Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
527 Questions from the Community
what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter
- Asked by Pedro N from Duncanville
- 03 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter)
It all depends what you want to connect your apple device to. Look at the connector ends of each cable and figure out if you have something that will match the plug.
The apple vga adapter goes from the ipad/iphone type "apple" connector to a VGA connection - the kind you would have to connect to a computer monitor. (Some people who travel to do speeches need this to display their presentation on a big presentation screen)
The apple digital av adapter has one end that connects to your apple device and the other end connects to an HDMI cable to attach to an HDMI TV. If you dont have an HDMI connection on your tv, it won't work. You also need an HDMI cable that you can get at any TV/electronics store (best buy, radio shack etc)
Apple also sells component and composite cables for ipod/iphone connections AND they sell similar cables that will connect your tv to a firewire or dvi port on a laptop.
Look at the device you want to connect with (your tv?) first and find out what kind of connections it has. Then you will know what connector AND what cable to buy.
If you have a compatible ipod or iphone with the apple connector and you have an HDMI cable to connect to your HDMI TV, buy the apple digital av adapter.
- Answered by Libby G from Redlands
- 03 19, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter)
What is the length of the cable from the composite inputs to the iPod input and what is the length of the cable that has a USB port at the end of it?Best Answer:
Its about 2 metres. (6 feet)
The audio will work (99% sure) because the converter between Lightning and 30 pin supports analog audio out. The video (yellow cable) will not work :(
As far as I can tell, there is no way to support composite video on the iphone 5 without using an expensive converter box from VGA or HDMI.
- Answered by Jerry R from Portsmouth
- 10 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Apple Composite AV cable work with an iPhone 5 -- with an adapter? Or will the analog audio be a problem?)
Streaming NFL Sunday Ticket
By using the AV cable, could I stream NFL games from my iPad to TV via the Sunday Ticket app? I currently watch live games through the NFL Sunday Ticket app, but would like to project these games to a larger screen. Please let me know. Thanks.
- Asked by Molly K from Washington
- 10 2, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Streaming NFL Sunday Ticket)
Verizon is my carrier on my iPhone 4S, which is updated to iOS9. Verizon subscribers are now able to watch live NFL games for free via the NFL Mobile by Verizon APP. I'm able to watch live NFL games from my phone, projected onto my 48" Sony HD TV through my AppleTV using AirPlay. It didn't work at first, it was giving me the "Video isn't available for external sources" type error, which is a restriction in place by Verizon/NFL. But, I turned OFF Mirroring in AirPlay and it works! Perhaps the restriction is to make sure you are not watching it on two devices at once? The picture projected on my TV through the AppleTV is great - FULL screen HD. Now, the only downfall is when I go to use ANY other feature on my phone - phone calls, messaging, another APP or ANYTHING, the projection to the TV is cut out while I'm using them. When I'm done using them, I have to go back into AirPlay and touch the NFL Mobile App to re-project it.
- Answered by John G from Fox Lake
- 10 5, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Streaming NFL Sunday Ticket)
Can I hook iPad to tv and see Skype on the tv
- Asked by Tim B from Scarborough
- 10 24, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I hook iPad to tv and see Skype on the tv)
Yes, it is. The TV must have an available A/V Input (with female RCA jacks).
Just plug the adapter cable in and set the TV "Source" to that input. If your iPod or iPhone is set up correctly, you simply play your video and it is sent out to the TV.
- Answered by Christopher M from Houston
- 12 29, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is the cable compatible to connect to a CRT (tube) television. Other words not being a flat screen television)
Can this cable be used to connect the Apple TV to a TV set via USB?
Or does Apple TV need to be connected to the TV via the HDMI port (plus an adapter to connect the HDMI cable to the Composite cable)?
- Asked by Scott W from Glasgow
- 12 19, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable be used to connect the Apple TV to a TV set via USB?)
With this cable connector, would I be able to stream Netflix movies from my iPhone or iPad to my tv?
- Asked by Justin B from Niagara Falls
- 10 26, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (With this cable connector, would I be able to stream Netflix movies from my iPhone or iPad to my tv?)
Yes, just set your video settings on your device to output and you can view netflix on your television
- Answered by Veronica S from Accokeek
- 10 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (With this cable connector, would I be able to stream Netflix movies from my iPhone or iPad to my tv?)
What is the length of the composite video cable for iPod / iPhone?
