Questions & Answers for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1869 Questions from the Community
to upgrade my imac and macbook from 10.5 to 10.6 do i need to buy 10.6 twice?
- Asked by Paul R T from Port Orchard
- 09 27, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (to upgrade my imac and macbook from 10.5 to 10.6 do i need to buy 10.6 twice?)
single can be installed on 1 computer. family can be installed on 5.
and no, iLife is included with all new macs (that ship with 10.6 SL), on its own or in the mac box set.
- Answered by Joseph H from Worcester
- 07 31, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the difference between Snow Leopard Family and Snow Leopard Single? Also, is iLife '09 included with these?)
memory requirements for Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Benjamin T from Palm Beach Gardens
- 11 19, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (memory requirements for Snow Leopard?)
at least 1GB of memory
1GB of RAM
must have 5GB of hard drive space available
- Answered by Matthew M from Chandler
- 07 16, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (memory requirements for Snow Leopard?)
I have an iMac 2.16 Intel Core 2 with OS X 10.4.11. Can I upgrade with the $29. version of Snow Leopard? Will Pages 2.0.2 from iWork '06 still work?
No answers yet
Will I have to reinstall my software after my upgrade from Tiger?
- Asked by Charles B from Albuquerque
- 11 21, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I have to reinstall my software after my upgrade from Tiger?)
Does Mac OS X Lion support hebrew?
- Asked by Tami S
- 09 29, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Mac OS X Lion support hebrew?)
Yes, Mac OS X Lion supports the Hebrew language; however, you may not find full support in third party applications. I had trouble with Microsoft Office supporting the Hebrew language.
- Answered by Jason R from Evans
- 10 14, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does Mac OS X Lion support hebrew?)
I have a Mac Book 2,1 with Mac OS X Version 10.4.11. Which newer OS's are available to me. What advantages would there be and what would each cost?Answer
10.6 which is 25 pounds or US$29 or AU$39
The following statement is from the apple website but my opion is it's the BEST OS
Upgrade from Mac OS X Leopard with Snow Leopard, a simpler, more powerful, and more refined version of Mac OS X. It delivers a wide range of enhancements, next-generation technologies, out-of-the-box support for Microsoft Exchange Server, and new accessibility features. It's the world's most advanced operating system, finely tuned from installation to shutdown.
what should my link speed be on my 17" core 2 duo 4gb ram
- Asked by Jeffrey I from Gymea
- 10 5, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (what should my link speed be on my 17" core 2 duo 4gb ram)
I bought Apple iMac in August 2009 and thought Snow Leopard was going to be free when it was released. I have Leopard 10.5.8. What do I do next?Best Answer:
The Snow Leopard is $9.95 for you. You have 90 days from the date of purchase (of your computer) to get it at that price. You can go to apple.com (forward slash) macosx (forward slash) uptodate to purchase it.
You can buy it online, and Apple will deliver it to you
- Answered by Blaise M
- 12 15, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I install Snow Leopard without the CD and just buy and download online?)
Would upgrading my OS help my computer as a game machine?
There are quite a few games that I want to purchase for my MacBook Pro, but I've run into some troubling issues.
Just about every single game I've demoed on my computer can't run well. My Macbook Pro is an Intel Core 2 Duo running at 2.2 Ghz with 2GB of RAM on top of a GeForce 8600 GPU (OS is at 10.4.11), which, in layman's terms, means I have a computer that greatly exceeds the recommended requirements of just about every game that I want. However, no matter what, I can't get the games to run well. Even if I tone down the graphics to the absolute minimum, they run horribly.
So I figured that maybe my OS needs upgrading, but I should probably double check since spending more than $100 for a fix that might not work is pretty demanding. Will upgrading my OS help? Or is it a different problem altogether? I get Mac game demos from MacGameFiles.com, so maybe the demos are just buggy?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Asked by Ian K
- 04 5, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Would upgrading my OS help my computer as a game machine?)
i have an imac g4, 10.3.9 panther, can i upgrade to snow leopard? or what else can i use to make my mac compatable for mobile broadbandBest Answer:
Snow Leopard requires an intel processor. Your computer has a PowerPC processor. The best option for you would be to upgrade to 10.4 "Tiger", or if your mac has an 867 mhz or faster processor and enough ram you could upgrade to 10.5 "Leopard". I used to have an iMac G4 that I could use Sprint mobile broadband with. It had Tiger.
- Answered by Jared S from Sainte Genevieve
- 02 17, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (i have an imac g4, 10.3.9 panther, can i upgrade to snow leopard? or what else can i use to make my mac compatable for mobile broadband)
I bought the Leopard box set which includes iLife and iWork, a couple of months ago is there an upgrade path for recent purchasers?
Recent purchaser of Leopard box set.
- Asked by Martin B from Truro
- 10 21, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (I bought the Leopard box set which includes iLife and iWork, a couple of months ago is there an upgrade path for recent purchasers?)
The only Upgrade path there is is purchasing a license for 10.6 for £25 as there has been no recent updates to iLife or iWork. But it is very much worth doing due to claiming back Hard drive space from Leopard OS!
- Answered by William S from Coventry
- 10 28, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I bought the Leopard box set which includes iLife and iWork, a couple of months ago is there an upgrade path for recent purchasers?)
Is the 29.99 version of Snow Leopard only for upgrades or will it install from a previously deleted disk? My system meets the hardware requirements.
- Asked by James Link E from Abingdon
- 03 14, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the 29.99 version of Snow Leopard only for upgrades or will it install from a previously deleted disk? My system meets the hardware requirements.)
No answers yet
Because they are your personal machines, you may use the disc as many times as you need to upgrade to 10.6.8. As well, Lion you only need to purchase once and you may install it on as many personal machines as you would like. Just sign into the Mac App Store once you reach 10.6.8, Purchase Lion, and you can download it on all your machines.
- Answered by Joshua F from Bowling Green
- 02 23, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the Snow Leopard and Lion upgrades twice, i.e. on two separate lap tops? Or do I need to buy two of each?)
what printer will work with Mac OS X version 10.6.8
- Asked by Karen B from San Rafael
- 04 19, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (what printer will work with Mac OS X version 10.6.8)
which vm fusion version should I use for snow leopard? Will I stil be able to acces all of my present programs and data on my existing windows XP?
iWeb which is part of the iLife Suite
- Answered by David M from Sydney
- 01 14, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a web-publishing tool made by apple, like an iWork version of dreamweaver?)
Do I have to re-install vmware when I install snow leopard?
- Asked by Barry A from St. Catharines
- 11 28, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I have to re-install vmware when I install snow leopard?)
Short Answer: No
Snow leopard is automatically install as an upgrade from OS X 10.5 leopard. Unless you erase your hard drive, everything will be the same (aside from the OS) after you upgrade.
- Answered by Cody T from Pearland
- 10 16, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do I have to re-install vmware when I install snow leopard?)