7) requires at minimum an "Intel Core 2 Duo" CPU with at least 2 GB of memory.
(Note: For Lion, be careful when reading the name of the processor. "Intel Core 2 Duo" is not the same as the "Intel Core Duo". The "2" in "Intel Core 2 Duo" does not refer to the GHz speed. I assume the "2.0" in your query refers to the GHz. When you go to "About this Mac" you should see a processor listed similar to "2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo". If you see the string "Intel Core 2 Duo" you can also install Lion if you desire.)
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- 12 25, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I install MAC os X 10.6 on my Imac 2.0 Duo Core)
Do I have to update iPhoto with an upgrade to Snow Leopard or can I leave it as version 9.2.1 safely ?
I have an iPhoto Library of over 70,000 images and there have been a couple of times where some weird stuff has happened and I lost photos. I want to take advantage of a system update but have not updated iPhoto since 9.2.1 for fear of the whole thing crashing.
- Asked by Chris J from Port Douglas
- 04 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I have to update iPhoto with an upgrade to Snow Leopard or can I leave it as version 9.2.1 safely ?)
I have a Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger and I have a Intel processor, Would it be necessary to buy the Mac Box Set or the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard?Best Answer:
IF you are trying to go to OSX 10.7 then you will need to purchase the box set as you can not jump past an OS upgrade
Will up-grade to 10.6x from 10.4.11 erase the WindowsXP? The Win XP is inoperative. Just make it go away.
The Windows XP that came with Mac pro Intel based 10.4.11 has died. The mouse and everything in it is untouchable on the Windows side only. The Tiger side runs perfectly. I would just like to remove the XP and run a pure Snow Leopard OS machine. Will the simple upgrade to 10.6 do it or do I need to resort to more drastic measures?
- Asked by Ralph G from Gilbert
- 11 15, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Will up-grade to 10.6x from 10.4.11 erase the WindowsXP? The Win XP is inoperative. Just make it go away.)
I run OS X v 10.4 have just bought a time capsule but it says i need v10.5 to back up automatically is ther an upgrade or do i have to pay for it
my machine is a dual core power mac used for video editing with F Cut P with 2 x 2.66 GHz intel xeons running Tiger. Can I upgrade to Snow Leopard?
Is it still possible to purchase Snow Leopard upgrade for Mac purchased after July 1? Link on Store page for $9.99 takes you to $29.99 upgrade
The $9.99 upgrade shown in Store page for Snow Leopard doesn't have a "buy now" button, only a "learn more" button. Pushing that takes you to the $29.99 upgrade--can't find where to actually buy $9.99 upgrade.
- Asked by Nancy M from Manhattan
- 12 29, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it still possible to purchase Snow Leopard upgrade for Mac purchased after July 1? Link on Store page for $9.99 takes you to $29.99 upgrade)
we have multiple computers, and need to get to Lion. We'll buy the family pack for lion, but do we have to buy the family pack for snow leopard also
- Asked by Martin K from Charlotte
- 10 25, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (we have multiple computers, and need to get to Lion. We'll buy the family pack for lion, but do we have to buy the family pack for snow leopard also)
I think you should buy the Snow Leopard family pack.
Then you buy Lion from the App Store just once (no family pack) and can use it on all your computers.