- Asked by Sean L from Lafayette
- 03 16, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the length of the composite video cable for iPod / iPhone?)
It's about 1.5 meters
- Answered by Marc B
- 12 12, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the length of the composite video cable for iPod / iPhone?)
I have a new Toyota AyGo which has a MirrorLink display. I'm told you need to use the Appincar. Where do I get the special cable?
I have an iPhone 5s so it must work with the lightning connector. I think the cable connects the phone to both the USB and aux in sockets.
I have the Appincar app but I need the cable as wellBest Answer:
Unfortunately, MirrorLink is only compatible with the Iphone 4 and 4S.
Trying to get it working with anything newer, is just going to leave you with hours of frustration.
Best option is to email Pioneer and Toyota to complain.
Great question. But the answer is no. You'd think attaching a "Lightning to 30-pin Adapter" to an iPad with Retina Display, then attaching the "Apple Composite AV Cable" would work right? Because they all connect. HOWEVER, Apple states "Video output not supported" by the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter. So you'd get audio but no video. Apple needs to come out with a "Lightning to Composite AV Cable" for older TV's (non-HDMI/HDTV). Oh well ... Your best bet is to get the Lightning Digital AV Adapter - it works great - with an HDMI/HDTV.
- Answered by Stephen G from Hilo
- 03 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does the av composite cables work with the ipad with retina display)
does this include the wall charger?
- Asked by Jerry A from Baton Rouge
- 12 31, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (does this include the wall charger?)
Yes, a 5 watt power brick is included, and the cable has a USB connector to plug into the brick.
- Answered by Derek M from Ely
- 01 12, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does this include the wall charger?)
It works with any TV that has composite inputs (just about every TV).
- Answered by Robert S from Richmond
- 05 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Would this also work with a LG tv or does it only work with apple tvs??)
Can I watch youtube videos on TV with this av cable?
- Asked by Cesar R from New Hyde Park
- 04 29, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch youtube videos on TV with this av cable?)
- Answered by Gus G from Palm Harbor
- 08 25, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch youtube videos on TV with this av cable?)
What adaptor do I need to use face time from my iPod touch to the tv
I have an I pod touch I would like to use face time to chat but the screen is to small is there any way to display and chat through the TV over wifi hopefully charging at the same time
- Asked by Jan M
- 09 6, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (What adaptor do I need to use face time from my iPod touch to the tv)
I think I have found the answer. Instead of accessing iplayer through the iplayer app, do it through safari. This seems to work for me. Good luck
- Answered by Suzanne T
- 06 4, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i use the cable to watch BBC iPlayer through my tv from my iPad?)
I have dish network as my satellite provider, I have the dish network app on my iphone, will these cable play my dish network from my iphone to my tv
basically I want to watch dish network from my iphone into a larger tv, I know youtube you can, and netflix I can play only sound not video, Im only concerned if dish network will work out to my tv on my boat?Best Answer:
No it will not send video out on the A/V cable just sound!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Dish Network will upgrade there app
Can I use these cables to watch videos I have downloaded on an app (NOT the videos app that comes with your iPod)?
I have several movies on an app, separate from the videos app that comes with your ipod. Am I able to play them on my tv using these cables or do the videos have to be in your ipod video app to play them on your tv? ...also, can you view pictures on your tv using these cables? What about videos you have saved to your photos?
If you can answer any of these questions, that would be great! Thanks!
- Asked by Kelsey G from Media
- 12 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use these cables to watch videos I have downloaded on an app (NOT the videos app that comes with your iPod)?)
yes. you can play them on your TV without putting them into you video app.
to give you a straight forward answer. The cables' function is transfer anything appear in your advice into TV screen
Hope this helps your problem
- Answered by Chang Y from Montverde
- 01 5, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use these cables to watch videos I have downloaded on an app (NOT the videos app that comes with your iPod)?)
That won't be a problem as long as your video player has composite inputs, then it will work for that without a problem
- Answered by Dorothy J from Nacogdoches
- 05 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this cable to play movies from my iPad 2 thru my Honda Odyssey video player?)
Does this allow display mirroring of the iPad first generation?
- Asked by Winecito T from Manila
- 08 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this allow display mirroring of the iPad first generation?)
No. I just tried it and it does not do display mirroring. It pretty much only allows you to watch videos on an external monitor.
- Answered by Peter K from Bend
- 09 27, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this allow display mirroring of the iPad first generation?)