Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
527 Questions from the Community
What is the best cable to use to hook up iPad to Bose wave system?
I am seeking the best sound quality someone said I should use a airport express?
- Asked by Kristen I from Downingtown
- 12 21, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best cable to use to hook up iPad to Bose wave system?)
The iWires 3.5mm cable will be the easiest way to connect to a Bose wave system without using the Bose Wave connect kit. No adapters needed simply connect the cable from your iPad 3.5mm Jack into the Headphone input on the rear of the Wave system. This should provide decent quality audio providing you adjust the volume on your iPad to a level that does not cause distortion when using the Wave system at high volume levels.
Alternatively you could purchase the Bose Wave Connect Kit which is specifically designed for iDevices but it will no doubt be the most expensive option & I doubt the difference in audio quality will be worth the extra expense.
- Answered by Jamie H
- 01 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the best cable to use to hook up iPad to Bose wave system?)
Would I be able to watch shows that I stream through my Verizon Fios App with these cables connected to my tv?
I currently watch shows on my ipad 2 that stream live through the app while my husband is watching something else on the tv. Could I hook my ipad to a tv in a different room and essentially watch live cable tv?
- Asked by Bethany P from Severn
- 09 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Would I be able to watch shows that I stream through my Verizon Fios App with these cables connected to my tv?)
I'm not sure about all that will work, but I can report that the Verizon FIOS mobile application coupled with the Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter will not permit streaming home DVR recordings (using the new Verizon FIOS Mobile application) from an iPad to a television. A message appears when this is tried that it will allow streaming Live TV and On Demand but not streaming from "your media server" (Verizon talk for its FIOS DVR system). Clearly this is a legal restriction, not a technical problem and Apple and Verizon have agreed to include circuitry/software which restricts this use. Its disappointing as I had hoped that my very expensive Verizon FIOS Quantum subscription together with the Apple $50 adapter would permit me to view my recordings while vacationing for a month in Florida. Sometimes you don't get what you pay for, unfortunately.
- Answered by Richard W from Pittsburgh
- 02 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Would I be able to watch shows that I stream through my Verizon Fios App with these cables connected to my tv?)
I have dish network as my satellite provider, I have the dish network app on my iphone, will these cable play my dish network from my iphone to my tv
basically I want to watch dish network from my iphone into a larger tv, I know youtube you can, and netflix I can play only sound not video, Im only concerned if dish network will work out to my tv on my boat?Best Answer:
No it will not send video out on the A/V cable just sound!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Dish Network will upgrade there app
Yes you can. Works best with a big hd tv.
- Answered by Ryan L from Brampton
- 12 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch FaceTime on my TV with composite input from my iPhone4 when using this cable?)
What is the length of the composite video cable for iPod / iPhone?
- Asked by Sean L from Lafayette
- 03 16, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the length of the composite video cable for iPod / iPhone?)
It's about 1.5 meters
- Answered by Marc B
- 12 12, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the length of the composite video cable for iPod / iPhone?)
- Answered by Matthew B from L
- 06 14, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will-the-apple-composite-av-cable-work-with-an-iphone 6 plus with-an-adapter)
is there a av cable with the lightning connector
I have a new ipad and would like to get a av cable to watch movies on my tv. the only cables i see is a thirty pin and an adaptor for the lightning. is there a av cable with the lightning connector or do i have to spend another thirty dollars to get the adaptor from thirty pin to the lightning
- Asked by John O from Coxsackie
- 01 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a av cable with the lightning connector)
I have the same problem - I have iPhone5 and iPod touch 5th gen and I want to watch iTunes music videos and other movies on my car dvd player (for the kids etc) and my dvd player only has AV inputs. I was told by Apple that the only video out cable for these devices is HDMI, they don't support AV.
Don't bother with the 30 pin to lightening adaptor to connect to the Composite AV cable. It only outputs audio (I've tried it). I got Apple TV for watching on my home TV - very good!
- Answered by Sue J
- 02 6, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is there a av cable with the lightning connector)
Can you play Facebook videos on your TV using Composite AV Cable Thanks
- Asked by Skye S from Wongawallan
- 03 4, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you play Facebook videos on your TV using Composite AV Cable Thanks)
all the cables do is mirror your device that your are using. so the answer will be yes as long as you can play videos on your device you will be able to see videos on your tv
- Answered by Rene B from San Antonio
- 10 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you play Facebook videos on your TV using Composite AV Cable Thanks)
Great question. But the answer is no. You'd think attaching a "Lightning to 30-pin Adapter" to an iPad with Retina Display, then attaching the "Apple Composite AV Cable" would work right? Because they all connect. HOWEVER, Apple states "Video output not supported" by the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter. So you'd get audio but no video. Apple needs to come out with a "Lightning to Composite AV Cable" for older TV's (non-HDMI/HDTV). Oh well ... Your best bet is to get the Lightning Digital AV Adapter - it works great - with an HDMI/HDTV.
- Answered by Stephen G from Hilo
- 03 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does the av composite cables work with the ipad with retina display)
Can this cable be used to connect the Apple TV to a TV set via USB?
Or does Apple TV need to be connected to the TV via the HDMI port (plus an adapter to connect the HDMI cable to the Composite cable)?
- Asked by Scott W from Glasgow
- 12 19, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable be used to connect the Apple TV to a TV set via USB?)
I have the cable and it does not show video, I do get the sound. I tried to go into settings but I do not have the switch to TV and I have no idea how to get it.... I believe I have the latest update to the software... If you figure it out let us know! Thanks!
- Answered by Maria C from Lubbock
- 05 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this cable work with the iPad 2 or 3 updated to iOS 6.1.2 to a TV??)
Can I hook iPad to tv and see Skype on the tv
- Asked by Tim B from Scarborough
- 10 24, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I hook iPad to tv and see Skype on the tv)
What is the length of the cable from the composite inputs to the iPod input and what is the length of the cable that has a USB port at the end of it?Best Answer:
Its about 2 metres. (6 feet)
Will the av/usb composite cable allow me to use my iPhone as GPS and display it on Ford's mytouch screen through the av hub?
- Asked by Donald H from Indianapolis
- 07 1, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the av/usb composite cable allow me to use my iPhone as GPS and display it on Ford's mytouch screen through the av hub?)
Can I watch my iPhone 5 videos on my tv?
- Asked by Miguel F from Santa Paula
- 10 8, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch my iPhone 5 videos on my tv?)
Not through this cable, I agree with the previous person, unless you purchase the HDMI cable, that works, but this cable does not show video if you have updated to IOS 6
- Answered by Jerald B from Raytown
- 10 14, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch my iPhone 5 videos on my tv?)
does this include the wall charger?
- Asked by Jerry A from Baton Rouge
- 12 31, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (does this include the wall charger?)
Yes, a 5 watt power brick is included, and the cable has a USB connector to plug into the brick.
- Answered by Derek M from Ely
- 01 12, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does this include the wall charger?)
Hi - I have this same question...I just purchased the AV Composite Cable, have the Iphone 4/IOS6 and get no video...only sound on my tv...bummer. If you or anyone else can answer this, let me know. Thanks.
- Answered by Jeff L from Jackson
- 10 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the AV Composite Cable works with my iPhone 4s with IOS6 ? Or will I only have the sound? Thanks and regards Dirk)
It works with any TV that has composite inputs (just about every TV).
- Answered by Robert S from Richmond
- 05 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Would this also work with a LG tv or does it only work with apple tvs??)