Questions & Answers for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1885 Questions from the Community
When you install Snow Leopard, do you have to reinstall non-apple programs?
I use Photoshop CS2 on a daily basis, and could really benefit from the increased speed offered by Snow Leopard. But I lost my install disks for the Adobe Creative Suite-so if installing Snow Leopard is going to delete Photoshop-it's not gonna work for me. Haha.
- Asked by Annie B from Berkeley
- 12 27, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (When you install Snow Leopard, do you have to reinstall non-apple programs?)
No because the upgrade doesn't delete any files whatsoever. It just upgrades without doing anything to the data.
- Answered by Maria Sylvia H
- 12 28, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (When you install Snow Leopard, do you have to reinstall non-apple programs?)
Does Apple still sell Mac OS X Leopard 10.5? I can't find it on the website. Apparently I need 10.5 for iTunes 10.2 so I can use my iPad.
No answers yet
Short answer: No. If you want to, do so, but if you are violating license agreements, do not (you should NOT be violating license agreements in the first place).
- Answered by Tanner H from Salt Lake City
- 10 10, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I've just bought Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. Do I have to register that software?)
I have a Macbook Pro -OSX 10.4.11 2.33 Ghz 2 Intel 2 Duo Tiger. if I upgrade to Snow Leopard will Adobe CS2 still work?
Most interested in using Illustrator - most important and Photoshop second.
- Asked by Lawrence S from Ramsey
- 01 22, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Macbook Pro -OSX 10.4.11 2.33 Ghz 2 Intel 2 Duo Tiger. if I upgrade to Snow Leopard will Adobe CS2 still work?)
will my computer be faster when i install it
- Asked by Mary A from Eagan
- 02 15, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (will my computer be faster when i install it)
Yes. I knew when I bought it my Mac would speed up, but I'm shocked at exactly how fast it got. It's amazing, I would definitely get it,
- Answered by Nicholas R from Los Angeles
- 02 15, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will my computer be faster when i install it)
I already have iLife '09, i just want to buy snow leopard upgrade and iWork '09, is there a deal just to buy these two together without iLife '09.Answer
Unfortunately not. You can buy the Mac Box Set (includes: iWork 09, iLife 09, and MacOSX) or buy the iWork 09 and Snow Leopard separately.
is the ilife with iphoto included in osx 10.6 snow leopard disk
- Asked by Bradley S L from San Diego
- 10 7, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (is the ilife with iphoto included in osx 10.6 snow leopard disk)
Can Leopard 10.5.8 work on my 2005 G5?/ (2)300Gb drives, 4Gb ram, 1.6 Processor(single), would like to know the best OS X platform to use, Ty.
My first Apple build, just would like to know the best platform to use for what I have, thanks.
I have a macbook, 2 GHz intel core 2 duo running 10.4.11, how can I find out what kind of formating Hard Drive do I have? (Mac OS extended or GUID?)
It was purchased in November 2006 as new and I would like to upgrade to Snow Leopard 10.6
- Asked by Eduardo C from Los Angeles
- 11 15, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a macbook, 2 GHz intel core 2 duo running 10.4.11, how can I find out what kind of formating Hard Drive do I have? (Mac OS extended or GUID?))
I have a Powerbook G4 w/ PowerPC processor Mac OS X 10.4.11. I would like to re install the OS to orig mfg settings but can't find disks?. How?
- Asked by Sukh B from Louisville
- 09 13, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Powerbook G4 w/ PowerPC processor Mac OS X 10.4.11. I would like to re install the OS to orig mfg settings but can't find disks?. How?)
will this snow leopard upgrade work on IMac 9.1 running OS X 10.5.8
I'm almost computer illiterate. My macbook pro has crashed (hard drive dead) & I'm now using my old desktop iMac, it's running Mac OS X 10.5.8 Any assistance is appreciated.
Details of system wanting to upgrade are :
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM91.008D.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.44f0
- Asked by Simon J from Pacific Pines
- 06 19, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (will this snow leopard upgrade work on IMac 9.1 running OS X 10.5.8)
I have 10.5.8 and Logic Pro Academic. I would like to upgrade for 64 bit support. Does the 9.1 upgrade to 64 bit apply to academic version as well?
I have an Mac Pro 2009 and a MacBook Pro. Can I install Snow Leopard on both using the one disk? Or do I have to purchase two versions of Snow LeopardAnswer
A single disk can be used to install Snow Leopard on multiple Macs, however you should have a license for each Mac and the only way to obtain a license is to purchase the Snow Leopard disk. Think of it this way: the disk is only the medium, the license is $19.99.
Make sure that your Macs were not released AFTER OS 10.7 (Lion) was released. Snow Leopard (OS 10.6) may not support Macs that were released after Lion was released. Lion was released July 20, 2011, so your 2009 Mac Pro should be okay. There were some MacBook Pro models released after July 2011, so I would be cautious with these models.
I have an iMac model that was released on May 3, 2011, but I purchased from the Apple Store, refurbished, in 2013 with OS 10.8 preinstalled. The Snow Leopard disk would not install on it, but the iMac will run Snow Leopard from a disk that had been connected to a 2006 iMac and had Snow Leopard installed by the 2006 iMac.
The Mac Box Set contained 3 DVDs of software packaged together. Depending on when bought, it included: Snow Leopard OS (or Leopard OS), iLife and iWorks.
If you google "Mac Box Set", some online retailers still list it, but you'd have to check to see if still available at each retailer.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- 08 10, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is the Snow Leopard software the same as the Mac box set? I can't find the Mac Box Set listed.)
I am trying to connect a PowerBook G4 to a TV. What connection cable do I need?
- Asked by Carrie H from South Lake Tahoe
- 10 11, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (I am trying to connect a PowerBook G4 to a TV. What connection cable do I need?)