Questions & Answers for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1888 Questions from the Community
Yes 5 users for 49.99
- Answered by Lynn H from Syracuse
- 07 15, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have the single user upgrade for Snow Leopard. Can I upgrade it to a family pack?)
i have10.4.11version what do I DO TO UPGRADE TO MOUNTAIN LION?
Im trying to upgrade old powerbook g4
- Asked by Stephen P from Livonia
- 12 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (i have10.4.11version what do I DO TO UPGRADE TO MOUNTAIN LION?)
A powerbook G4 can not be upgraded to Mountain Lion. I think the furthest a G4 processor can go is Leopard (OS 10.5).
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- 12 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (i have10.4.11version what do I DO TO UPGRADE TO MOUNTAIN LION?)
Should I get Snow Leopard for my Mac Book Pro (2007) or will it be too much for it?
I'm mainly concerned about memory and hard drive space. Will I need to upgraqde all of that or is it (memory & hard drive) upgradable?
- Asked by Kris W from Lebanon
- 04 1, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Should I get Snow Leopard for my Mac Book Pro (2007) or will it be too much for it?)
can iphoto or aperture 3 handle nikon nef files correctly or do I need to load nx 2 on my new Mac. I am a new Mac user have always had PC. Thanks
- Asked by Ernie B from Battle Ground
- 01 10, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (can iphoto or aperture 3 handle nikon nef files correctly or do I need to load nx 2 on my new Mac. I am a new Mac user have always had PC. Thanks)
Will I be able to have the same Iweb site when I get a new computer?
I'm currently on a Macbook G4 10.4.11 and I'm going to buy a new Macbook Pro. I have done a lot of work on my website in Iweb and I'm wondering If I'll still have access to edit this website when I get my new computer. Can I still edit and update the same website in Iweb on the new Macbook Pro that I've been editing on my Macbook?
- Asked by Tim K from Miami
- 02 3, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I be able to have the same Iweb site when I get a new computer?)
Do I need my old media to install 10.6 upgrade?
I have 10.5 family pack media, but the disc is scratched beyond use. Thanks!
- Asked by John M from Bath
- 02 23, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need my old media to install 10.6 upgrade?)
You will not have to reinstall anything. Parallels should work after you install Snow Leopard. In fact it should run faster since Snow Leopard uses 64-bit computing.
Now for Windows. Windows will not be infected at all. Both for Boot Camp and Parallels. All of your personal data, including the virtual drive holding Windows, will not be affected in anyway. Unless you happen to crash your hard drive, which is very unlikely.
- Answered by Jerry P from Fayetteville
- 11 5, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (If I upgrade to snow leopard, will I have to re-install parallels & windows?)
I have version 10.8.6 on my macbook air 1.7 GHz intel core i5. What does this mean? Can I go straight to Mountain lion????Or do I have it already?
i have a macbook running mac ox 10.4 but want to upgrade to 10.6 as need som app that just run on this. it got a Intel Core 2 Duo. can i do this .Answer
The Family Pack covers 5 Macs in the same household.
- Answered by Mike B from Roswell
- 10 17, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how many computers does the family licence cover?)
The graphics will not do anything, but you will get every single feature in Snow Leopard.
- Answered by Matthew M from Pleasanton
- 03 9, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (i have a mid 2007 10.5.8 with a GMA 950 graphics card, will ! benefit by updating to snow leopard)
I purchased my Imac on the 17th July from online Apple Store, I live in Scotland UK do I qualify for the discounted price of Snow Leopard