Questions & Answers for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1888 Questions from the Community
can I design a floorplan with this software?
how can I design a floorplan with a MAC?
- Asked by Katrina B from Denver
- 01 30, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (can I design a floorplan with this software?)
does mac os 10.6.6 support hfs system
- Asked by Advaith G
- 02 23, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (does mac os 10.6.6 support hfs system)
Snow Leopard will read HFS formatted partitions, but will not write to them.
More details here:
(replace each "DOT" with ".")
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- 02 25, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does mac os 10.6.6 support hfs system)
I want reseat my computer, if I instal the Mac OS X, can I do it?
- Asked by Hugo M from Weston
- 10 26, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I want reseat my computer, if I instal the Mac OS X, can I do it?)
will it affect imovie 6hd.
I use that version of imovie to make & edit my videos.
- Asked by Patty F from North Hills
- 01 20, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (will it affect imovie 6hd.)
do I lose my data on my MAC with this upgrade
I currently have Mac OSC version 10.5.8. How do I save my files--Photo, Word, Excel, etc., when I upgrade to 10.6?
- Asked by Carolyn A R from Oakland
- 04 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (do I lose my data on my MAC with this upgrade)
I have Mac OS X version 10.4.11: do I buy Leopard or Snow Leopard?
I received an IPhone3G yesterday and am trying to set up ITunes, which states I must have Snow Leopard or Leopard to accomplish certain aspects. What do I do?
- Asked by Katherine M from Houston
- 12 26, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (I have Mac OS X version 10.4.11: do I buy Leopard or Snow Leopard?)
Snow leopard if you have an Intel processor. Leopard if you have a PowerPC processor faster than 857 MHz. No upgrade available of you have a PowerPC processor 866 MHz or slower.
- Answered by Sally M from Saint Louis
- 04 8, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have Mac OS X version 10.4.11: do I buy Leopard or Snow Leopard?)
My MacBook Pro is running Mac OS X 10.4.11 with an Intel processor. Do I have to get the box set or can I just get Snow Leopard by itself?
I don't really have much use for the programs that come with it in the box set so it's seems silly to spend all that money getting it when I can just get Snow Leopard on its own.
- Asked by Jessica N from Bayonne
- 11 22, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (My MacBook Pro is running Mac OS X 10.4.11 with an Intel processor. Do I have to get the box set or can I just get Snow Leopard by itself?)
This upgrade is in violation of the license agreement, but will work without any issues.
According to the Snow Leopard review written by Walt Mossberg this has been acknowledged by Apple.
- Answered by John G from Canberra
- 11 27, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (My MacBook Pro is running Mac OS X 10.4.11 with an Intel processor. Do I have to get the box set or can I just get Snow Leopard by itself?)
I have a G4 desktop running os 9.2 and want to use it as an Itunes interface for an ipad and an iphone 4 what do i need to do to make this work?
No answers yet
my computer has 10.5.8 i need 10.6 above to connect itunes to ipad will this work with this software. intel core 2 duo 4 gb 1067mhz
- Asked by Kulvinder K from Wolverhampton
- 11 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (my computer has 10.5.8 i need 10.6 above to connect itunes to ipad will this work with this software. intel core 2 duo 4 gb 1067mhz)
I am running 10.5.8 and want to upgrade to Lion in july but i need Snow leopard to download. Can i skip snow leopard and just get Lion?
I am running 10.5.8 and want to upgrade to Lion.
Anyone knows if i need to purchased Snow Leopard first ?
or buying Lion would skip that step ?Best Answer:
You need to upgrade from Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6.6 or later).
You need to install Snow Leopard 10.6 first, then upgrade to
Lion or Mtn Lion from the Apple menu. The Snow Leopard CD
is available on the Apple Store.
- Answered by Brian S B from Los Angeles
- 11 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How to migrate from Mac OS X 10.4.6 to Mac OS X Lion on a MacBook Pro ?)
no. not unless you have a windows emulator or the games are mac compatable
I have Mac OS X 10.4.11, processor 2GHz Core Duo,What do I need if I want to upgrade to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard? Thank you :)Best Answer:
If you have at least 1GB Ram you can install Snow Leopard. You can use any Snow Leopard DVD. I upgraded the same system to Snow Leopard.
1) Cloned the hard drive partition with OS 10.4.11 to an external hard drive and made sure I could start up from that hard drive.
2) Used the US$29 DVD and did a clean install of Snow Leopard onto the "old" partition. Instructions on doing a clean install are here:
(replace each "DOT" with ".").
During install you will be asked if you want to import your OS settings, applications and/or files from the external hard drive. Do this so all your email settings and applications are ready to go after installation.
3) When you restart in Snow Leopard do a software update to bring Snow Leopard up to the latest version (which is now 10.6.6). This is much more stable than earlier versions.
4) All my apps continue to work. But I did have to get updated printer drivers from printer manufacturers. Until I could get the updated printer drivers, I could still start up from OS 10.4.11 on the external hard drive to use the printers in the meantime.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- 03 4, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have Mac OS X 10.4.11, processor 2GHz Core Duo,What do I need if I want to upgrade to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard? Thank you :))
powerpoint on 10 .6 .8
I have a macbook pro OS 10 .6 .8
I have created many power point presenations on it but today, I get a message saying it won't work. I don't want to upgrade my system right now, how can I create a ppt?
- Asked by Catherine V from Victoria
- 05 20, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (powerpoint on 10 .6 .8)
Only Apple hardware can have an Apple operating system. Snow leopard requires a mac mini, Imac, macbook, macbook pro, mac pro that has a "core" (intel) processor. You can find this by clicking on the apple on the top left and clicking "about this mac" If the processor does not say "intel" you can only upgrade to leopard (10.5)
- Answered by David R from El Paso
- 04 15, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I am having assembled system my own configuration, is it possible to install mac os X on it........)
Sure. The DVD contains the same installer.
- Answered by Paul S from Brooklyn
- 11 22, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I purchase the Snow Leopard software in the UK and then install the system onto my USA macbook?)
Will my Macbook run Snow Leopard if I buy it?
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MB51.007D.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.32f8
Serial Number (system): W8852BMK1AQ
Hardware UUID: 3485F0D8-03B8-5CA8-9894-7B92234771E3
Sudden Motion Sensor:
- Asked by Daniel H from El Paso
- 03 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my Macbook run Snow Leopard if I buy it?)